Thursday, June 5, 2008

Have you ever been in a situation where you absolutely SHOULD NOT laugh and you did?? You just couldn't contain yourself??
I have done that soooo many times. It's no secret that I am NO challenge whatsoever to make laugh. It just comes natural to me! Once I get tickled about something.....it's all over. I will laugh my head off about something....regain my composure long enough to think about it again...and I'm back to square one.

Ok...back to the first question.

I have been in a several situations that I have completely lost it and it was so not appropriate.

For instance......
I was once at a funeral. Yes...a funeral. It was my friend's grandmother's funeral. We were all standing in the mausoleum and the pastor was praying. I had noticed this pesky little bee flying around everyone's heads and it had already made me giggle a little to myself. So during the prayer that bee decided to land on this lady's arm and she completely freaked out. She didn't make a sound she just shook and slapped at that bee.
I began to shake from laughter. I COULD NOT contain it any longer. I did hold it in until the prayer was over.....after that a few of my giggles escaped, along with some tears of laughter. Only the people around me thought I was overcome with sadness. They never knew.

The next time was during a church service.

I was sitting with Michael near the front of our church beside one of my friends. My stomach began to growl. Have you ever been in church...when it is so quite....and your stomach growls???
That's embarrassing enough....and can absolutely start some laughter.
Anyways....it was a really loud rumble. After the rumbling stopped......my friend looked at me and GROWLED. Yes...GROWLED at ME!! I started laughing silently......you know the kind that shakes the pew you are sitting in. I FINALLY regained my composure......only to start again every few minutes. All my friend had to do was look at me and I giggled. It was AWFUL! I made it through the service without being called down. Thank goodness!!!!!

Ok....here's YOUR question for the day....

Have you ever laughed when it was totally inappropriate to do so???

This should be good =-)

10 comments:

AshNAlMom said...

I am embarrassed to say I laugh when I should have compassion and sympathy for others. For instance, someone falling down and getting hurt (as long as it's not to serious).
At church someone started snoring and I could not contain my giggles. When someone sings that really shouldn't. I too have had the stomach grawl situation.
But I would have to say the most inappropriate time was during my vows at rehearsals for when Tommy and I got married. For me though I did get called down by the Pastor. He told me I needed to control myself and how serious a marriage is. . Luckily I did for the actual ceremony.

Stephanie said...

Unfortunately I do it quite often. There is a lady at work who is utterly ridiculous but tries to talk like she is important or knows it all. We were in a group about to have a lunch meeting yesterday when she is trying to answer a question I just asked someone else. And I lost it. I just busted out laughing, which of course made others laugh as well. I'm really not good at holding in my emotions. I cannot hide how I feel. Both a blessing and a curse I suppose :)

~cassie~ said...

I work at a call center...and there are times...when people say the strangest things....that I have lost it...and laughed out loud...at them...while on the phone.....more than on once occasion....=) I love to laugh...and usually can't pass up on any opportunity...hope you are having a good week...=)

Tanja said...

When I was a sophomore in high school, a very good guy friend of mine walked up to me in the hallways of school and asked me to a school dance. I laughed really hard because I thought he was joking, because he was like a brother. But he wasn't joking, and our friendship sort of fizzled after that. Now, I really wish I had known he was serious. He was cute, too. I was clueless though.

Jackie said...

Yes; I think this happens to everyone. And a lot of the times it is a nervous laugh. The worst is when you think you have settled the laugh, a few minutes (or even seconds) later you recall the situation and burst into laughter (and tears most times) again!

Pierce Family Happenings said...

My family has the "laugh when not appropriate" gene - like when people fall, get attacked by animals, etc. Our significant others just don't understand us! lol! :) Once, when I was visiting my brother and SIL, we were watching a "when wildlife goes bad" show. It was meant to be sad/informative...not funny. My SIL had to leave the room bc she got so upset at my brother and I for laughing so hard at the poor people being pummeled by deer and mauled by bears. We still crack up about it today! The best/worst part was when a circus elephant sat on his trainer's head! I am shaking with laughter just typing this out! What is wrong with me?? The trainer was OK BTW! OK, now that everyone who reads this thinks that I'm a monster...I will stop! :) Enjoy your day! ;)
Anne

Faith said...

During a performance in high school choir at school (xmas concert). I truly don't remember what set a couple of us off but we just shook with laughter while the guys were singing and it was just so difficult to get it together! plus the fact that we both had to go pee....not easy to contain...I don't think our music teacher suspected but I DO remember the accompanist glaring at us!

I'm sure there have been other times but I can't remember any recently or any that made a huge impact.

Nicole said...

Ok I too have done that in during a funeral...it was my own great-grandma's funeral and my friend Kara had went with me...we were driving back to high school when it was done. It happened when we were walking to the gravesite across the other graves and Kara was totally freaking out (she has a huge fear of dead people). For some reason the things she was saying...she is a very funny person...just made me lose it and once I did, she did too! My family wasn't too happy with us. :o(

Also in 8th grade I had to do this candle lighting thing with my friend in front of the church...I was so nervous about being up there and I couldn't get one of the candles lit so my nerves got the best of me...and laughter broke out...I just stood there in front of everyone with my head hung down and my shoulders shaking from me laughing. Of course I got her tickled and she had to finish what we were supposed to do.

I know...I am a complete mess in these type of situations!!! 8-)

mommy24treasures said...

I do laugh now and then at uncalled for times. Just this week going to Target and seeing all tne mom's that aren't used to having their kids with them but because Summer Break they do and they are yelling and have that crazed mommy look makes me laugh I know its terrible but when I see them I just laugh!;)

Tam said...

Good question! Yes I have laughed at awful times. In fact when my grandfather died and I went up to say few words about him...well I started to laugh at things I was thinking about him and at first everyone thought I was loosing it but then I started telling the stories and I told them he would want all of us laugh and not cry and I proceeded then to look at different people around the church and tell a funny story about them and my Grandfather and well the whole church started laughing and could not stop! I was laughing so hard that our Preacher wanted to know if I needed him to finish reading what I had wrote....but NO I was going to finish this with a smile and NO TEARS! It was not suppose to be the time but I feel that sometimes funerals are so sad when we should be celebrating THEIR LIVES not just this moment in time of death! So of course the family remembers me and my sense of humor and laughter at the weirdest times!