Monday, July 21, 2008

Jarrett's 9th Birthday Party!

Hi there friends!!
We have been partying it UP!!!! We had Jarrett's 9th Birthday Party on Saturday. He couldn't wait. He invited several of his best buddies from school and also some friends from church. Some of our family also got to come and join us. It turned out to be everything that Jarrett wanted. We had originally planned to have his birthday party at Appalachian Caverns and do a cave walk.....but, when Jarrett saw that the movie "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" was coming out around his birthday he decided he would like to have his party at the theater and watch that movie. So that's exactly what we did. It was a GREAT movie...by the way. If you haven't already seen it you should go, it's a great movie for the whole family!

It was supposed to have been shown in 3D at this particular movie theater....but, they didn't receive the correct print for the movie so they had to show it in 2D. Jarrett didn't care too much....but since the theater didn't have the movie they promised they gave us a GREAT deal on the party. That made Mommy and Daddy happy....very happy. I love a good deal!!
Here's a few pictures from the party....
Jarrett was all smiles..... Happy Birthday Jarrett Michael Fox!!
everyone singing Happy Birthday to my little man.....
Making a wish and blowing out his candles..... Here's our family and friends crammed into this little tiny party room at the theater. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out with the little space that we had...but it worked out just fine. I enlisted a few of my friends that were there to help out. Jayme helped out with taking pictures and videoing. Thank you!!! Tracie helped out with getting the drink order together. Thank you!!!! Bicki helped with cutting and handing out the birthday cake. Thank you!!!!! As you can probably tell.....I'm a delegater. When you come to our birthday parties...I usually give you a job! ha..ha..ha....
time to open presents....Yeeeeee-Haaaw!!!
He got LOTS of C-A-S-H!!! CHU-CHING!!!! He was very happy! He wound up with close to $200 in cash and gift cards.
Jarrett and most of his friends.....a few of them had already gone out of the theater before I could catch them. All the boys LOVED the movie!!! They all clapped and cheered when it was over. Although, it WOULD have been even awesomer (Yes, I know that's not a word) in 3D!!!!
more friends....Ashley, Allie and Skyler
Jarrett and Logan...
Cole and Jarrett...
Ben, Jarrett and Dalton...
Blake, Spencer, Jarrett and Hayden...
Davis, Jarrett, Dalton and Blake....
Holden, Jarrett and Blake....
and family............... Mamaw Net, Mamaw Na Na, and my sister in law Jackie....
my brother Stevie, Jarrett, Jackie and their son Daniel. Notice the hillbilly hat my dear brother wore.....he loves to try and embarrass me, he doesn't realize I'm completely numb to it after all these years! LOL!!! I just love that crazy brother of mine!!! My other brother Ronnie couldn't come....we sure did miss him!
and here we are back at home after the party with our birthday boy....
Jarrett totally enjoyed every second of his day. He said it was the best birthday ever. After his party we came home and my Mom, Nancy and Danny came too.....along with one of Jarrett's friends. That night we met up with friends to watch the FunFest fireworks. It was a long, but fun, day!

Sorry guys for my lack of posting. I have just let go of some things that have been taking up too much of my time. One being.....my blog/computer time.....I had been allowing this to take up a ridiculous amount of my time. I am still going to be posting, just not as frequently. No more play by play action of the daily events in the Fox world.
Please, I'm begging you, don't let yourself lose sleep over it......ha..ha..ha.

Here's a few little updates......from the past couple of weeks....my Mom has gotten to come over and spend a couple of nights with us...we enjoyed that SO much, we have gone to cook-outs, had movie nights, I've gotten together with my girlfriends and played cards, taken Jarrett and Blake to visit with residents at an assisted living center, we have enjoyed a few things at a local event called FunFest, swimming, the boys going to sleepovers and having sleepovers, spending time with family and friends, going to my doctor appointments, getting ready for school to start, and we are leaving for Panama City Beach Florida in about 4 days!!! YIPEEE!! So I'm beginning to get ready for that vacation. When we get back our Summer is over! Which is VERY SAD!! I hate to see Jarrett and Blake start school.
This week Jarrett has Basketball Camp, Blake has his 5yr checkup along with getting his shots for kindergarten, we have a picnic planned with some ladies from church, and we have plans to go swimming a couple of days this week.
Yep...we are trying to get it all in before our Summer comes to an abrupt hault.

I'm really struggling with sending Blake to kindergarten....Blake on he other hand is VERY excited about it. I'm going to miss having him home with me SO MUCH! I'm already experiencing the empty nest syndrome!!

I also hope to get the results from my blood work in the next couple of days. I am supposed to get my CT scan results back today or tomorrow and we will see what the next step is on correcting the problems I am having with my back. This will determine whether I have back surgery...which I DO NOT want to do!

