We have been working hard with the boys, this past month, on their etiquette and being "gentlemen". They have the excuse me, thank you, and pleases down to an art. But the etiquette part we are still working on.....for instance.......placing the napkin in their laps when we are at dinner, no elbows on the table, opening and holding the doors for people, and so on. Jarrett does very well with his manners/etiquette...except the holding doors, still working on that one. Blake is doing pretty well too....he makes sure to correct anyone at the dinner table if the elbows are on the table!!
With all that said....let's get real here people!! Boys will be boys....but, we are trying to instill something they can use now and ALOT more later. I guess from my point of view, being a wife/mother....I am hopefully molding my boys to be good respectful husbands for the daughter-in-laws I am ALREADY praying for =).
So yesterday....Blake and I went to the dreaded money pit Wal-mart to get some groceries.....Blake had to make a pit stop at the bathroom before we began to shop. Blake opened the door to the bathroom for me and held it open as I walked threw, as a sweet older lady watched. I could tell she was impressed. She began saying..."What a perfect gentleman you are!" Blake's face just lit up! He said..."Yep, I am a gentleman....I'm four!" (holding up his four fingers..just to make sure she understood =). Let me tell ya....I was a proud Momma.
We left the bathroom and I was just thinking.....What a good little boy I have, so well mannered....we passed a little boy along the way that wasn't being so nice. Blake said...."Oh...he is going to be in BIG trouble!!" I said...yes, he is going to be in BIG trouble. Thinking to myself....My little angel wouldn't act that way....as I looked at him and smiled =). Then.........we turned the corner and entered the Toy Dept. I unexpectedly had the cloud ripped out from under me that I was floating on....and Momma was brought back to reality =). Ok, I will spare you the details......but, it went downhill slightly from there...ha..ha.
Like I said......Boys will be Boys.....and we are still in the construction process of our little Gentlemen.
This prayer/poem is in Jarrett's Baby Book. I thought I would include it with this post. I have always loved it.....
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Little Gentlemen....in the making
The Parent's Prayer
Dear God,
Thank you for my little one,
I know we will have lots of fun.
Help me to be firm and wise
and see things through my child's eyes
Give me courage and patience too
so I'll know the right things to do.
Please show me what I need to know
so I can help my child grow.
Thank you for this life you've shared
trusting me to take great care.
Help me please to always see
the blessing you have given to me.
-author
Christine Michaels
Posted by
Jennifer
at
6:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















3 comments:
Hey Jenn
I love all your stories. They just make my day. Keep them coming!
Love you,
Melinda
You really should write a book. You're an exceptional storyteller. I love all your cute stories about your precious family. I'm glad you are still blog addicted!! Take care and you guys have a fun Halloween. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of Jarret and Blake.
-Ann
funny story. keep them coming.
love ya girl!
Karen (your blog stalker) muwaaah!!
Post a Comment