Well.....I finally sat down today and prepared this post. Better late than never...I always say =-).
Sit down and get comfortable because it's going to take a little while to get through this one.
We had a WONDERFUL time on our vacation. We shared our vacation again this year with our friends, the McKays. This was the first time we had been to Panama City Beach. Jamey and Tracie had been there before. I have to say it is by far one of my FAVORITE beaches. Beautiful white sand...emerald green water.
We stayed at a very nice place....Sterling Reef....it was brand new, exceptionally clean and well maintained. We all LOVED it. Our room was gorgeous.....decorated to the hilt. It was 3 bedrooms/3 bathrooms....very roomy. We always book our vacation through a website called VRBO. It's a good place to find awesome deals on condos ANYWHERE! This is where I booked this condo. We were very pleased.
This is the view from our balcony.........BEAUTIFUL!! I want to go back NOW!!!
Just look at that sunset.......
This was the pool area......
the boys having some fun in the S-U-N!!
I call this one "The Pouter".......cute, huh?!
We visited an amusement park that had lots of fun stuff to do.....Here's Sydnee and Tyler getting ready to have some fun....
Ever heard of a SkyCoaster?? Well, that's what Jarrett, Tracie and I are about to ride in this picture. We were SO scared AND excited all at the same time. It was GREAT!!
This picture CrACks me UP!! We are getting all strapped in and ready to go....Tracie is saying..."What have I gotten myself into??!!".
We went up 13 stories in the air and then I had to pull the ripcord....which kinda freaked me out....when I pulled it we dropped straight down....down...down....down. Talk about an adrenaline rush!! We all LOVED it!!
I was so proud of Jarrett for having the guts to go through with it. He was very proud of himself too =-) He said he couldn't wait to tell all his friends. After we took all of our gear off from the SkyCoaster, we all rode Go-Karts.
The boys got some henna tattoos while we were at the beach. Jarrett with his spider
Blake and his snake....
Mason also had a snake. That's Blake in the background dancing...I think. Silly...Silly boy =-)
One day we went to St. Andrews State Park.....it was absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! Our friends, Amy and Paul told us about this place and told us to be sure to check it out.
It reminded me of Cancun. Michael, Jarrett, Tyler, Tracie, Jamey and I went snorkeling. It was alot of fun. The water was crystal clear.
Michael videoing....
Look how beautiful.
Michael and Jarrett found this little feller while they were snorkeling. We brought him home with us. This was Jarrett's first pet hermit crab.
We ended up going to a souvenir shop and buying 2 more. One for Mason and one for Blake. They had a big time playing with them. It was hilarious listening to them talk for them....too cute. Unfortunately Blake and Jarrett's crabs didn't last too long after we got back home to Kingsport. I felt so bad. Those little guys were just fine until we got them :-(.
Michael and Jamey took the boys out one night to play some putt-putt at Pirate's Island. Tracie, Sydnee and I stayed at the condo and enjoyed some girl time =-). Michael and Jamey took my camera with them and had a large time taking some very silly pictures.......not this one, it's just cute.
Here's Jarrett jumping up in the air after a hole-in-one. He beat everyone in putt-putt by the way. That Jarrett has always been very good at putt-putt. Who knows, he might just be the next Tiger Woods ;-).
Yes...this picture of Jamey is blurry.....but, I couldn't resist putting it on here. Since it was Pirate's Island they had several little fake pirate tombstones around the course. Here's what I mean by sillyness!! LOL!!!!! Get it?? RIPPPP...
Michael....resting in peace.....
One evening we went out to eat. We were all starving and ate like a bunch of pigs.
We seriously put away some crab legs......YUMMY!!!!
Jarrett enjoyed cracking those suckers open.
Blake soon got the hang of it too....
Almost every morning......Jamey got up and fixed breakfast. I'm talkin' eggs, homemade biscuits and gravy, and sausage. It was GRRREAT!! He spoiled us all.
Then in the evenings Tracie would fix us all a batch of brownies. Yes...we did some eating while we were on vacation. Ok...ALOT of eating....
Has a friend ever stabbed you in the back??? Well, Michael almost had it happen to him literally!! I caught this incident on camera! (actually I made them reinact it) This looks kinda scary...huh??!! Trust me it was all in fun ;-). Michael and Tracie love to give each other a hard time.
Almost every night we went walking on the beach. The boys loved catching sand crabs.
