Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our Weekend

If you like ALOT of pictures and ALOT of yaking...well THIS is the post for YOU!!

We went non stop this past weekend. This is no exaggeration!
Friday we swam with friends at Warrior's Path Park. Beautiful day...we all had lots of fun in the sun.

Jarrett went home from the pool with his buddy, Davis, to spend the night. Friday evening the Wallens invited us over to watch a movie. The Clymens stopped by too.....we did more talking than watching a movie though. Blake also ended up spending the night. We told Nicole and Duffer they were brave souls. They said they both did very good. Blake is just a big boy! This is his second sleep over in the past week.

One more thing....I also had an Opthamologist appointment on Friday. I woke up on Thursday morning with problems seeing. My eyes were irritated and everything looked foggy to me. I went thinking that I probably had pink eye. After my eye exam the doctor informed me that I have Iritis. I looked at him and said "WHAT???" (I have NEVER heard of that before....have you??) He said it was an inflammation of the iris. He gave me steroid eye drops that I have to take four times a day until Friday. Then I go back Friday for further testing.....my Opthamologist also made an appointment with my medical doctor for blood work after I finish up at his office. The opthamologist told me Iritis was a sign of rheumatoid arthritis. Isn't that just LOVELY!! I will find out more Friday. I feel like I am falling apart!!!! LOL!!! I'm trying not to worry about it....I'm giving it to the Lord.
On the BRIGHT side my leg is doing MUCH better.....my orthopedic doctor still insists that I go for a MRI on Wednesday morning to find out for sure what is going on with my leg. After I get the results back from that.....I HOPE to get back in the groove again. Please remember both of these situations in your prayers. I know it is prayers that helped my leg....I can feel the Lord working. Our God is GOOD!!

So anyway...Saturday morning Jarrett had another baseball tournament @ 11:00. Davis wanted to go and watch Jarrett play again (he was a good luck charm last time)...so Nicole brought them home along with Davis early Saturday morning. Mamaw NaNa and Papaw Dan also came to watch his game.
Ok....I THOUGHT the last game was a nail biter. That one was NOTHING in comparison to THIS game!! I only took a couple of pictures.....I forgot to take pictures because the game was so intense! The team we played was second in the league and we were first. Most of the game it was neck and neck. In the end we WON!!!! The final score was 13-12.
We finished the season #1 in the league!!! YIPEEEEE!

Jarrett had his end of the season party @ 4:00. Michael had to take him because I was taking the Blakester to the second birthday party of the day. Blake had been partying all day long! So when Jarrett got home he COULD NOT WAIT to tell me that he made the Allstar Team while flashing that million dollar smile of his. Practice for that is scheduled for 4 days this week. Then the games begin on July 5th....ending around the 15th. So baseball for us isn't over yet. YEAH!! I love watching Jarrett play!!!

Saturday evening we went to Bristol Motor Speedway to see "Monster Truck Madness". To say the kids were excited would be a definite understatement. It was raining when we first got there....but after a while it cleared up. It turned out to be cloudy...and not so hot. Just perfect.
Michael scored us all some tickets again.....so we got together with the same crew and had a great time! We didn't get home until late Saturday night. We were SO TIRED! The boys were worn completely out.

Sunday we went to church....the sermon really pulled at my heartstrings....it was a Father's Day sermon. Those are always tough for me to sit through. I'm so glad that I miss my sweet Daddy so much because I love him so much. I would much rather my heart hurt....than to have had a terrible relationship with my Daddy and not miss him at all. I was and am so blessed to have such a Godly man as my Daddy.

After the church service we came home and the boys gave Michael his card and gifts. He was wearing one of them....his shirt. The boys also picked out some swimming trunks for Michael. We also ordered a picture of Jarrett, Blake and I that was taken on Mother's Day......with "Happy Father's Day....We Love You" written on it. I ordered it and it hasn't came in yet. I thought that would be just perfect to sit on his desk at work.
I am sooooo incredibly blessed to have a husband like I do. He loves his family so much. He is such a wonderful Daddy to our boys. I know I take him for granted sometimes.....I need to tell him more often that I think he is ONE IN A MILLION!!!

After doing a little celebrating we were off to Virginia....to spend time with our parents. We went to my Mom's first to spend time with her and then we all went to Daddy's graveside. I had picked out the most beautiful Iris bouquet. That was one of his favorite flowers and every time I see or smell an iris it reminds me so much of my Daddy. So I thought those would be just perfect. Daddy's grave was covered with beautiful flowers that my Mom, my brothers and other family members have decorated it with. We all miss him so much.

