I didn't get to post yesterday so here I go playing catch up again...
We had another great weekend.
We spent Friday evening with the Clymens family. Jayme made us all ice-cream sundaes...YUM-YUM. We ate our sundaes while we watched a movie. It was 27 Dresses starring Katherine Heigl. It was a GREAT movie. We all stayed awake through the entire movie. Which is a feat for us. If it doesn't keep Michael's attention he is asleep in no time flat. The kids stayed upstairs and watched The Waterhorse. We had actually watched it on Thursday evening as a family and LOVED it....so Jarrett and Blake didn't care to watch it again.
Saturday morning I didn't get to go for my morning run with the girls...because of my pulled muscle......but my boys benefited from it. I decided to make them a BIG breakfast. I made them biscuits & gravy, eggs, sausage, bacon and chocolate chip pancakes. It was nice to sit down together and enjoy a nice breakfast...without rushing around like we normally have to do on Saturdays.
Then Blake had a T-Ball game at 11:30 and Jarrett had a game at 2:00. Mamaw Na Na and Papaw Dan got to come over for the day to see them both play (I'm channeling Dr. Seuss again). We got to the game and discovered that we had forgotten to get Blake's baseball glove. Jarrett had his glove, so Blake used that..although he didn't want to.
Blake had another good game. He has such a good time playing T-Ball. My favorite part of all is his stance....when he gets up there to bat....he looks like a pro! It's so cute. I took my camera to the game to get some pictures, I haven't taken any in a while. When I got my camera out...I had forgotten to get my memory card. I think MY BRAIN needs a new MEMORY CARD! I am definitely having memory problems lately. BTW....we STILL can't figure out where my checkbook is!!!!! UGH!!
Jarrett's game was at 2:00. They won....but Jarrett himself didn't have a good game....in HIS eyes anyway. He struck out 3 times. HE WAS NOT AT ALL HAPPY WITH HIMSELF. He gets so down. We try to cheer him up....but, nothing helps when he gets like that. Jarrett is such a good baseball player.....he is used to getting several runs. That just wasn't in the cards for him on Saturday and he felt like he let his team down.
Saturday evening we were invited to a barbecue at Michael's plant manager's (Jim) house. We decided to turn it into a night out for just US. We had planned to go see a movie after we left the barbecue. So Mamaw Na Na and Papaw Dan took Jarrett and Blake with them to eat and spend the night. That DID finally cheer Jarrett up. We had to be at Jim's house at 4:00. We ended up staying until 10:30...it was alot of fun. More fun than I expected. So no movie. Michael is very fortunate to work along side the people that he does.
Sunday was church. It was very odd not having Jarrett and Blake with us. We really missed those 2 little boogers!!!!! Although it was nice to sleep a little later than the norm on a Sunday. Our service was wonderful as usual.
After the service one of my favorite girls, Allie, came home with us. Tommy and Jayme decided to spend some time together. (Jayme asked Allie which friend she wanted to spend the day with and Allie said "Jennifer" =-). That just made me smile.) After the service we went out to eat with the McKays. When we got home Allie and I changed our clothes and went out to get some ice-cream. We went to Marble Slab. I had some peanut butter and chocolate ice cream and Allie had Double Dark Chocolate. It was great!! We then went to Wal-mart and she picked out some nail polish. We came home, watched Hannah Montana and did our nails. You know..."Girl Stuff". I'm purty sure she had fun. I know I did! lol!
Then we went to our evening service. We had some kids from a local elementary school come and sing. They did a wonderful job.
After the service several of us went out to eat.
Then we went to pick up Jarrett and Blake. Mamaw Na Na and Papaw Dan always meet us halfway (they live an hour away).....so neither one of us have to drive so far.
After we picked the boys up we took Allie home.
Jarrett and Blake were very tired...they feel asleep on the way home. They had a great time with Mamaw Na Na and Papaw Dan.....they always make each visit so special for them.
So that pretty much sums up "Our Weekend".
Yesterday evening Blake had a T-Ball game. I took my camera AND my memory card this time ;-). Here's a few pictures...
Tapping the home plate a couple of times.....
swinging with determination........just look at that FACE!!
proudly making it to first......and notice he STILL has his tattoos! LOL!
and he's off to second....
My little blue eyed baseball boy....
After Blake's game we stayed to watch Allie and Ashley's (Jayme and Tommy's girls) very first softball game. They both did really well! I was so proud of those girlies!! Here's a couple of pictures....
Ashley
Allie
This morning I have a doctor's appointment to find out what's going on with my leg. I have taken it easy for almost a week now.....I'm ready to get back in the swing of things!!!
I hope you guys have a great day! It's looking like we are in for some rain here today.















7 comments:
Hope your dr appt goes well! Praying for you! This must be frustrating!
BTW, can I come to breakfast at your house?? :) Yum! :)
Anne :)
It looks like you had a fun weekend I rented 27 dresses on Friday but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet! Love the picture they are too cute!
Good luck at the doctor
Wow I have no idea how you can do it! YOU are so so so busy and full of LIFE! You need to reveal your secrets! I know my life will be like that as soon as Hayden starts pre-k this fall....so you will have to send me your tips on keeping it all together! HOPE YOU have a GREAT WEEK and good luck at the doc. I will be thinking about YOU!
Those pictures of Blake are awesome Jenn! You are a professional!!!! Sports Illustrated will be calling soon! I can say I knew you back when...
I love reading all about your weekends. You have so much fun with friends and family. We miss those times down here. We don't have many friends and no family...you know it's hard for me to get to know people. I'm trying though. I miss you!
How sweet of you to make Allie's day with you so special. No wonder she wanted to come to her friend Jennifer's house!!!
Love you and miss you Jenn!!!
Great pictures once again.
All I can say is your enthusiasm for life is contagious! Reading your blog is such a treat. I bet everyone you come in contact with loves to be around you.
I'm sending prayers up for you today as you visit the doctor. Let us know how your visit goes.
Much blog love!
I'm glad you enjoyed the Ice Cream. I couldn't believe how much Michael had. I thought for sure he would get sick. I may not be the scary movie type of person but anytime you all want to watch a comedy,. come on over.
Allie said she had a great time getting spoiled with you doing her nails. You are her favorite person. I should be jealous but she has good taste because you are one of my favorite people too! Any time you feel the need for a little girls day...she's all yours.
sounds like another wonderful weekend. Think I need to come to your place for breakfast.. YUMMMMMM..
Congrats to the boys on there games.. looks like fun.. and the girls games also.. fun fun fun..
Post a Comment