Oh and I also celebrated my birthday yesterday too.
Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to me....Happy Birthday dear MEEEEE....Happy Birthday to ME!!
I had a great birthday!! My boys woke me up singing Happy Birthday.....so sweet. My birthday is the 20th and Jarrett's birthday is 22nd! How cool is that!! Jarrett is the best birthday gift I have ever gotten!!!! I could have actually had my sweet Jarrett ON my birthday, but I had endured 8 weeks of bed rest with him and when my OB doctor checked me at 36 weeks and told me that I could go on to the hospital because I was dilated 4 centimeters and effaced 50 percent. I told her "I need to go to Walmart!!"
You see....I had a few things that I needed to get finished before his grand arrival. I was deeply into the "nesting" stage. So...like I said....Jarrett could have been born on my birthday if I hadn't needed to get a few things at WallyWorld! LOL!!!! Jarrett did arrive in his own time on July 22 @ 2:13 in the afternoon weighing in at 7lbs 6 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. He was big to be 4 weeks early!!! Just another one of the many miracles I've had in my life!!!! God is SOOO Good!!! I need to sit down one day and share my testimony with you guys. That will be coming soon!!!

Anyway, yesterday after church I went to lunch with my little family of four and also with a couple of friends and their families to celebrate my birthday. Then after our evening service I went out for dessert with a couple of friends after church. During the day.....I received a couple of calls from my family singing Happy Birthday to me..loved it!, lots of happy birthday hugs =-), text messages, cards, a hilarious gag gift and some very sweet ones too.
I really felt special on my birthday.
I can't believe I'm 30 years old now!! Where has the time gone????? (I'm such a liar!!....I'm really 31) OK.....you probably shouldn't believe that either. The truth is that I'm 33. Ok...I'm doing it again.....OK,OK, OK....the REAL truth is that I'm 35!! 35.....35.....35! Yes....35.
I'm 35 and lovin' life =-)!!!
Really, what's not to love??
Yes...I have my ups and downs, my good days and my bad days, my fair share of trials and tribulations....but you know what?? At the end of the day..I'm still a child of God, I serve a risen Savior and I'm HEAVEN BOUND!! WOO-HOO!!!! It just can't get any better than that my friend!

I hope each of you have a wonderful week......I'm not sure if I will update again before we leave for the Beach. Who knows I just might surprise ya.

I will update again if I receive any results from my blood work or CT scan....which I fully expect to receive this week. Thank you so much once again for your prayers!!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer

Sure do miss you in the blogging world. But I can see where it does take up a lot of time.
Our prayers are with you. Pray that the results of your test are good.

Love Dena

Tam said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!

Yeah it does take up lots of time! I use that post option where I have like tons of stuff scheduled in the future...like the next 5 days are just recipes that will pop up because I am going to be MIA...lol So it will look like I am blogging...LOL I love that option it is so cool.

HAVE FUN FUN FUN AT THE BEACH!

Becky said...

What a fantastic post! The party looks like it was uber awesome!!! And omigosh!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hate htat I missed it! AND....Go live your life. Even though we will miss you more than ever, know that we DO understand that this is just a sideline, not a requirement. Post when you can! Have a great great vacation!

~cassie~ said...

Glad you had a Happy Birthday!!! I know how it feels to be 35...=) and like I told you yesterday...I feel younger...not older...Ha ha ha....

Guess who else is leaving for vacation in 4 days? Yep...You are reading her comment....I am telling you...We must have radar or something....=) No where near the same place this time though....Hope you guys have a wonderful week...I am sure your week will be fun filled, just like ours....just trying to get everything in....Will be praying for you...and your test results...God Bless....

Nicole said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I was going to tell you at church but I laid around all morning with my neck pain. I am so glad you had so many friends and family to spend it with though!

Keep me posted on your test results...I am praying for a positive outcome!

I hope you have a wonderful vacation too...I don't really like those who get to take a vacation...wink, wink...but I still hope you have a great time...haha!

Pierce Family Happenings said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Glad you had a special day! :) Happy birthday to Jarrett, too! :) Abigail's bday is 4 days after mine-I think it is neat to have a child with a bday so close to your own.
I hear you on the blogging...I took a break and it helped get things in perspective for me and our family time and my time management. :)
Your vacation sounds great! Have a fabulous time!
Kindergarten is getting the best of me too! :(
Love,
Anne

Faith said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Wow..you all go back to school so early.
We have only been out since June 26.

We go back the Thursday after Labor Day (I go back the day after for teacher mtgs.etc)

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.....

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!!
I wish I lived closer so WE could go celebrate your birthday!!

Happy birthday to Jarrett too.
It sounds like he had an awesome party.
Girl, you know how to make those boys happy!!

Have a great time in Panama Beach! It's beautiful down there.

Love you and miss you
M

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jarrett

Happy Birthday Jennifer

I love you both!!!

-ann

angela said...

I was just wandering if YOU had a BIRTHDAY Party for yourself. I saw all the celebrations for the boys-------and there it was, "your birtday" posting. HAPPY BIRTHDAY......hope it was a GREAT ONE. I love and miss you. I am glad all your tests are coming in good.

love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer and Jarrett!!! Glad to hear your good news about the test and I hope that everything is ok.
Have a great vacation and call me when you return please!!

Love ya KIM