Tracie and Jamey =-)
Tracie and I...LOL!!!!
Mason and Blake on a mission.....they all caught a TON of crabs.
too cute!!
Sydnee just couldn't hang in there too long. Michael didn't care at all to carry her ;-)
Look at all the crabs.....Don't worry you crab lovers we let them all go before we went back in....
Here's some of my favorite family beach pictures.....I thought they all turned out AWESOME. I took a lot. I just posted my very favorites.











I hope you enjoyed our pictures. I enjoyed sharing them with you.
Sorry it's taken me so long to do this beach post. I don't spend alot of time on the computer anymore. It was taking too much time away from bigger priorities in my life. Like the daily time I spend with my Lord. It seemed I could ALWAYS find time to update my blog on a DAILY basis....but, had a hard time fitting in my prayer and Bible study. SHAME ON ME! Same thing with my workout regimine. I could also ALWAYS find time to go workout 5/6 days a week....but, just couldn't find the quite time to spend with my Lord. I decided things had to change with the computer time.......the Lord gave me a huge slap in the face with my gym time. With the problems I have had....it definitely slowed me down. I'm going to be just fine.....I may not be as physically strong and fit as I was 2 1/2 months ago....but, I AM more spiritually strong and fit than I was 2 1/2 months ago. God is Good. The physical struggles that I have gone through forced me to slow down and has brought me even closer to the Lord.
I am enjoying my new job. Some of those kids break my heart though. It's hard to believe what some kids live through on a daily basis.
My hours are AWESOME! I work 8:30-1:20. I still have time to come home, get dinner going and pick up around the house. The Lord worked everything out with my schedule. I also work with some wonderful people. I'm having lots of fun getting to know them. I am very blessed =-).
My back and leg are doing much better. I plan to officially start back to the gym this week. I AM SOOO READY....it will feel great to get back into a workout routine. Nothing like I was doing before of course......all good things come in moderation ;-).
Blake is doing 100% better with school. He doesn't cry anymore. Thank you Lord! It was killing me......I hated that he was so sad. After MANY prayers for the Blakester he seems to finally be adjusting. Mommy being at his school has helped tremendously too.
Jarrett is doing very well in school. He likes his teachers. He seems to also be adjusting well to fourth grade. I've heard from other parents that the fourth grade is hard. I'm just praying that Jarrett continues to stay on top of things. He has also had his first Charger game. I didn't take my camera....I forgot! OOPS! He played great. He played safety and also ran the ball a few times. Next time I WILL have my camera. His next game is on Saturday.
Michael and I have been getting alot of work done around the house. We have almost completely wiped out our "To-Do" list. We are also getting ready to have a yard sale next weekend. I don't know WHY I put myself through the torture of a yard sale. Everytime I have one I always say..."I'll never have another one!!".
Ok.....gotta go.
I hope you guys are doing GREAT!
I will update again in the next few weeks.
















34 comments:
Im wondering if you all ever take a bad picture?? The trip looks fantastic!!! We used to vacation in Destin yearly. The first time I went there...it was late at night...dark. I woke up in the morning and before I could think...I said IT SNOWED! I miss those baby powder beaches!
It looks like you had a great great time! And your job and your kids in school....girly---I think Gods gotchya right where he wants ya! I hate that we dont get to hear from you more often...but love your posts when you DO check in.
Be blessed!
I would have loved to come and have a cup of coffee with you!
I am so very glad that you had such a good time on our shores. What beautiful families you both have.
Come back soon!
GREAT PICTURES! What an AWESOME AWESOME VACATION!
Glad to hear that the boys are liking school and CONGRATS on your JOB!
AGAIN those pictures are GREAT!
That beach is gorgeous... and you know that means something coming from Miss Anti Sand here. I was wondering how you were enjoying your job. Glad Blake is liking school more, too.
Looks like a great vacation!
I especially loved the pics of you all in your whites and khaki...very nice!
That is great about your job. Shine the Light of Jesus there Jennifer.
I can't wait to get back to the classroom and like you, the Lord has blessed me with awesome part time hours. He is so good to us, isn't He?/
ENjoy the remainder of summer and the start of autumn.
We LOVED Panama City Beach! It's by far my favorite. Your pictures are wonderful and it sounds like you guys had a blast! We're leaving for Corolla this weekend. Going with our pastor and another couple from church. Should be loads of fun!
