Good Morning Weight Loss Challengers!! I hope you have had a week of healthy eating and consistent exercising....helping you to get even closer to your goal! We have all done so well. This challenge started February 8th....look how far we have come. WOO-HOO!
I have lost 1 more pound this week.
Just comment with your numbers and I will update the chart on Monday.
Time to ramble......
Blake had a field trip to our local library yesterday. He really enjoyed it. It wasn't somewhere we had never visited before, but they had a puppet show yesterday for the kids and a few other special activities. It was very cute.
Then we took a trip to Krispy Creme doughnuts with his class. They got to see how the doughnuts were made. Blake had a yummy powdered doughnut.....I had none. I did not give into the pressure!! It was hard, but I did it. I walked out with my head held high!!
Then we were off to my hair appointment.
After that we came home and spent some time in the backyard on the swing set. Blake loves to swing.....most every day when it's nice outside you will find us in the backyard swinging. That's our special time. We have some great conversations......and sing alot of songs together too. He's so funny. I just love that little booger so much!!! I'm so blessed to be a Mommy and I love it!!
Jarrett had a game yesterday evening. (I love this big booger too...so very much!!!) He had another great game. He scored 4 runs and got 5 runners out at 1st base. Yesterday he played 1st and 2nd base. The Yankees (Jarrett's team) won 17-8! YEEE-HAW!! The Clymens family came to see Jarrett play.....even though they didn't get there until the end of the game. It's the thought that counts! =-)
After the game I went home, put my running shoes on and went to the park to run with Tracie. We ran 3 miles.
To change the subject a bit.......
Jarrett will be out of school for the Summer in only 3 WEEKS!! We can't wait!
Our Summer is going to be alot different this year, due to the rising gas prices. Isn't it just ridiculous!!! Everything is sky rocketing!
We normally and have for 6 years now.......gotten Dollywood/Splash Country season passes. This year we are not. It's about 2 hours away....we would spend way too much $$ in gas going and coming. The first year we bought these passes, we would go at least once a week sometimes twice a week. That was back in the good ole' days when gas didn't cost an arm and a leg!!
Also, we usually take 2 vacations in the Summer. This year we will only take one the end of July to Florida. I'm just happy to get a BEACH VACATION! So that's fine with me.
We are planning to do and find fun things closer to home.
One of the things we will do this Summer is the Summer Reading Program at our local library. Blake is at the age now that I feel like he will enjoy it tremendously. Jarrett loves to read anyway so it will be right up his alley. He will love it. This year the theme is Starship Adventure. It's all about space travel. Very Cool.
Another thing we do is visit an Assisted Living Center during the Summer. We actually started doing this last year. We go once a week and spend time with the Alzheimer's patients. The boys show those residents alot of love. Jarrett and Blake both have big hearts. They walk up and hug those elderly patients and their eyes light up. Every time we visited last Summer I was teary. I have a special place in my heart for the elderly and for children. I always have...that's just me.
We also have an AWESOME State Park about 30 minutes from our house. The name of it is Natural Tunnel State Park. We will go there and swim...they have a very nice swimming pool. We also plan to go there this Summer and do some camping.....yes, I said camping. Not RV camping.....T-E-N-T camping! It may be a one time thing on the TENT camping....for me. I'm willing to try it for the guys. The park also has some lovely log cabins that we have stayed in before that we may have to upgrade too!! LOL!!! We shall see....
Some of the local theaters in our area have FREE movies in the mornings on certain days. We have never gone before, but this year we are going to give it a try. Can't beat FREE, right??!!!!
We also live just a couple of miles away from another State Park called Warriors Path State Park......I'm sure we will frequent that park many...many....many times this Summer too. Also, Bays Mountain is another great park that's only a few miles away. We love to go there with our lunches packed and go hiking.
Jarrett will go to his first overnight church camp this Summer.
He will also attend a basketball camp at Sullivan South High School.
I will be running (along with my friends from the gym...there's 6 of us) in the Crazy 8's race during a local event called "FunFest". It's a 5 mile race. The plan is for all of us to get pink shirts and have "We Run Like A Girl" written on the back. We are all excited about it and are having a GREAT time training together.
We plan to spend more time at the lake this year. We have a boat and our friends, the Clymens family, have a boat now too....so we plan to get together and do some tubing. Jarrett and Blake love it.
So basically.....alot of simple Summer fun that's close to home.
Thank you for the sweet comments about my new hair color. Each one made me smile! I am very pleased with it. I love to try something new. Fun-Fun-Fun...
I hope each one of you have a fun, safe and blessed weekend with your friends and families!
Friday, May 2, 2008
Posted by
Jennifer
at
7:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















9 comments:
Lost 1 lb.
Love your new color!! looks awesome.
Your summerp plans are very similar to ours...I'll be posting about ours closer to end of school year which for us here in NYS is 3rd week of June. Enjoy your weekend...
Same here...Gas is too expensive!! It is crazy!! We didn't get passes last year, and we had a great summer!! and didn't spend half the money that we normally did....Have a great weekend!!
Have a great Weekend and OO that rocks that you are training to RUN!
Sounds like a FUN Summer!
Your family's lucky to have such close access to all of those parks. That's awesome!
We love to take the boys hiking and camping.
Let me say that I think it's great that you and your boys visit assisted living centers. I can't even imagine what it does for those alzheimers patients to feel love from others. That's wonderful! I'm sure you are equally as blessed as those patients are when you leave. You are such a good Mom!!!!!
I also agree with Tam on your running! I think you ROCK!!!
I hope you are having a great weekend and I can't wait to hear all about it.
Jennifer you are so inspiring.
You inspire me to try new things and look for fun things to do with my family.
You inspire me set goals for myself and work hard to ultimately achieve them.
You inspire me to be a better mom,a better person and a better friend.
You inspire me not to take life so seriously all the time and to laugh and have fun!
You have a beautiful soul and you are such a genuine christian lady. I totally look up to you. I thank God for you and your blog!
It's one of the bright spots of my day.
Love you
Sharon
Sharon--
Thank you so much for your sweet comment.
You have no idea how much that means to me.
Love you!!
Jennifer,
I think you are the sweetest person and I am so thankful that you are best buds with Jayme.
I am also thankful to be able to call you friend.
Thank you for all that you do and for being there for Jayme.
Love Dena
I'll be back soon to get caught up with what I missed but wanted to let you know You have been tagged. over at my blog today in the meme Monday post.
Dena----
I love that Jayme and I love you too!
I'm so glad that you guys made the journey from California to Tennessee.
I'm so grateful to call you both my friends!!!!!
Thank you so much Dena for your sweet comment.
Post a Comment