Yesterday was Jarrett's actual birthday.
Yep....Jarrett is officially 9 years old now!!
I can not believe it!!!!
Monday night, before Jarrett went to bed, we talked about the day he was born and how excited we were. Then yesterday morning I forgot it was his birthday. I'm loosing it!!!!
He and I were brushing our teeth and he was getting ready for basketball camp at our church. When he got finished he looked at me and said...."Don't you need to tell me something?" with a big smile on his face. I couldn't believe I forgot!! So I grabbed him up and gave him a BIG hug and said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARRETT FOX!!" I think I was forgiven rather quickly =-)
Jarrett had basketball camp yesterday from 9-noon. He is really enjoying it too. We are usually gone on vacation during this week. This is the first time Jarrett has gotten to go. We like to go on vacation during the week of our birthdays...it makes them extra special. We didn't this year.....we are going with our friends, the McKays, and their daughter Sydnee was born on MY birthday! ANOTHER great birthday gift!!! I just love that little Sydnee. She had her 2nd birthday this year.....when we planned our trip we planned it for the last week of July....so Tracie would have plenty of time to plan Sydnee's party. It worked out really well. If we were there NOW our trip would almost be over....but NOW we still have it to look forward too!! Yeah!!
Anyway......after basketball camp. We went to Eastman Cabins for a "Day of Play" with some ladies from church. When my friend, Sarah, got the picnic shelter for all of us....she booked it on the 22nd....not knowing it was Jarrett's birthday. So I decided I would get dessert for everyone......a birthday cake for Jarrett. We all sang Happy Birthday to him and he blew his candles out at exactly 2:13, the time 9 years ago that he was born. Jarrett thought that was pretty cool. Everyone got to enjoy some yummy cake too.....so it was a win-win situation for us all!
Michael and I asked Jarrett Monday evening to think about what he would like to do when Daddy came home from work on Tuesday to celebrate his birthday. Jarrett wanted to go play Putt-Putt. The weather didn't cooperate at all! It came a large storm. We very much needed the rain....so I didn't complain. Although we didn't get to play Putt-Putt. We will just do it another day....perhaps at the B-E-A-C-H??!!!! Sounds like a plan to me!!
So Jarrett decided since putt-putt didn't work out he would like to go eat and have dessert. He chose Texas Roadhouse and had some of his favorites.......hot rolls with cinnamon butter, Texas cheese fries and some chicken tenders. We of course had to tell our waiter that it was our little man's birthday. So he and several other waiters/waitresses came clapping and singing, after we finished our dinner, singing a special birthday song.....also bringing along some yummy ice cream with chocolate syrup. He was all smiles and very happy during the birthday song and while eating his ice cream.
We made it home around 9:30. Jarrett had already received some Happy Birthday calls from Mamaw Net, Uncle Stevie and Uncle Ronnie during the day. When we got home he got another call from Mamaw Na Na and Papaw Dan....they sung Happy Birthday to him. Jarrett loved it. We are so incredibly blessed with a wonderful family. They love Jarrett SOO much.
I'm pretty sure Jarrett enjoyed his special day.
Jarrett and Blake are our little miracles from God.
Although, some days they make Michael and I want to pull our hair out!! LOL!!!
We love them both so much!
Michael and I pray that we are the parents that the Lord wants us to be......showing them lots of love, guidance, discipline when they need it, and instilling christian values that they both need to become strong christian men one day.
We will be leaving in just a few days on vacation. Please remember us in your prayers for safety in our travels going to and from Florida. Thank you guys so much!!
BTW.....I still haven't gotten a call with the results of my CT scan. If I find out anything before we leave.....I will update with that info. Thank you AGAIN for your prayers! God is good and he has a plan for all of this!!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Happy Birthday Jarrett!!
Posted by
Jennifer
at
9:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















3 comments:
Happy Birthday Jarrett!!! :o) I thought about him yesterday when someone asked me what the date was...you know me and my problem with not being able to forget dates.
I hate putt-putt got rained out...but putt-putt at the beach is way more cooler than K-town!!!
I hope you get your CT results soon...so you can put it behind you!!
Have a very safe trip and have a blast!!!
Hope you guys have a great time on Vacation...and again yell and beep when YOU pass the EXIT that says RICHMOND HILL GA! LOL LOL That is MEEE!!!!!
hey girl - What is happening.
I check in to your blog every day and it looks like I will have to send the blog police your way. Are you alright? I miss reading about you and your gang and seeing the great pictures you take.
Did you get the results of your CT scan. I pray that it is okay and that it is just a mean bone that is giving you problems LOL!!!!!
Well take care. If there is anything you need let me know.
Love Dena
Post a Comment