Thursday, March 6, 2008

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Here's a few of my FAVORITE shows when I was growing up. Why can't television be like it used to be? You know....back when you could sit down with your family and enjoy watching a show together without worrying about any inappropriate content. Man...those were the days!

Here's your question for the day...

What was YOUR favorite show or shows when you were growing up???

15 comments:

Tanja said...

Lavergne and Shirley. Schlameel, schlamossel... however you'd spell that. I even tried milk and Pepsi once. (Because Lavergne drank it.) Not too bad either.

~cassie~ said...

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale...Gilligan's Island...I wanted to be Mary Ann ;)

Natalie Witcher said...

Cosby show, I dream of Jeanie, Happy Days, Duck Tales...so many great ones!

Anonymous said...

Little House on the Prairie! Still is one of my favorite shows (thanks to Hallmark channel!). Love the books too, but the show is a classic (IMO!) ;). Big fan of the Brady Bunch too. Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! :)
Have a great day!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Okay I am about to reveal my age, for the shows I listened to, watched, and enjoyed you would not know but maybe your parents would. I can remember listening to the radio with my mom to "The Shadow Knows" and marching through the house holding onto my mother's apron strings while we listened to the big bands. When we got our TV there wasn't much on it but we did enjoy Lucy, Howdy Dowdy,
Ed Sullivan Show, Jack Benny, Little Rascals. Yes those were the days. It was safe to watch TV. You did not need to block stations.

Tam said...

I think all of my favorites have been mentioned. Gil Island, I dream of J, Happy Days, Little House, L and S. Remember Sunday Night Disney Nights...Witch Mountain ect. I remember 8 is enough..which I think might have been a little Risky at times..OOO I use to love MY Three Sons and what about the Ghost and Mrs Muir TV show...OHH yeah what about that one with the child that had the MRS BEASLEY doll??? anyone remember the name of that show? I remember I LOVED BEWITCHED and leave it to beaver...Adams Family and OOOO THE MUNSTERS lol OK I went overboard. LIKED this question this week!

Faith said...

I LOVED Happy Days, Little House on the Prairie, Laverne and Shirley, and don't laugh but...Gunsmoke! I'm serious. I think because it was one of my dad's favorites and because he let me watch it with him. I loved being next to him on the couch. I watched waaaaaayyyy too much tv as a kid unlike my own....I won't let them!

Alana said...

I loved all those, and Little House on the Prarie, The Waltons, The Dukes of Hazard (which I'm a little embarrassed about now ;-)

I always love the after school specials, too. I'm sure there are lots more, but those are the ones I can think of right now!

Anonymous said...

The Brady Bunch was up there for sure, but my favorite was probably Little House on the Prairie. I also like The Facts of Life.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't wait for American Bandstand to come on, on Saturday mornings!! That was my favorite show.

I also watched Little House faithfully.

Rachel said...

What about the SMURFS!!!
I was a big fan of the Smurfs when I was little.

I also watched The Brady Bunch, The Facts of Life, and Magnum PI all the time. I had a huge crush on Tom Selleck...actually I still think he is HOT!!

I agree television isn't what it used to be.

Amy said...

My family watches The Andy Griffith show everyday! It's on at least five times here. Probably one of the best shows ever. My other faves are Little House, The Monkees, The Partridge Family, Brady Bunch and of course The Donny & Marie show!! Also I have rediscovered My Three Sons and watch it everyday. So corny, but those are the kind I love the most!

I love these kinds of questions!

I'm pretty sure Luke is going home tonight. And he needs to go even though he's my homeboy. Sigh!

Keri said...

I loved all of those shows too. (although I caught them all in reruns I still enjoyed them just as much)
They don't make them like that anymore do they? I have to be careful what I have on the TV at mid-day because so much of it is inappropriate for my kids to see :(

I also remember watching Growing Pains as a kid. <---dork!

mommy24treasures said...

oh I choose all of yours I love the EXACT ones!
After reading the comments, I did love Little House too, I love Andy G. though and Leave it to beaver. I love the time settings of the shows too I think.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

I loved "Mork and Mindy"...opps I just gave away my age...he..he..