After we left Mom's we went to Nancy and Danny's to spend time with them. She cooked another WONDERFUL Sunday dinner for us.....as always!
I was so glad that we could go and spend some time with our families on Father's Day. We LOVE spending time with them......it's always sad when we leave to come home.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I also hope you enjoyed spending time with those special Dad's.....making their day wonderful for them.

Yesterday was also Jarrett's first day of our Church's children overnight camp. This is ALSO the first year he has been old enough to attend. He was really looking forward to it. We were up and at 'em yesterday morning bright and early. We had him all packed and ready to go in no time. We had to be at our church by 8:00 sharp....I actually got there about 15 minutes early. This is rare for me....normally no matter how hard I try I'm usually a few minutes late. I had to go and pick him up yesterday from camp @ 5:30 because he had Allstar practice this afternoon. Michael took him back to camp after his practice. He didn't want to leave camp to go to baseball.....so I know he's having big fun!! That makes me happy. I didn't even tear up yesterday morning when he got on the bus......just because I knew how excited he was. He just hopped on that bus and said "Bye Mom!!". I got on the bus and took some pictures......yes, I'm one of THOSE Moms!! LOL!!!! After I took some pictures he came up front and gave me a big hug. I'm glad Jarrett's not to the dreaded age of being too embarrassed to hug Mom and Dad in front of his friends.

It's been nice to spend time with the Blakester. We had alot of fun yesterday. I let him choose what he would like to do....and he wanted to go see his buddy Mason. So...we spent the majority of our day at his friend Mason's house. We just hung out with Tracie, Mason and Sydnee on a beautiful day.

Once again.....a busy weekend and now starting another busy, but fun, week.
We leave for the Beach in a few days with the youth. We are all praying that this will be not only alot of fun.....but, also alot of growth in the Lord and also growing closer as a group. That's the plan!!
I hope you guys have a great week!!

Here's our weekend in pictures......Rylee, Davis and Blake watching Jarrett play some baseball on Saturday morning.... Rylee the cutie-pie!Jarrett proudly showing his trophies from his championship game! Woo-Hoo!!!Here's Jarrett in the stands at BMS for the Monster Truck Madness......Jarrett ready to see some action.... Me and my little man =-)Davis and JarrettMasonBlake with one of his many silly faces.....and his buddy Jett Jamey....."Nachos anyone??" Good luck getting any from him!! LOL!!! Allie and Blake... Tracie and Sydnee...Who's behind that camera???? Nicole =-)Adorable little Sydnee
Rylee the cutie-pieThe Clymens family....Tommy also sporting a silly face....Duffer.....Saturday was the night for silly faces...LOL!!Rylee and I...we have bonded. Sydnee and Rylee both sat with me during most of the show. I enjoyed every second with those sweet little girls. It rained a little when we first got to the track....then it cleared up and we saw this beautiful rainbow.Jamey and Michael My man =-) A little car crushing monster truck madness!!!!! We also saw the FMX freestyle motocross team....performing several stunts. The boys thought that was AWESOME too!!!
We all had a GREAT time. The kids LOVED it.

Now on to Father's Day......Jarrett and Blake couldn't wait to give Daddy his gifts. He was already wearing one of them....the shirt...Jarrett and Blake love Daddy so much! There's nobody like Daddy in their eyes!!
Me and the best Daddy in the world! I'm so proud of him for the man he is!! All three of our kiddos. Doesn't Daisy look thrilled to be in the picture??!! LOL!!! My Daddy's gravesite. He always has lots of beautiful flowers that several family members leave. Daddy always loved flowers. Jarrett and Blake putting our bouquet of Iris. Mom helping them. The thing that hurts me the worst is the fact that Daddy never got to enjoy the Blakester. Daddy loved Jarrett so much......he would have loved our mischevious little Blake just as much. Daddy passed away when Blake was 15 months old. So Daddy didn't get to enjoy his little personality just yet.Then it was off to Danny and Nancy's house. I had to put this picture on here. This is one of the things that Blake loves to do when he goes to Mamaw Na Na and Papaw Dan's house. He loves to ride his cousin Brooke's PINK Barbie Jeep. He cracks us up riding around in it. Here's a picture of him with one of his silly faces. Silly....Silly.....boy!!! =-)Jarrett always hops on this bicycle that we brought from home about three years ago so he could ride it at Mamaw's and Papaw's. He's outgrown it just a little bit! Jarrett is getting so big. It doesn't bother him that it's a little too small....he still rides it. It's funny to me that at each grandparent's house the boys have special things they like to do. I just shared two of the things they like to do at Mamaw NaNa's and Papaw Dan's. At my Mom's it's eating marshmallows and drinking chocolate milk.Michael and his Dad. Papaw Dan with Jarrett and Blake. Oh...how these boys love their Papaw Dan.Aunt Brenda and Mamaw Na Na. Brenda came over for a little while. We love to spend time with her.Last but certainly not least......Here's Jarrett packed and ready to go to camp on Monday morning. loaded on the bus and getting ready to head to camp! Just look at the excitement on his face =-)Jarrett and his friend Lane
Being silly. I think he looks so cute with his little hat turned to the side.Blake watching "Bubby" ride off into the sunset. Blake was sad....he misses his Bubby. I have several little fun things planned for us this week while Jarrett is gone. He will be just fine ;-).

