Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How U Doin'!!!

Hey guys.....Yes, I'm still here.

Michael took our computer to get de-bugged. It was running soooo slow. We found out quickly that our computer had lots of problems.....and it took the guy until this evening to get it back up and running again.
I have been without a computer since Friday! {GASP!!}

You would think that I would be experiencing some type of "computer withdrawal"...as some of my friends asked me.
Believe it or not.....I wasn't!
No tremors, no night sweats, no nausea....nothing!!
It actually made me realize that I probably spend a little bit too much time on this crazy thing! You think???!!!!!

I am ridiculously behind on everything here on my blog and also on my blogger buddies blogs out in the great "blogosphere". That was a mouthful!

Here's a few little updates....

We had a wonderful July 4th with our families. We also got to enjoy some time with friends at the July 4th parade here in Kingsport before we went to spend the day with our families. It was a great day that just ended too quickly. Yes....I have some pictures.....I don't know when I'm going to get them downloaded though. I still haven't downloaded all the pictures from our beach trip with the youth.
Go ahead, call me a "slacker".......I can take it!
You love me anyway...don't ya. {wink}

Baseball is also officially over for us. This is bittersweet. We hate to see the baseball season come to an end....but at the same time we need a little break from sports...and all the running that goes along with it. Jarrett had his last Allstar game in Bristol on Monday. So we have a little downtime until Charger football begins. We are going to take full advantage of it too!!!

I hope you guys have been doing well.......I will catch back up with you soon.
We have had lots of things going on and will continue to do so throughout the remainder of the Summer.
You know me.......I'm trying to enjoy each and every day with my little family before school starts.

One more thing.....my leg is doing much better. Thank you so much for your prayers.
I still have some pain...but, nothing like it was.
However, now I am having some other problems.
I found out today, after some back xrays at my Orthopedic doctor's office, that I have a compression fracture to my T12 vertebrae.
WHAT???!!!!
You can imagine the look on my face when my doctor told me what he saw on the xray! I have had back pain for a few weeks now and it seemed to only be getting worse...I just never dreamed it would be something like that.
Good Grief!
I'm scheduled for a CT scan on the 15th to find out the extent of the injury. This will determine what the next step will be.
I also go for blood work on Friday....to find out what's causing the problems with my eyes.
All this is MADNESS....MADNESS I TELL YOU!!!! I have NEVER had so many doctor appointments in my life!!!!

Please continue to remember me in your prayers.
I know everything happens for a reason.

Thank you so much for your comments and the emails checking on me while I have been absent from the blog world......I feel very loved =-).

20 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh no! I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers for you back pain. Wow...that's a lot!

AshNAlMom said...

What are we gonna do with you. I believe the Lord is telling you to SLOW DOWN girl. I will continue to pray for you, if you need anything just give me a call.
Love You

Becky said...

*gasp* What the heck! You go away from the computer and you fall apart!?!?! Girl whats up with that????? (You only THOUGHT you didnt have any side effects!) I sure hope you are back to WHOLE again real soon. Miss seeing your smiling posts!

Faith said...

Glad you're back and your leg is better!
I'll just keep praying for ya in regards to these other issues....my oh my!

We're busy too so am not blogging as much...but it is a good, fun kind of busy!!

We LOVE summer!!
Blessings to you...I'll keep checkin' in with ya!

~cassie~ said...

Bless you heart....I understand where you are coming from..I agree with Jayme...Maybe you just need to slow down a little....I will be praying for you...We are here for you, if you need us...Love ya

Anonymous said...

Hey girl just checking in and I see you have had lots of happenings and I hope that you are feeling better soon. Keep in touch and love you much girl!!!KIM

Tam said...

Sending good good thoughts to YOU!
Yeah DOC apts have been my life lately too!

GO have lots and lots of fun because accorrding to something I read lately...that is the key to life...having fun. People that go out and do the things you are doing live Happier LIVES!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn
I have not checked your blog in a long time. We have been very busy.
I have sat here and read your blog for 3 hours!!!!!!!!
I think I am caught up!
It sounds like your Summer has been filled with lots of fun, family and friends. You are so blessed!

I will be praying for your healing. I know things will turn out just fine. I'm going to call you in the next couple of days so we can really sit and chat. I miss our long talks.

I love you and miss you so much!

Anonymous said...

OMG! They say everything starts going down hill when you hit 30....Sometimes I feel 100! Glad to see your back...We'll be praying for your injuries, and you feel better soon!

Rachel said...

I am praying for you.
You always inspire me with your upbeat positive attitude! I only wish I could be as strong as you are-even in the down times.
Best wishes to you my sweet blogger friend.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with your family. We have been so busy this summer. (you have probably noticed that my last post was in May!!!)

Take care of yourself--I will be back soon to check on you.
I will lift you up in prayer daily---that's a promise.

Hugs!!

Tam said...

IT is Friday! Wanted to send out A bloggy Hello this GREAT DAY!

HOPE you are having a wonderful day

Tam said...

I HOPE you are smiling today! I have a little little something for you on my blog...yeah I know just what you really needed. I know you get these all the time but you know what YOUR blog ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer
I want you to know that I am praying for you. I know it has to be hard to be faced with all these things at once.
There are so many people that love you and are praying for you. You are such a special young lady. You mean so much and you touch so many lives. Always remember that! I personally already knew it but just reading over your comments...it amazes me how you inspire and encourage so many people that have never even met you in person. You have a gift. Just seeing your beautiful smile always warms my heart. Jennifer always keep smiling.
I love you
Sharon

Nicole said...

Well we all know about slowing down now don't we...I think sometimes that is why I get so many migraines...doing way too much and never resting!! I pray that it all turns out positively...keep praying and it will!!!

Had a great time Friday night...I sent you the pictures I took. Sorry we had to miss Showtime today...by the time I finally got rid of this stupid migraine, you can imagine what my house looked like after doing no laundry and no cleaning for 8 days!!! I am almost finished though.

See you tomorrow night!!

Anonymous said...

hey Jennifer
I have been missing your smiling face and your great blogging.
Jayme is right. I believe that when we start getting toooooooo busy the Lord lets us know that it is time to slow down. We need to look at what we are doing and try to find time to sit back and enjoy what the Lord has given us. In other words take time to smell the roses. That is what my Mom would say.
Our prayers are with you.
Love Dena

Anonymous said...

Jennifer
I love you very much and I'm praying for your healing.
I do miss your daily blogging. You have such a sweet spirit. I enjoy reading about your world and I love reading your upbeat thoughts. You always make me smile even on the days I don't have it in me.
I won't be selfish though, you continue to enjoy your Summer. Just don't forget to tell your blog addicts all about it.
I love you
-ann

Rachel said...

Just popping by to say hello and I hope you had a great weekend!
Praying for you my sweet blogger friend.
Lots of hugs!

Nicole said...

Alright SLACKER...this once a week blogging isn't cool! ;)

bearhugs62 said...

You know you will stay in my prayers. Always. You know we are family now. We have a connection with Ron. Wow, That is so weird to know we were so close to meeting and never did. Ron has been like a brother to me for longer then can remember. Maybe one day w can meet face to face.<:)>

Tam said...

Just had a moment and thought I would send you some well wishing! Take care and KEEP up that BRILLIANT SMILE!