What a wonderful vacation. It seem like you really had a great time. Loved the photos. So glad you are doing better. It seems God always has a way to pull us back in when we slack on our priorities.It's always great to read your blog.It always picks me up when I need it most. Keep on blogging girl.
Hey girl!
I'm so happy to see a new post on here!!! Sounds like you had a fantastic time.Those beach pictures are out of this world.
Your job sounds like it was heaven sent. Glad Blake is doing better too.
I love reading your posts. The only bad part is it makes me miss you that much more!!
Miss you, love you and come visit us soon!
M
That looks like a great vacation-can we go on the next one?? :) Those are beautiful pics! You all are so photogenic! So pretty-the whole bunch of ya! :)
I'm so excited for you with your new job. You are so perfect for that! I know those children are so blessed to have you in their lives now. And I'm glad Blake is adjusting to K a little bit better. That was tough, I'm sure.
It was good to see you at the shower last week. Let's get together again soon...all the laughter brought a tear to my eye!
love,
me
I just had to say one thing-skycoaster??? That brings back the memories!! I'll just tell you this-I'm a much bigger chicken now than then so I commend you for doing it again and go Jarrett!! Your beach pictures are amazing!! Gorgeous!!! :)
I am glad you finally finished this post!! :o) The pictures you took were awesome...glad my tripod came in to good use!
That seriously makes me want to go to the beach even more!!! Although seeing that "sky-coaster" thing brings back bad memories of that crazy thing we did at King's Island...haha.
I am glad all is going well with your job and the kids.
First of all I have to say WOW! Those beach pix are very nice!! You have some talent girlfriend! What a beautiful family.
I love Panama City Beach. We have visited there 3 times. I'm not a huge beach lover, but that one is one of the best. Sounds and looks like you and your friends had a fantastic time together. Thanks for sharing it with us in blog land.
Great to hear you are enjoying your new job. You will do a great and I feel sure you will bless everyone you come in contact with. Glad your youngest is doing better too. That makes things much easier on mom. All of my boys are back in school and we are trying to get back on a routine...it's hard.
Enjoyed seeing a new post from Fox Family Fun!!! I will keep checking for another new one soon...hint...hint.
Much blog love to you
Looks like a great vacation.. I love the family picture. that is wonderful.. Glad all is going well in your life.. Looking forward to hearing from you again in a few weeks.
Omg Your back..What amazing pictures from the beach...They were Beautiful..Im with Becky..Do you ever, not take a good picture..Those little boys of your's are just Ham's! What a bunch of Heartbreakers they will be, I feel sorry for their girlfriends over the next years!
Jennifer
I so enjoyed reading about your vacation. Thank you for sharing all the fun. Looks like you have some wonderful friends.
Those beach pictures are spectacular! I will join the others and say do you ever take a bad picture! What a beautiful family. Those handsome boys are going to break hearts.
and I don't think I have ever seen a crab so up close and personal before. ha-ha-ha
What a perfect job you have and what a perfect girl they picked for that job. The Lord has a plan for all of this.
I understand about keepng priorities in order. What a testimony you were to me this morning. Theres a couple of things I need to get back in order.
I'm happy to hear everything is going so well for you. You certainly deserve it young lady!
Try and update again soon. You spoiled me with your daily updates I have to admit.
I love you
-ann
Jennifer,
It is good to see you again and oh my what a beautiful family you have. I'm glad to hear you have found your happiness, you deserve it. You do have two handsome young men to compliment your husband. He is also a handsome fellow and a lucky man. I appreciate the website with the words of encourgement on it. I will pray for you and your family that all goes well. Take care.
Brian
Looks like you had a wonderful time! Your pictures are great- especially that last set! My gosh, I would LOVE to have such gorgeous shots of my family :)
What a fun trip!
I can't believe you rode that skycoaster thing!! You are a nut!
I enjoyed reading about your vacation. I totally want to go to PCB now!
Your pictures are awesome. You did a great job with those. Will you go with us on our next vacation and take some of our family? Seriously!
Love and miss you
Sharon
Looks like you guys had a blast. I can't wait until my little ones are old enough to enjoy that kind of stuff. Or maybe until I can enjoy it without changing diapers, or being worried about naps... The beach pictures of the family are so great.
stalked over to say HI and hope the JOB and all is going GREAT!