SHEEEEW!!! Ok...I'm finished. I hope you stayed with me until the end. Gheee-Whiz...I think this is the longest post I have EVER written. I was seriously long winded TODAY!!! Have a great Tuesday!!

10 comments:

Tam said...

OOOO MY goodness what a full weekend you guys HAD! Where do you get your energy for boys? I need to know the secret!

O I was reading a blog this morning and YOU got an award! So congrats....over at Little bit o sugar and whole lot of spice! Congrats because girl you deserve all the awards you get with all you do over a weekends time and then you are still able to BLOG about it!

Hope you are so having a great week!

Faith said...

Yes I read the entire post!
Sounds like a special weekend...yeah to your boys and their baseball triumphs!!

While you were watching monster trucks I was watching my baby dance ballet! I have some pics posted with more to follow

Enjoy your week with your little one!
Only 2 more full days of school for us and then just 4 half days....yippie!!

Stephanie said...

Whew! I read every. single. word. Not sure where to begin! You guys are super busy! I have no idea how you do it all. Do you sleep ever? :) Those are great pictures - Jarrett is TAN! Hope you enjoy the beach - I hope to make it out sometime next month.

Check out my blog when you get a chance - got something for you! :)

Unknown said...

You're not going to believe this, but my mom has also had Iritis before a few times! She's had it at least twice (maybe more - I can't remember). I had never heard it was a sign of RA!
Sounds like you all are having a busy and fun summer.
Tian and I have been spending time at Kings Island (we got season tickets - they have a waterpark that is wonderful!!
Miss and love you guys!!
Lisa

Unknown said...

Wow what a weekend weird I was at the ear doctor yesterday I have a stye it awful! I loved all the pictures!

Nicole said...

It is exhausting having these crazy busy weekends, isn't it?? I finally got my blog post done from Saturday night.

Your pictures are very good!! We had a great time again!

I am glad you had a good Father's Day...even though I can only imagine how hard it is for you. I am not that close to my dad but it will still kill me when he is not here with us.

I hope Jarrett is having a wonderful time at camp...next year I am really going to have to convince Davis to go somehow! Have a great day!

Tam said...

HOPE you are out having lots of SUMMER FUN today! OK this was my Daily stalk of YOU! I so stalk your blog! Anyway your GA Blog Buddy sending out Smiles and HUGS today!

~cassie~ said...

Looks like you had a great weekend....Loved your Father's Day pictures....they were beautiful....

Denise C said...

WOW! You have been one busy girl! First of all let me tell you that I will certainly be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers sweet friend! I pray all the tests, MRI....etc come back with positive results and that you feel God's strength and peace in a very real way!

The pics from camp are precious...the Father's day pics are so beautiful....and I just sat here and cried when I saw you at your daddy's grave. Bless your kind heart. I can see how much you love your daddy...and I feel it when I read your words about him!

Hope your youth trip was fabulous and lots of young people grew their faith during this inspiring trip! As a youth myself...I ALWAYS looked so forward to our annual youth trip tot he beach each year! IT was such an amazing week....I'll treasure those memories forever!

Have a wonderful week.....and keep me posted on your health issues. I'll be standing in the gap for you!

Sweet Blessings,
Denise

angela said...

Wow......the photos of your dad's grave made me cry. I know that is hard for you, sorry. But he is in Heaven and is with you all the time. You have great memories of him Jennifer. He loved you So much and I know he loved me too.

I love you!! me

**I miss you and I wish we lived closer to share in your each other's lives.