Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We Did It!

Today was Kindergarten registration for Blake. I can not believe I just typed that sentence....I can not believe my little Blake is starting school this year. {tear}Where has the time gone????

After Michael and I put alot of prayer into it and after talking to Blake's preschool teacher we have decided to register him for Kindergarten for the 2008 school year.
This has been one of the toughest decisions for us. We just want to make sure we are doing the right thing.....for Blake.
His preschool teacher seems to think he will have no problem at all. She kind of acted like she thought we were being a little overly protective with Blake. She actually made me second guess my thinking. Who knows.......maybe I am being a little overly cautious.
Well....you know what....I'm his Mommy...and that gives me the right that I CAN BE.
That's the way I see it anyway.
I can see a big difference with him since we have been doing the "home schooling" on his off days. He really enjoys it too!

Sooooo.....like I said......today was the day.
After Blake got out of preschool today we went to the elementary school. The line of parents waiting to register was a long one.
Luckily they had tables set up for the kids to color and draw.....that worked well.
Blake LOVES to color and draw....just like Jarrett.

When we got there this little boy from his preschool came running up to Blake and said "Hey, Blake" and hugged him and he told the little boy that was with him. "This is my friend Blake"
I loved it! Blake was smiling from ear to ear.
Several of his buddies from preschool will attend the same elementary school as he is.

Who knows......I may have it alot harder than Blake. Maybe....it's me just having a very hard time realizing that my baby boy is growing up right before my eyes.

We just got home from the park and all three of my boys =-) are outside playing football right now.....so I took this opportunity to type this entry.
I'm getting a little sporadic with my posts lately.
I will get back on my schedule of morning posts...in the morning.

I hope you have had a wonderful day today!
Thank you sooooo much for all of your lovely comments about our Anniversary Weekend! You don't know how much I love reading your kind words. Each and every one put a smile on my face!! Thanks again!

7 comments:

Tam said...

Congrats! Here is GA we have a public Pre K program that is supported by the Lottery! So the parent line up at 5:30 in the Morning to register their kids in some counties...and other counties do it by Lottery. The County we live in you stand in line and whatever number you are determines if you get in! So we got in and my little 4 yr old will be going to big boy public school next year 5 days a week all day long! So once they are in this program they are registered for k-garten. It is pretty neat. I know if we were in VA that we would have to find a private pre-k or church pre-k.

Thanks for stopping by blog...Yes I am a VA girl at heart living in GA.

Keri said...

It's so hard to let them go isn't it? I had a terrible time letting Dillon go to preschool this year on the bus. I cried :( Next year is kindergarten for him too- all day long! Ohmygosh! I'll be right there with you in September, lol.

KC said...

(((HUGS))) to you mom, it is so hard to watch them grow up.. but big congrats to your baby Kindergarten is a big step..

Anonymous said...

I did this last year with my son. He was so excited. I was the one having a hard time. I almost cried just registering him, so you can imagine how I was on the first day!

Amy said...

You wanna know how I feel? I think that mom's know their children more than anyone, except Christ. We know when they are ready for the next step such as school. While it is hard to watch them go off we can trust God with our kids because He loves them even more than we do! Hard to fathom that sometimes. For me anyway.

I love seeing your pics of your boys because their smiles just brighten my day. I can only imagine what they do for you! So cute.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe Blake will be starting school. Time goes by way to fast. My sweet boy was 7 months old this past weekend and it feels like I just brought him home. Where does the time go? Enjoy every moment.

Diana

Denise C said...

OH you r little sweetie is going to Kindergarten!!! I'll never ever forget Chelsi's first day...After I walked her into her classroom...I went back out to our car....and several other moms looked as devastated as I did so we all decided to go out to eat to pass the time until we could go back and pick up our babies! IT was so Sweet hearing us at the table talking about our children together! Even the waitress joined in by saying her little grandson started kindergarten that very same day...and her daughter was having a hard time as well!
I'll be thinking of you this August when school starts back....we just may have to meet up and have lunch one of those days!!!!!
Sweet Blessings!!!