Thursday, July 3, 2008

As you guys have probably already realized, I truly enjoy Summer!
I love having Jarrett and Blake out of school....home with me =-).
I love getting up in the mornings with them and planning out fun days for us.
Now, if only our RICH uncle would get out of the POOR house and send us alot of $$$$$....Michael could stay home too!! Then it WOULD be PERFECT!!!

Here's some of my favorite things about Summertime......swimming, picnics, riding bikes, going to the park, VACATIONS, barbecues, catching lightening bugs, staying outside late playing, baseball, campfires and Smores, playing in the sprinklers, having lots of fun with friends/family while making memories that will last forever, and just spending LOTS of quality time together with OUR little family of 4. I mean 5...sorry Daisy!!

We also LOVE the July 4th holiday!!!
I always look so forward to this holiday.
Every year my family has a Fourth of July Bash at my brother, Stevie's, house. We grill out, play croquet, baseball, make homemade ice cream, there's always watermelon and SO MUCH food it's just sinful!!!!! After all that we go and watch the fireworks. It's great!

This is also one of those times that I really miss my Daddy. He always had so much fun at our "Bash". He was the "Croquet Champion" several years running. We all miss him so much!!! My brother always takes time to remember the ones that have attended throughout the years and have went on to be with the Lord. Stevie takes time out before we say the blessing to say a few words about each of them.
I love my brothers, Stevie and Ronnie, SO MUCH! They're the BEST!

Last year Stevie decided to take a year off and it just wasn't the same =-(. We missed it SO badly. Although we did spend our 4th with friends and had a wonderful time doing that last year......I still missed spending it with my family.
This year we plan to go to the parade here in Kingsport and then we are heading straight to my brothers! I can't wait!!!

Ok....here's YOUR questionS of the day....you can just answer one, both or none. *wink*

What are some of YOUR favorite things about Summertime???

AND ALSO....

What are YOUR plans for this 4th of July holiday???

9 comments:

Tam said...

We have not plans for the 4th right now. Just flying by the seat of our pants. LOL I think swimming and the beach picnic are my two favorite things to do in the summer. It is always so mild in GA that we often go to the beach to eat and walk around even in the winter. Have a great Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Well we had worked so much, we planned on working on our deck, laying in the pool, and a cookout w/fireworks...That's not what God had in store...My M-I-L passed away yesterday, so this will be a sad holiday for us...We too, like you..Miss a loved one...

Hope you enjoy the 4th!

Faith said...

I had a poll up last week about favorite summer activities and your kids. Mine are: swimming in one of the many mountain lakes near us, biking, hiking, backyard badminton games, fireflies at nite, ice cream stands that aren't open all year round, camping, deep woods walks, the beach house, reading on the deck, devotions on the deck, coffee on the deck, dinner on the deck (yeah, we spend the whole day on the deck), picnice, kayaking.

We used to spend each 4th of July camping for 3 nites. THe last time we camped was 2002 in Niagara Falls Canada and saw fireworks over the falls.....awesome! Since then we have gotten tickets for the Valley Cats baseball game (ALbany's minor league team) and we stay for the 25 min fireworks show after the game. WE have a ball eating the hotdogs, cotton candy for the kids, iced coffee for me, beer for dave....a great time!

mommy24treasures said...

One of my my fav thig about Summer is the time change. I love the LONG evenings where its 8 oclock before you even realize it.TThe kids are swimming, running to the swing eating out side. True happiness... That is one reason I detest Winter. Where I live it is dark at 5 PM in the wintter and it is depressing.

~cassie~ said...

We are not celebrating our fourth as usuaal.....We are in Orlando...which is AWESOME!!! We are all wearing our red, white and blue...and spending it with our precious family...and some of our new friends too....We miss our friends, and family back home....Hope you and your family have an awesome fourth!!!

Amy said...

I am missing my father too today. He's the one that started naming all the fireworks and over exaggerating the ooh's and ahh's. Oh how he made me laugh!

Tonight we are cooking out burgers and dogs while we watch the fireworks from our little business. This way we don't have to fight the traffic and all the people and we an invite who we want! This afternoon we have been playing on GoogleEarth! You oughta check it out. Way cool, my friend, way cool!


Some of my favorite things about summertime is getting to go to Holiday World in Santa Clause, Indiana (going on Tuesday) and eating as much watermelon as I can possibly stand!

Have a wonderful day and don't forget I gave you a sweet little something a week or so ago!

bearhugs62 said...

We took a trip to Pigeon Forge to meet with some family from Ohio.
It was crowded but wonderful. We rented a cabin there.
There was 10 of them and 2 of us. We all had a wonderful time.

Stephanie said...

Hmmm....my favorite things about summertime?? POOL, BEACH, BBQ's, FLIP FLOPS, SUN TANS, HOLIDAYS, VACATIONS!! Just to name a few ;)

bearhugs62 said...

Hay girl, I know I had said from the day I first blogged to you or should I say I first read your blog, I felt like we could have been great friends. It felt like I had known you forever. Well I guess I kind of do. We have been close friends with your brother Ronnie for what seems like forever. We love him to death. It's a small world isn’t it?