Monday, October 15, 2007

Good Ole' Country Cookin

I love to cook. It's one of my favorite things to do. Which is a good thing because I have three big boys that love to eat!!! Today I cooked my first big pot of soup which means it's officially Fall at the Foxes =). Michael LOVES my Chili Soup......Jarrett and Blake....not so much =(.
We had Chili Soup, Cornbread and some Pumpkin Pie (that Jarrett specifically requested)
Anyway....there's a moral to this story.....just bear with me....I thought I would share this recipe with you. It's just simply delicious!! Yum-Yum!! Here ya go....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Chili Soup
Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger meat
diced onion-as much as you like
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans mixed vegetables
5 or 6 potatoes cup up in chunks
1 can chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper
1 pack of chili mix
Directions:
-Brown hamburger and onions together in a skillet
-Boil potatoes and then add all other ingredients
-Simmer for about 1 hour
**It's always better the next day...
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!
Happy Fall Ya'll =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanx for the recipe! We tried it and loved it!!
-Ann