Jennifer, that was such an enjoyable vacation blog. Really great. I want you to take us with you next year, of course. :-)
Good for you on your priorities.Keep up the good work on everything. Bless your heart.
You always post beautiful pictures on your blog. It is always a pleasure to read your blogs.And I look forward to reading your post. Your blog always cheers me up when I need it most. God Bless you.
Hey Jenn
Miss you...come back soon!
Love you oodles!
M
I haven't peeked in a long time.. glad I did.. LOVE the pictures!!! and it looked amazingly fun!!!
are you still out there??? missin you!
hellllllllooooooooo...........wondering if you are still out there somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? where have you been???
Missing you...love you
-ann
Hey Jenn....are you EVER going to blog again????? I miss reading about your life! I'll call you in the next couple of days to get some real life updates!! I'm missing you!!! Hope things are going well.
Love you lots
M
Stalked over to say HI and let you know I still stalk over to check on you. I hope your JOB is going great and HOPE all is great there!
Ok, I'm sad. I'm really missing you blogger buddy! Your fun posts always inspired me. I miss that so much. I miss all the smiling pictures of your family.
I hope you come back sometime very soon.
No pressure here. ha..ha..ha..
Much blog love to you.
HI there Stalked over to say HOPE you are having a GREAT FALL up their in TN!
What beautiful photos!
Wow what a nice pictures its seems they are very happy family i like this post so much.Such a nice information you provide us.
thank you for sharing such a nice information.
The book of love,
I was reading corinthians where the holy spirit fills us and I realised that yes, we may all be profits in God's eyes. So I've decided to share my views with others and I call this the book of love.
Whilst there are times where it's necessary to hit our children to save their lives, I believe God gave children a willingness to learn and be good, we need to use this positive re-inforcement as much as possible to relay our messages to the children we raise, being a mother is one of the most difficult, tiring jobs yet it is such an important part of our society we live in. Children who become bored begin to act up and be naughty this is attention seeking behaviour, it's a message to us to leave the housework and focus on what our child needs, our attention and love.
Many christians take the smack the child approach to far, Jesus intended for the children to come to him, to come to us, it's about love.
Another issue on my mind is about a mother's role and responsibility to her daughters, we need to guide them, protect them, we need to watch them esp. at the age where they are not old enough to know what they are doing, yet curiosity leads them to men, we need to strongly teach our daughters about relationships for love and not sex. To be fulfilled, the reason why we do this is because women's right are children's rights and the less boyfriends one has, the better a mother you can be one day.
The times have changed so fast, since my grandmother we are out working, there is birth control, I see so many young girls who are pressured into promiscous lifestyles unequipped with the tools to protect themselves. We as mother's have a serious job to do nowadays we are the keepers of the family, of the little ones.
Since the Anglican church has condoned divorce, and so many churches have followed with less rules, we are not advised by the anglican church how a divorced women may survive with kids, often women are not bread earners or struggle in the work place, women may also have one divorce after another yet, look at the results of this, women nowadays do not have rights, men are like snakes feeding on sexual immorality.
SAY NO TO SEX, SAY YES TO LOVE.
But still I live with him and he does not want to marry, and I feel badly to have to ask him as the women.
How do we protect children and babies today from perverts? We can lengthen school dresses, we can take away the make-up we can teach girls what to wear to church (WE CAN SEND THE RIGHT MESSAGE ACCROSS) but is this enough? Others are welcome to respons here with their HOLY SPIRIT DIVINATIONS.
What makes me so angry is that the old testament has a book where they explain "in god's vain" how one may treat the sex slave as a land owner, the 10 commandments strictly state NO ADULTRY! So as a christian I sayhow do we love God above ourselves and treat our neighbours as we'd like them to treat us? I am against churches that go around calling themselves God's Annointed or people who say they are God's chosen people, We are all created in the image of God.
AS MARY HELD BABY JESUS : HOW CAN GOD REFLECT TO US THE POWER WE NEED TO DO HIS WORK?
I appeal to men, to consider spirituality above carnal pleasures, I urge you to remember when you were small and looked with a broken home up to a mother and father and I ask you to consider if you really believe that "sexually using women" is right, a 40 year old virgin is less digraceful than a 16 yr old ridden with siphlus.
You are welcome to contact me with your views:
tinjakals@llive.co.za
Post a Comment