Sunday, October 7, 2007

Jarrett's first fishing tournament with Daddy

Yesterday morning Jarrett got to go with Michael on their first fishing tournament together, it was at Boone Lake. They got up at 5:00 in the morning to head out. Jarrett was soooooo excited!! Michael and Jarrett go bank fishing alot and out on the boat. But, this is the first time for a tournament. Michael said he did so good. Jarrett is good at everything he does. He just amazes me!
Michael said the fishing was pretty slow. He said that Jarrett just hung right in there and never complained the first time. They fished for 6 1/2 hours!!!! That sounds C-R-A-Z-Y to me......I just don't have the patience to sit for that long, waiting to catch a fish. Fishing just ain't my cup of tea. I haven't even been out on our boat and we have had for 3 years now!! I'm probably going to have to go sometime though.........just so I can fit into my all boy world =) .

They didn't place in the tournament this time.....but, they had a great time together =). I'm sure they will go to many more tournaments. Michael even said he would half the prize $$ with him when they do win a tournament together! That really made Jarrett smile =)

Blake had to hop in the boat with "Bubby" and "Daddy" when we went to meet them to go to Jarrett's football game. He can't wait until he is big enough to go fishing on the boat too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael is such a wonderful father. A father-son bond can never be broken. You have an exceptional family. You both should be very proud.
Melinda