Thursday evening we had our first Upward Basketball practice. Michael and I are coaching Jarrett's team for the 3rd year in a row. We seem to have another good group of boys again this year.
Upward is a unique basketball league. Each player on the team gets equal playing time and they get rewards each week pointing out their best qualities...which is a huge confidence builder. In this league we also, along with teaching them the basketball skills they need, we also do devotions with them every week. Michael is the head coach and I am the assistant. I do the book work and I do most of the devotions each week. We also go through the plan of salvation with the boys near the end of the season. The biggest payoff that Michael and I get as coaches is to lead one of those boys to Christ. We have gotten to experience that 3 times since we began coaching. It is AWESOME!
Upward is such a blessing to our church and I'm so glad that we can offer it to our congregation and also to the community. It is such a great way to reach children/parents that don't currently attend a church or maybe they haven't accepted Christ as their Savior.
One of the boys from our team last year...accepted Christ, then his father has also accepted Christ as his Savior and now they are all members of our church!!
God is Good!!!! I love to look back on things and see his handywork in all of it!!!
Monday, December 10, 2007
Upward Basketball
Posted by
Jennifer
at
2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment