Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm notorious for being a little late at times.
I try very hard NOT to be though.
My friends will ask me what time I will be somewhere, I give them a time, then they giggle and ask me if that's normal time OR Jennifer time.
That's pretty bad ain't it??!!!!
It's one of the things I would REALLY like to change about myself.
For some reason I always start out with plenty of time, then I get sidetracked doing something else because I THINK in my mind that I STILL have PLENTY of time and before I know it....it's almost time to BE where I'm going!! UGH!!!!

One thing that I DO always try to do is call the person and let them know I'm going to be a little late.
I may be a little late sometimes....but I'm all about manners and being respectful! So maybe that balances things out a little..You think?

Ok.....So here's YOUR question of the day....

Are you an EARLY BIRD or are you always PULLING IN ON TWO WHEELS???

15 comments:

AshNAlMom said...

Unless Tommy is home (he's the Early Bird) I am always late too. I have the same problem. I think "OK, I have two hours to be _____." Then I get on the computer and before I know it, I have less than a hour. Then I am running around like a chicken with out a head, yelling at my hair or at the girl's because they aren't ready yet! One time I got all ready first then got on the computer and Tommy was shocked when all three of us girl's came down the stairs without fighting and on time. I really need to take that route everyday.
Love You my 2 tire buddy

Jackie said...

For important things, I like to be early or ontime. Certain events it doesn't matter being 15-30 minutes late. However, my husband is infamous for being really late, everywhere! I suppose it is a latin thing (we are both from Cuban decent). What can we do! Everyone knows us already, and are used to it.

Tanja said...

On time. Every time. Early if the kids cooperate. But this comes from years of Bruce Boot Camp. He has literally turned a car around and taken us all back home because we were "too late" for something. Yeah, that went over really well. But I learned from it. Sometimes, though, being late just cannot be helped. Isn't it an unwritten law that preschoolers always need to poop right after you get them in their carseats to leave?

Stephanie said...

Typically I am an Early Bird. I always arrive either early or on time. Although I must say, as a mom, I usually am running a few minutes late. Nothing that warrants a "Stephanie Time" phrase though ;) So funny!

Faith said...

My hubby is the early or right on time person.
I tend to fly in....right at the last minute...unless one of the girls is performing in something..then I am early.
But..usually, I'm like you!
I'm getting better though as the girls get older!!

Anonymous said...

I am definately the early bird - if it is just me. However, I married someone who is RARELY on time. He is one that always has to do one more thing. Travis was so late while we were dating - that I seriously thought he would be late for our wedding. He wasn't thank goodness - but he continues to be late almost everywhere we go. You know what they say - opposites attract. He may be late - but I sure love him. Being late drives me crazy though - and I would rather not go places sometimes if we can't get there on time. I am really OCD about stuff like that.

Diana

Anonymous said...

always. always. always. late. even just a few minutes....no matter how much time i have, i always end up late. (my husband too). i am an early-bird at heart, but somewhere between my heart and my head, i lose a few minutes and end up late. ha.

bearhugs62 said...

I give you an award check out my s blog.

Unknown said...

On time I don't like to be too early but running late drives me crazy!

Tam said...

I am so so so so an Early BIRD! I am so freakish about it! I always arrive early for things and sit the car waiting and waiting! HEHEHE

Nicole said...

It sounded like you were writing about me! :o) I do the exact same thing...as soon as I get out of the shower, I check the computer for a few minutes (you know so I can get good and dry) and before I know it I have spent 30 minutes on it and am late. Then I run around stressing everyone out!

Ironically when I don't have Duffer with me (and especially when I don't have the kids) I am always on time...even early most times!!

Anonymous said...

Defiantly Early, or On-Time! I hate to be late...and one of my biggest fears is to be late for work on day shifts...I never sleep good @ night, because of this fear!!!!

Sonya said...

I am an early bird. Hubby, on the other hand, is a two-wheeler. It drives me made and we are always late! I hate it. Sometimes I even fudge what time we're supposed to be somewhere so that we can get there on time :-o)

mommy24treasures said...

I am an early bird. Its harder to be one with 4 kids but I still do it. I do feel overwhelmed if I have alot scheduled activities.
I am very routine... Nap time always has to be napt time etc...

angela said...

I like to be right on time........running late DRIVES ME NUTS. It stressee me out, and I am an anti-stress person. I run from stressful situations. I like my peace!!

me