Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Picture Perfect Day!

Wow! Yesterday was just beautiful! It was mostly sunny and 72 degrees here in the mountains of East Tennessee.
It's hard to believe that Jarrett was out of school JUST last week on Wednesday and Thursday due to SNOW!!!
I'm not complaining though! I'm just smiling and enjoying EVERY second of this beautiful weather that God created for us on this picture perfect day!
I have diagnosed myself with a serious case of Spring Fever!!!
We were outside almost all day long yesterday. I love it!
Blake and I played outside during the day yesterday. We invited some friends over too, we played baseball and played on our playground in the backyard. Michael came home from work early and we went to the park. It was nice to not have any plans yesterday evening and to just go and spend some time together doing whatever.
First, we hiked for an hour or a little longer. At our local park...there's alot of people that play Frisbee golf. Ever heard of that?? Let me tell ya...there was TONS of people playing it yesterday. Where we went hiking...it was also the trail that the Frisbee golfers take. We were dodging Frisbees left and right! It was madness!!! I don't see the appeal. We stopped and watched a few of the golfers play along the way. Jarrett thought it was pretty cool....Blake on the other hand just kept trying to pick up the Frisbees!
Then, we hit the playground. This park has one awesome playground. Big enough for us adults to play on too. By the time we got back to the park...it was beginning to get dark....so there wasn't many kids left. So we had full reign of the premises!
After we all ran around together being silly.....Jarrett and Blake played Ninja Warrior....pretending that the playground was an obstacle course. Michael and I sat that game out. We watched and laughed, alot.
Then, Jarrett loves to race. He is very competitive. (I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing sometimes). Anyway...Michael and I both can run fast. Michael was all state in High School in track. He can run REALLY fast!
We stood out in the parking lot last night running races. First, it was me and Jarrett...I won, but not by much. Jarrett is FAST! Then Michael and Jarrett....then Michael and I.....and of course Blake was running right along with us. Michael beat me by a country mile! He beat us ALL pretty effortlessly.
Then we went for some ice-cream. I passed on the ice-cream. I am a HUGE ice-cream lover, so that took some will power!!!! But, once I said no....I was proud of myself. Saying no to ice-cream was a big feat for me. Those of you that have been around me and ice-cream at the same time.....know exactly what I mean.

I just re-read this entry. I have rhymed several times (just did it again!).
I'm a female Dr. Seuss...giving you the play by play of our beautiful day. (Ok..I will stop now! ha..ha..ha) I was getting carried away! (Ok..seriously...I'm DONE!)

4 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

wasn't it wonderful being able to get out? So refreshing!

Natalie Witcher said...

Love Tenn.I'm not there very often, but it's beautiful!

Sonya said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

I was a distance runner in high school and wish I could get out more to take some runs. However, I find it very challenging and all the miles I run as a teenager has taken a toll on my poor knees!

Glad you guys got out and enjoyed the nice weather. We were in and out between piano lessons and moving a piano!

Anonymous said...

You make me giggle!

Love you Dr. Seuss!
M