Michael called me Friday afternoon and told me that he had arranged for Jarrett and Blake (and Daisy too =-) ) to spend the weekend with his Mom and Dad. He said that we were going out to dinner Friday evening and on Saturday he had made reservations at a Bed and Breakfast...and that we would return home on Sunday evening. I was VERY surprised! I assumed that we would just go out for a nice dinner on Saturday...He definitely pulled one over on me this year. Michael is a known penny-pincher and I thought there would be NO WAY that he would go out of town for our anniversary since we are leaving for Disney in less than 2 weeks! Like I said...I was surprised...and he was happy that I was.
We enjoyed Friday night out together at one of our favorite restaurants. It's always nice for just the two of us to have dinner together....talking, with no interruptions. Just enjoying each others company.
We slept in for a while on Saturday morning....then we packed and left for the bed and breakfast. Michael still hadn't told me where we were going. After a 3 1/2 hour long ride (Michael knows how much I love a good road trip).....we ended up in a little town near Blacksburg, VA. The town was called Woolwine, Va. The total population of the town was 1500. The place that we stayed was called The Dutchess Bed and Breakfast. It wasn't your typical Victorian style bed and breakfast....like I had pictured in my mind. It was more like a very large cabin and it was high on top of a mountain....the view was GORGEOUS!!
When we arrived the innkeepers were waiting to greet us. They were extremely nice. She showed us to our room and when I walked in this is what I found.....Michael had requested that she have roses and strawberries dipped in chocolate waiting for me. Now..Ain't that sweet!! =-)The strawberries didn't last long at all....they were delicious!
Here's the sneaky little devil himself...... =-)
Here's a few pictures of our room...

After we got settled in we went to a little cafe in town called the Rock Castle Cafe. We had a big juicy hamburger. Everyone in there was so nice. It was such a simple little town up and away from everything. It was so relaxing.
The the next morning we woke up and got ready for breakfast. We had a wonderful breakfast waiting on us in the dining room that consisted of fresh fruit, waffles, sausage, and eggs. Yum!
This view was right outside our bedroom window.....
After we walked around the grounds....we packed up and decided to drive around and see some of the history of the town....
Michael took this one of me at "Lovers Leap". It was on the Blue Ridge Parkway....the view was out of this world!
This was also along the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is Mabry Mill. Isn't it beautiful!
The ducks had to be FREEZING. Michael said no, that they weren't, but I still say yes. This duck looked like it was trying to walk on water.
This is the Bob White Covered Bridge. This was located in Woolwine. It's one of only 5 covered bridges in VA. It reminded me of the movie "The Bridges of Madison County"
We also stopped by a local candy store, it was Nancy's Candy Company. Oh....the temptation!!!! and YES...I gave in to the pressure!! LOL! It was sooooooo worth it!!!

I loved this pillow. ha..ha..ha... Isn't it a vegetable???!!!!!!
This was one of the stores we stopped at in town. We stopped at several little country stores/antique shops along the way.
I enjoyed my relaxing romantic Anniversary weekend so much. It was great to just get away with my sweet husband....and enjoy some quality time together, far away from the hustle and bustle of life.
Today was back to reality and I have been busy ALL day.
We have gotten the boys in bed and I am ready to enjoy our evening watching a movie together.
Good Night =-)
Monday, March 10, 2008
Our Anniversary Getaway
Posted by
Jennifer
at
9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















17 comments:
Oh I'm very jealous!
How sweet of your hubby to plan all of that for you.
I do believe that man most certainly loves his woman!!!!!!!
I loved all the wonderful pictures.
Thank you for sharing them.
You two make a beautiful couple!!
Sounds like you have a pretty sweet husband (much like mine). I'm glad you were able to get away and spend some quality time with him!
What a beautiful weekend enjoying the simple life together.
What a romantic husband Mike is.
I'm glad you two could get away together like that.
I've got to brag on his parents too for helping to make it happen! You have some great inlaws!
Love you
-ann
What a nice weekend that Micheal planned for you. How sweet and what a wonderful getaway. I am glad you had such a great time. He is really good at the anniversary stuff. You are really blessed. Have a great week.
Diana
How sweet! I am so glad you could have such a special weekend together!
Looks like you had a much deserved beautiful weekend together. You are so blessed. Michael will need to teach a class on the Secrets to Surprising Your Wife.
Love Jayme
I am glad you guys had a good anniversary weekend...James has taken me to a Bed and Breakfast 2 different times, and I LOVE IT!!! It is so romantic...one of my favorite things we have done together....Hope you have a great week.....
Happy Anniversary! What a great surprise too :o) My hubby is always planning romantic getaways and can keep everything a secret. I'm to big of a blabber mouth and want to tell because I am too excited to wait.
The pics are just beautiful! It's nice to have time away as a couple, isn't it? Wishing you many more years of happiness!
What a guy! What a place! I'm happy for you and you are cute as a bug!
What a romantic guy! that is awesome!
I am the one in my house that usually has to plan the romantic getaways...you are blessed!!
I love the pics! I am so happy for you that you had a memorable anniversary. I think I'll go plan mine! LOL (it'll be 18 years for us in June)
How sweet Mike is!
Everything sounds just wonderful!
We have never visited a bed and breakfast before but after reading this I want to very badly!!!
It looks so romantic!
Your pictures are great!
I love the picture of you at lovers leap.
You are such a beautiful young lady it's no mystery to me why Michael is so in love with you. You have the looks and personality to go along with it. You are a total package my dear!!!!
I Love you Jennifer
Sharon
Hey guys
It looks like you two had a grand time this weekend!!
Great pictures!
Tell Michael he is spoiling you completely rotten! lol!!
Jenn...You know you are spoiled...don't try to deny it!!! lol!!!
You need to come and visit us soon! Summer is just around the corner!!!
Love you guys!!!
M
OK girl you were right there near Hokies Country!!!!!!!!!!! I am from Virginia...actually Fredericksbur...but everyone from my High School went to college at either Radford or VA TECH!!!! I love Blacksburg and the covered bridge...I buy my mom these little things called Cats Meows and she has all 5 of the covered bridges and this is ONE of them!!!!! I know some little shop in that town probably still sells that covered bridge..unless it is retired. OK it has been 10 years since I got Mom those! My parents use to go up to the VA Tech Games with friends for homecoming weekend. Anyway....O shoot you are so making me home sick!!!! I have not gotten to be in VA since Dec of 2006!
OK my dream is to stay in as many b and b's I can before I die..lol Seriously though I have this thing for B N B's!!!! The East Coast are full of quaint little ones!!!!
I think it is so so so romantic that you guys get to spend your Annivesaries together! My husband has never been here on our Aniversary and well all my friends were starting to collect money in a pool to see if he will be here this YEAR and well he told me Monday night that he will be in the UK on our Anniversary this year! He has missed all my birthday's the last 8 years expect this past ONE...and all our Annivesaies since we got married! lol lol Now it is just a running Joke!
So I am so so so happpy to see the pictures of your Anniversary!!! I hope it was GREAT and you Enjoyed every minute!
J*E*A*L*O*U*S!!
That's all. ;)
OH wow Jennifer! What a wonderful weekend planned by your thoughtful hubby! Happy Anniversary!!! I love the bed & breakfast...and those beautiful pics of the covered bridge and ducks and those views...wow! I could go on and on! SO happy for you that you enjoyed such a special weekend together!!!
Hugs!!!
That sounds LOVELY! I'm glad you enjoyed your time together!
Post a Comment