Friday evening was Blake's last T-Ball game =-( . I can not believe T-Ball is already over!! We have enjoyed his first season of T-Ball so much. He loved it and we all loved watching him. Michael thoroughly enjoyed coaching the team too. Blake learned alot. He had a couple of his friends on his team this year, Eli and Mason, next year they won't get to play in the CHAC league because they don't live in Colonial Heights. So, that makes it even sadder. They all enjoyed playing together so much. Here's a few pictures.....
Here's Blake sliding into home plate! He did this every time. Then he would run over to me and and show me the back of his baseball pants. He thought it was very cool.
This is classic Blake right here. That little look.
Michael with the players in a huddle giving his last post game speech.
and the last 1-2-3...GO METS!!!!!! Look on the far right side of the picture at Blake.
Here we are....with our little T-Ball guy after his game.
After the game we were off to the Drag races......we had to hurry! Blake's game wasn't over until 7:00 and the drag races started at 7:30. We were going to be a little late. The Clymens family and the Wallen family went a little early to save us seats.....so it worked out great. The McKay's were with us.....and we actually got there pretty close to making it on time. All of the kiddos were so excited......and most of the adults were too! I still wasn't so sure if I was going to like it or not. I was pleasantly surprised! It was alot of fun!!. Here's a few pictures....
Here's a picture of the Bristol Motor Speedway for you Nascar fans that aren't local blog readers.
and the Bristol Dragway......
Here's some excited boys.......Davis, Jarrett and Jarrett's friend, Spencer.
It was LOUD!!!! They all had earplugs in, but they still had to cover their ears....
Here's me with my girls.......Sydnee and Allie. 
These were Jet Train Dragsters. The blue one is the one that Jarrett and Blake got to see up close....The Chattanooga Choo-Choo. These things were very fast and loud.
Michael and Sydnee. How sweet is that! That little girl has us all wrapped around her little pinky!! =-)
Mason loved it!
Here's the boys being silly......I thought this picture was so cute. Look in the middle at Spencer in the background smiling at me....like.....Man, those boys are CRAZY!
Here's a picture of the drag chics......this is take one....
take two......
the keeper.......we finally got it. Top to bottom....Nicole, Jayme, Ashley, Sydnee, Tracie, Me, and Allie
Duffer
Sydnee and Jarrett...
Ok, these are the Nitro Funny Cars. These things were incredible!!!!! They were the LOUDEST and FASTEST things I have ever seen in my life! They went 310 miles per hour!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!! It was CRAZY!!! Of course....they were by far my favorites. ;-)
I snapped this picture when they took off. It's so blurry because it scared me half to death! I think I shook all over!! I've never heard anything so LOUD!
Then came the fireworks....they put on a good show.
Next came the Monster Trucks. This was Prowler. The boys LOVED these!!!

This picture of Jarrett says it all....
Ok, this guy was a true dare devil. This is "Benny the Bomb". Benny climbs into this car and the car gets blown up with him still in it. CAN YOU SAY CRAZY????
BOOM!!! Benny climbed out without a scratch!
Now for the part that Jarrett and Blake couldn't wait to see. The 30 foot tall, 25 ton, metal munching, fire-breathing, mechanical Megasaurus!
Pretty cool huh?! That thing completely ripped that car apart. The boys loved it.
Then came Saturday and Blake's end of season T-Ball party. It was at 11:00 that morning. We had pizza and cake. Nice breakfast huh?? We had the party at Eastman Cabins, all the kids had a blast! The shelter we had was right beside a little creek and the kids were all in it. Michael gave out all the trophies...it was so sweet. For most of them this was their very first sports trophy. After that we were off to Jarrett's baseball game, it started at 12:30. Again we had to rush...rush...rush. Here's a few pictures of Blake's party.
This is my friend Sarah cutting the cake for the kids....her son Eli played on our team this year.
Michael giving Blake's buddy, Mason, his trophy......
and Blake his......Blake was being a little shy.....which is VERY unusual..
and sweet little Eli his trophy....
Here's the 3 of them playing in the creek together.....
Blake, Mason, Jarrett and Davis catching some crawdads....
After the party we were off to Jarrett's game. Ok...this little man had his best game EVER on Saturday. It must have been all the cake he ate at the party!!!!!! He hit 2 HOMERUNS and a triple, ran a player down and tagged him out before he went across home plate, threw a runner out on 1st.......it was great! Mamaw Na Na and Papaw Dan got to come and see it too. We were cheering like crazy!! Here's some pictures....
Jarrett's buddies.......Jacob and Tanner
I snapped this picture right after he had scored his 2nd homerun and he was getting ready to go back out on the field. There's that MILLION DOLLAR SMILE!!!
Here's some of Jarrett's biggest fans.....Papaw Dan, Mamaw Na Na and Jarrett
and the four of us....
and The Clymens Family......
Ashley and Allie......
After the game Nancy and Danny spent the day with us. We came home and ate then we headed to downtown Kingsport to Paul Bellamy furniture. Nancy said my unsolicited commerical on my blog the other day made her want to go look at their furniture. After we finished up at the furniture store we walked down to Discovery Ice Cream. That's our new favorite place!! We all had a rerun of the other day...when I went with Jarrett and Blake. Danny said he had to try some of the peanut butter cup/double chocolate fudge ice cream....and he did....and he loved it! Michael tried some called cake batter.....he loved that too. I don't think you can go wrong with any flavor there!
Sunday we enjoyed a wonderful service at church.
After church I was supposed to run my race.....it didn't happen =-( . My knee was acting up again...and I thought I better not push it. I was bummed!! We have another race this Saturday in Elizabethton.....so I'm hoping I can make that one. I ran this morning for 3 miles and my knee isn't bothering me.....so maybe I'm on the mend for good. YEAH!
This morning started the beginning of Sullivan South Basketball Camp for Jarrett. He has it for 3 days.
We also have library programs tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday, along with Vacation Bible School every evening this week. VBS started last night. I am working with the 3 year olds this year and it's NEVER a dull moment ;-). I always enjoy VBS. I'm also always pretty glad to see it come to an end too.....it makes for a very hectic week, but at the same time it's such a blessing!!
I hope your Monday is going well. We have mostly sunny skies here and we are getting ready to go enjoy it! =-)
Just went to the mailbox and we got these in the mail. We had a new directory made for our church and these are our new pictures.


