Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Making Cookies For Santa

On Christmas Eve morning we made cookies for Santa. Jarrett and Blake both love making stuff in the kitchen. This year I let Jarrett do most of the work. He read the recipe and did most of it himself...with Blake as his assistant, of course. They always have alot of fun doing this. Yes...this is another tradition. My Mom and Dad raised me this way....my family always had alot of traditions growing up. It created alot of memories that I can enjoy today.....and I hope that Jarrett and Blake can do the same when they get older too....and hopefully carry them onto our grandchildren. I'm really thinking ahead!!!

My little Chefs starting off with.....pouring some butter into our mixing bowl.... Cracking some eggs..... See the smile on Jarrett's face....he just cracked his first egg and opened it himself. Great Job Jarrett....this isn't easy for little hands to do!!
Blake isn't smiling because he wanted to crack one too..... and he did.....with MY help =-) adding the vanilla flavoring.... and some flour...... Then we mixed it all together.....kneaded it.....and Jarrett rolled it out flat so we could cut out some shapes.... They looked through my cookie cutters and chose to make gingerbread men, Christmas trees, and snowmen....Daddy helped too =-)

Here's a few of the finished product....without the icing. We made our icing and they wanted to color it green....so we did. They were DELICIOUS!!!!!!
I bet Santa will like them too ;-)


Photobucket

No comments: