Well....I went to the doctor today and found out that I have Tendinitis in my right knee. I didn't pull my hamstring...as I thought. The doctor said this was a common ailment of runners. He told me I needed to stay away from running for another week =-( . I also have to take some anti-inflammatory meds and use a heating pad on my knee at night to speed up the healing process. My doctor said to prevent this from happening again, I need to make sure that I stretch very well BEFORE and AFTER my run. I have only been stretching AFTER and just warming up before my run by walking at a fast pace. It could have been alot worse....so I can deal with this. I will be SOOOO ready to run come next Wednesday. I can't wait!!!! This just makes me realize that I LOVE running that much more and I'm that much MORE determined to do it. Sara, Beth, Kelly, Valerie (friends from the gym) and I are planning to run a 5k race the middle of June, it will be the first of 3 we want to run this Summer for sure......so I don't have long to get myself back in the groove!
Ok....here's a few pictures...
This morning, Blake and I were doing our "homeschooling" session for the day. It is still going very well by the way =-). Our little Daisy follows Blake around like a little puppy dog when we are home. When he is sitting at his desk in his room doing homework Daisy is usually sitting in the window right up above Blake. I ran and got my camera and got a picture of it today. How cute is that! They're best of friends....
Here's a close up of our sassy little Daisy........she is growing up. She is almost 6 months old now. Ain't she purrrrrrrrrrrr-ty. ;-)
****************************
Jarrett also had a baseball game this evening. He was ready to play!! Here he is playing 3rd base. He regularly plays 2nd and 3rd.
Here's Jarrett up to bat......Go..Jarrett..Go!!!
SMACK!!!!
Here he is on 1st base.....
still going for 2nd....
and stopping on 3rd......WOO-HOO!!!!
Then another batter brought Jarrett on HOME!!! YEEEEE-HAW!!! He had a good game and it was just what HE needed after his last game.
Getting ready to go back out on the field. This was right after he scored his run....he knew I was taking a picture of him and he was determined NOT to smile. Silly Boys ;-)
Oh...and last, but not least.....here's Blake and his friend Trey. They play T-Ball together and Trey's brother is also on Jarrett's baseball team. So Blake and Trey get to see alot of each other and have become bosom buddies. They are both sooooo stinkin' cute!!! I couldn't resist adding these 2 pictures to the end of this post.....
Let me tell ya.....these two are Double Trouble!!! LOL!!!
I was totally off my mark with my weather forcast today. In my previous post I said it looked like rain today. It turned out to be a BEAU-T-FUL day!! We stayed outside most of the day, it was fabulous!
Ok...I gotta go so we can get the boys in bed. Michael and I are getting ready to settle into our den and watch a good ole' ScARy MoViE. It's called The Reaping...YIKES!!....I'll let you know how it goes....
Have a good night =-)
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
The Verdict Is In...
Posted by
Jennifer
at
8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















6 comments:
I'm glad your leg wasn't anything too serious.
Thanks again for coming to the girls' game. It really meant a lot. The Pi's you took were great!
Update on movie...
We gave The Reaping a thumbs DOWN.
Glad things went well at the Doctor! Daisy is very purrrrty! I just love CATS! O sorry the movie was a thumbs down....I am not a fan of scary Movies at all...so even if it was the best ever scary movie...I would still give it a thumbs down! HEHEHE
Good news on your knee! Remember to s-t-r-e-t-c-h!!!
Your kitty is so pretty. Hey, I rhymed. And your precious little boy sitting at the desk with his feet dangling is too cute!
How does it feel to be the mom of two of the cutest boys I've ever seen? I've said it before, but they sure do look a lot like my newphew, Cole. He is also into baseball big time. And quite good at it too!
Well, I'm rambling so I will hush! Have a great week and keep a good eye on your knee!
I could bite Daisy's cheeks off! She's sooo cute! If she comes up missing, I have no idea what happened to her :-o)
Hey Chick...I am just now catching up on your week. I haven't had much time this week for my daily blog readings so I was started to go into withdrawals! 8-O
I am really happy to hear that your knee is just tendonitis...many athletes get that. A pitcher from our team last year also had it. I am bad about not stretching also.
I need you and Jayme to teach me how to do all this cooking you all do! I am such a bad mom. I did cook eggs, sausage and biscuits with gravy this morning but I don't do anything on a regular basis.
Blake is adorable playing tball...I love watching Jett. He has watched Davis for so long now that he "thinks" he IS a pro. He even practices pitching and catching daily (those are the positions he wants to play).
We still need to get together. Another week or so and we should have the house ready for visitors...ha ha.
Post a Comment