How-Deeee!
It's been a very nice day here in Tennessee.
Not too hot.....juuuussst right!
I got up this morning and worked around the house....getting a few little odds and ends finished up.
I went to vacuum my living room this morning and my vacuum wasn't working the way it should've been! ARRRRRGGH!!!! I think the motor is going out on it! Last week it was my dryer NOW it's my vacuum.
Don't you just love it when everything starts to tear up all at once??!!!!
Michael worked on my dryer before we left for the beach and finally realized that it had just kicked the bucket! I had purchased the dryer from a friend about 10 years ago for a whopping $150....she had the dryer for about 6 years before I purchased it. So it had been a good one......WE had definitely gotten our money out of it!! So.....to make a long story a little shorter......I got me a brand spankin' new dryer! Yeah! Hopefully this one will last 16 years also ;-).
So anyways.....back to my vacuum. I LOVE my vacuum! I use it daily. I had to take it to our vacuum repair guy. So I'm without a vacuum!!! I give that another ARRRRGGGH! He is supposed to call tomorrow with an estimate. If it's the motor.....he said it would be about $200. That doesn't make me smile AT ALL!
After all my vacuum issues......we headed to the pool.
Kurt, our youth pastor, and his wife Bicki asked if I would come along today to help them chaperone our "10 dollar Tuesday" (Kurt tries to plan activities that cost under $10 on Tuesdays during the Summer) for our youth at our local pool. We had 22 of our youth show up. Kurt barbecued hamburgers and we had a lot of fun. We wound up going back to Kurt and Bicki's afterwards. Bicki kept the boys for me while I went to the doctor to get my MRI results.
I found out some not so good news.
I have a bone bruise of the distal femur and proximal tibia of my right leg.
My doctor said it was probably from overdoing it.
ME OVERDO SOMETHING???!!!!!!
I am notorious for this kind of thing.
When I find something I like.......I wear it out. Whether it be food, hobbies, or exercise. This time I am learning a HARD lesson...do all things in moderation. The GOOD part is that my doctor said I don't have to go to physical therapy. But, it will take 4/5 months for the bone bruise to heal. So NO RUNNING and NO AEROBICS for 4/5 months. He told me that I can try the elliptical......but most likely he recommends that I stick to a stationary bike. I hate this SOOO bad. I so enjoyed running. I haven't gone to the gym in a month!! YES...A MONTH!!! It's taking a toll on me too. I LOVE to workout.
After today's MRI results and the mystery of my leg pain FINALLY solved......I plan to get started again at the gym Monday. SLOOWLY! Not the hardcore workout regiment that I've been used to. My plans are to start out on the good ole' elliptical again...along with some cycling.
As far as meds go...I have to take Naproxin and ice my leg after each workout.....the doctor said preferably EVERY day for a month at least.
Like I've said before it could have been A LOT worse! I can still walk.....and this injury will get better with time. A good friend told me that it's probably the good Lord above giving me a little nudge telling me I need to slow down a bit.
Do ya think???
After my doctor's appointment....I went back to Kurt and Bicki's for a little while.
Jarrett had an All Star scrimmage at 6pm and their son, Ben, asked if he could come along. So we all packed up and headed to Jarrett's scrimmage.
The Colonial Heights All Stars played a good game. The team we played REALLY had it together. We lost 10-17. Jarrett struck out 3 times. Michael and I were SO proud of him though. Even though he certainly didn't have his best game......he kept his head held high. This isn't always easy for Jarrett...he is very hard on himself. But, he did it this time and it certainly made us smile. We always tell Jarrett that you can't have a great game every time. This is what having good sportsmanship is all about. You've got to have some bad games to keep your ego in check!
After the game.....we came back to the house and Ben ended up spending the night.
As I am typing I can hear them upstairs laughing and playing the Playstation.
Boys....gotta love em!!
I hope you all had a grrrrreat Tuesday.
Ps....I'm still working on my Beach post. It may be next week before I finish it.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Little Bit of This...Little Bit of That...
Posted by
Jennifer
at
11:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















8 comments:
Well it definitely could have been worse about your leg...I hope it gets better for you soon.
Davis played like Jarrett this weekend so I can relate to that also. I think it is sometimes harder on me than Davis because I so badly want him to play well so he can feel good about himself!
Hope your leg is better sooner than the drs expect....we'll pray!!
Have a great day...gorgeous up here in NY.
sorry about YOUR leg!
Glad you got some answers on your leg...sorry it is going to be slow! I'm sure this has been hard on you..hang in there! Still praying for you!
Glad you all had a nice time at the beach! Can't wait to see pics! It looks like Blake had a nice bday! Happy bday to him!! :) I can't believe these kiddos are turning 5 and going to Kindergarten...where has the time gone? :) OK, enough rambling! Hope you all are having a great day!
Glad you found out what was going on with your leg...just have patience and in time you will be in great shape again. Just remember that moderation really is the key in all things. If you would slow down or stay in town for a minute...maybe we could get together before the summer is gone (HA HA)
Love ya girl.........
Diana
Glad you found out what is going on with your leg....I will be praying for you...Much love...
Jennifer - thanks for always keeping your blog updated with lots of pictures...I love keeping up with your family.
I hope your body recovers soon. Luv cuz Ann
I'm sorry that you injured yourself like that, but I have wanted to tell you that reading your blog encouraged me to step it up from walking to "running" (jogging). I can do 2 miles without actually falling down dead, which is amazing, so I do it about every day. So thank you for the boost you gave me, even if you didn't know you did. :-) And I sure hope you are better soon!
Post a Comment