Monday, June 2, 2008
Our Weekend
Posted by
Jennifer
at
12:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















18 comments:
That is a great family picture! You have a beautiful family!! Looks like you guys had a major sports weekend :) Glad the weather was good for you guys. Looks like a blast!!
YES a GREAT FAMILY PIC! Wow DRAG RACING! What a great weekend you guys HAD!
What a FUN weekend!! Can I come and live with you???!!! LOL!! LOL!!!
Those drag races look awesome. My boys would have loved every second of that! Great pictures! Looks like you and all your friends had a great time together. It shows in the pictures!
What an awesome game Jarret had! 2 homeruns in one game! WOW!! He DOES have a million dollar smile! He is so handsome!!
Gheeeez girl! That family picture looks like it came staight out of a magazine! Seriously!!! What a beautiful family...beautiful!!
Sorry about your race on Sunday. I know you were upset. Hopefully you can catch the next race on Saturday. How great that you are still sticking with it and are already back up to 3 miles. I would have probably just given up. Way to go!
Thanks for sharing your weekend with us.
Much blog love to you!
Great family shots and man did you guys have a busy weekend or what???? I think I need to try that "cake batter" ice cream...sounds DIVINE! As for running, nurse that knee until you feel it is 100%...I know from experience that you if you get back out there too fast, it will take longer to recover! I'm a runner myself (just ran 4 this morning) and love, love, love it! I've run 2 half marathons and plan to run a full marathon in a year or so (I may have already told you all of this!)
It sounds like you had a busy but great weekend. What a great family picture!
You have the most handsome boys! I am sure that the drags is something they will remember always!
That's a terrific Picture...Everyone has had such terrific photo's!!!! That church is full of such BEAUTIFUL people!!!
Your pix are great! I have mine edited but just haven't had an hour an a half to spare to do my blog post!! We all had a great time at the drags...the kids are still talking about it. Thank you so much for inviting us!!
Your church picture looks awesome...I am going to be the only one who doesn't get mine I see. :o( That's what I get for being a W!
Have a great day!!
Tell Michael, he and Macey have the same taste...Cake Batter is her fav...=) Your family picture looks great....Glad you guys had such a great weekend...Love the "screaming" pic of Jarrett...Hilarious....=)
WOW what a fun weekend. Looks like everyone had a great time. Sweet Pea's 1st t-ball game of the year was to be today but it is raining so they called it. This is my kids last week of school so then they can start there summer fun.
I loved all your family pitchers they are great
phew what a weekend!
Sorry you couldn't run your race.
You are a great boy mom;)
I am sure they love how you enjoy doing all of this stuff with them!
I have to comment like everyone elsethat wow the family pic is gorgeous!
Hey Jenn
What a fantastic weekend. Those boys will never forget all the cool stuff they saw at the race.
That's awesome that Jarrett got 2 homeruns!!! He is such an athlete.
Your family picture is gorgeous! The one of Jarrett and Blake together is so sweet.
I liked what the last comment said....you are a great boy Mom. You really are! You make it a point to enjoy those boys...doing the stuff that THEY enjoy....and Mommy is just along for the ride!!
Love you and miss you!!
M
The picture of Jarretts million dollar smile brought tears to my eyes.
Great pictures of the races. It looked like you and your friends had a lot of fun.
The family picture is lovely. What a beautiful family you have.
I love you Jennifer
-ann
I am still praying for your leg too.
love
-ann
WOW! What can I say...UBER AWESOME! Your family is sooooo photogenic. I have YET to see a bad pic of you all. BEAUTIFUL! I loooved hearing about each and every aspect of your weekend! HOW COOL!!!
What an awesome crazy busy weekend that looked like so much fun!! All of your pictures from the weekend were awesome-helps when you've got such a beautiful family! :) Love the church pics too!
ahhhhhhhhhh these are stunning photos.. I LOVE THEM!!
Hey Jennifer........send me some photos. If you have a 5x7 of the four of you that would be great. Then I can have an updated photo of my favorite cousin on my photo table!!! Otherwise girlfriend----the old photo from like 3 years ago is what is displayed for ALL my friends. Do you want to be up-to-date??
Love you......oh BTW---your photos are GREAT!!
me :-)
Post a Comment