Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Play

Sunday morning, Michael and Jarrett went to church while Blake and I stayed home. Blake still wasn't feeling well. We had our Christmas play that evening and I was trying to give him as much time as possible to rest and feel better.
When Michael and Jarrett came home from church they had stopped and gotten Blake a Get-Well card and some gum. Blake LOVED it. It made him feel so much better. I thought that was so sweet!! Here's Jarrett and Blake holding his card

Then that evening Mamaw Na Na and Papaw Dan was coming over to see the play. Mamaw NaNa had already decided she would stay home with Blake so we could go to the play. But, when they got to our house...Blake was feeling better and no longer had a fever. So we all got to go. My Brother, his son and my Mom got to come too. The play went great! All the kids were WONDERFUL! and they all looked soooo cute!!!! Here's Blake's preschool Choir...they are called "The Little Treble Makers" they were too cute! Blake didn't get up there and sing with them. He didn't want to....since he hadn't felt good I didn't push it. Even though I really wanted him to get up there and sing.
Here's the childrens choir...."The Joyful Noises"....singing during the play. Which was titled "The Mystery of the Manger, It's the Gospel Truth". Jarrett is in the top row in the light green sweater. He looked so cute! Robin asked him to be a character in the play, but Jarrett didn't want to. I would have loved to see him do it...because I know he would have done a great job....but I would never put any pressure on him to do something he didn't want to do.
and....here we are...."The Cleaning Crew". We were the slightly out there cleaning crew that worked at the church in the play, and wanted to make sure everyone knew what the TRUE meaning of Christmas was. The play was about a local newspaper reporter named "Jane Blonde" that was doing a front page story on The Gospel Truth. She only wanted the facts about the gospel truth and that's what we all were telling her about. At the end of the play she understood that the gospel truth was Jesus Christ.

In the above picture, from left to right......Colin (Mr. Evans)....Amy (Ethel)...Me (Bernice) and Michael (Bernie). Too funny!!!! It was really alot of fun and I'm so glad we did it. All the kids thought we were hilarious. Everyone else just thought we were being our crazy selves!!! ha..ha..ha...
After the play we went out and got some late night dinner. Then we came home and watched the video.....and laughed at ourselves.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenn
Cleaning crew???????
Hilarious!!!!!!!!
Love the getups too!
Wish I could've been there in person!!!