Well, yesterday didn't go exactly as I had planned.
I had this vision in my mind......when I went to camp to pick Jarrett up to come home.....I thought that he would come running out to me with his arms open wide and a huge smile on his face. Just so blissfully happy to see ME!!
Well let me tell ya.....THAT didn't happen.
I also heard many of the parents talk about how their kiddos called them every day and night to talk to them. Well...THAT didn't happen either.
My Jarrett didn't call ONCE!! Nope...not even ONCE!
I was at camp Monday and Tuesday evening to pick him up for baseball practice....so maybe I should give him the benefit of a doubt. He didn't really have time to miss us those days. Right??!!!! =-)
Ok..but the thing that put the icing on the cake for me is this.....yesterday when we arrived to pick him up. He politely said he didn't want to go home....and that he was sad that it was over.
I guess I SHOULD be happy that he had so much fun, but I really wanted him to tell me that he missed me AT LEAST. Well....that didn't happen either.
Oh well.....I guess my Jarrett is definitely growing up and getting ALOT more independent!! I'm not so sure Momma likes it!!! LOL!!!!
Blake surprised me TOO! You know how he was so sad when Jarrett got on the bus and when he watched it pulling out of the parking lot. The first couple of days I heard..."When is Bubby coming home???" and "Mommy, is it time for Bubby to come home yet??"
Well......he got over it!! ;-)
Today before we went to get "Bubby" I asked Blake if he was excited to see Bubby. He shook his head NO!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing!!!!
I think by the time yesterday rolled around the Blakester got used to all the attention.....and HE LIKED IT! =-)
However....things are back to normal now. Blake and Jarrett have already fussed on the way home....there's been some crying here and there....and Jarrett and Blake didn't want to brush their teeth before bed because they were SO TIRED!
Yep......things are just the way I remembered them....BEFORE C-A-M-P!!!
Well guys...this will be my last post for several days.
We are leaving soon to go to on our "MeltDown Beach Week" with our Youth.
Please remember all of us in your prayers as we travel down and back. We are praying that this will be a wonderful week of growth as a group and growing closer together in the Lord......and of course alot of FUN!!! Please pray for our safety also.
I have a MILLION things to get done today! My head is spinning just thinking about it all. I haven't even started packing yet. I have a TON of laundry to do....and wouldn't you just guess that my dryer decided to CONK out on me!!! Isn't THAT just GRRREAT!!!! I just keep telling myself...."Self, it'll be ALRIGHT!!"
On a final note.....I went for the MRI Wednesday on my leg and today I go back for further testing on my eyes......so I would think that by my next blog entry I will know what's going on with my ailments ;-) . Please remember me in your prayers.
Ok...here's a few camp pictures I took yesterday....
Here's Jarrett and some of his buddies......Alex, Ty, Jarrett and Ian
performing the songs they learned this week....
Not sure what these two were laughing about....
Jarrett, Noah and Ty
Jarrett made it through his first week of camp with flying colors!! We're happy to have him HOME!!! I think he's pretty happy to be home too....last night he finally told me so before he went to sleep =-).
Friday, June 20, 2008
Jarrett's Home Safe and Sound
Posted by
Jennifer
at
7:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















16 comments:
I hope you get all of your packing done...I have been there...and completely understand having to get all of those things done "under pressure"...
I hope you guys have an awesome week with the youth....I know you will simply because you are at the beach...but I also pray that God will be present, and he will touch people's lives while you guys are gone....I will also pray for your safety...
Cade loves his Webkins snake...I have some pics to post when I get a chance of Cade and Blake...with "the snake"...Thanks again...
Have a great week....We will miss you in "Blogland"
I'm sorry you didn't get the Jarrett coming home that you wanted. I'm sure he was just VERY tired.He didn't need to call because he has the comfort of knowing that you were coming to get him for practice. Allie on the other was not so secure. I will have the phone bill to prove it. I'm sure it was a girl thing.
Thanks for the pics of my girls.
Have a great trip, I will be praying for you
Love You
Have a great time and you know we all here in blogville will be sending out good thoughts and prayers for YOU GUYS! MOST of all have tons fun!
AH and little boys are so so funny aren't they! Ya know I always wanted that little girl but I have come to realize that all the little girls that I have kept and that are friends with my little guys are HIGH mainteance and well I am loving the INDEPENDENCE THAT my little guys have and YOUR little guys have it TOO! WE MOTHERS need to embrace that (eventhought it about kills me...it is so exciting and yet sad)! So you may not got the homecoming we as mothers expect but LOOK at a what a wonderfully INDEPENDENT and CONFIDENT young CHILD you are raising!!!
So the first thing I did after reading this post was to bring Davis in...have him look at the camp pictures and then I informed him that he was GOING next year, no buts about it...so he has a year to learn to put his contacts in and to get over his other "issue". :O) Mean mom, I know!
I totally relate to how you feel too...when my kids are away...granted they never are for very long...they never miss me. boo hoo
You are gonna have so much fun this week...be sure and take tons of pictures. I will do the same tomorrow...did you get something for me to take yet?? I still need to get something but it will be this evening before I can go look.
Have a safe and FUN trip!!
Oh and be sure and let me know what the doctor says and your eye...like I said before it probably isn't as serious as they made you think. :O)
I'll keep my comment short since you have so much to do! Just know that I will be praying for your knee, safety as you travel and for the youth and leaders that this will be a time of learning and growth. Be blessed!
That's great that Jarrett had such a good time at camp. A lot of kids really love it! I can see where you are coming from - that would make me a little sad too.
I hope you guys have a very blessed trip! We will miss you while you are away...
That is so awesome that he loved camp.
I was the very same way. I used to dread the last Sun. of church cmap...the day my parents would pick me up. I LOVED being on my own!
Have a great week at the beach!
Can you believe that here in NYS we are still in school???? 3 more half days. I cannot wait until next Thursday!!!!
I am sooo ready to do all the fun summer stuff.
Will be praying for you and all the youth.
Have fun at the beach I completely understand my kids never want to be home anymore :(
I absolutely am digging my heels in about the girls growing up! I want a time machine darnit!
I am glad the boys had so much fun, but I feel your pain!
I HOPE YOUR WEEKEND WAS GREAT AND I KNOW I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT IT!
hope you are having fun and I pray your eyes are healed!
OHHHH Camp looks fun!!!
My son went ONE year.. and has never wanted to go back... LOL LOL..
My daughter LOVED it and was bummed when she became to "old" to go!!
Have a GREAT trip!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!
HEY doing my daily stalk of your blog! Just sending out some BLOG love to you this morning!
Hi Jennifer,
Just checking in to see how your week went and to let you know I left a little something for you at my place today (Sat.) Feel free to pick it up later. I'll hold onto it for ya!
Just dropped in to say how’s life treating you? Hope you and yours are doing well? Look forward to seeing you post again. God Bless...
Post a Comment