We had a great time at the cookout yesterday. Lot's of great food. We had hamburgers, hotdogs, pasta salad (my specialty), mac&cheese, deviled eggs, chips and homemade ice cream. I didn't even mention the out of this world cake we had.....it was devil's food cake with small holes punched in it, with sweet cream poured over it, topped with whipped cream and finally Reese Cups crumbled on top. Can you say....YUUUUMMMMY??!!!!!! I probably gained 5 pounds in one day! Seriously folks!!!
Blake had his T-Ball game at 5:45. He had such a good game. Let me just tell ya.....he was on it today!! The other team decided to keep score (which we don't normally do) so that's what we did. This is the first game that Michael, Kevin and Shawn (the coaches) diligently tried to get the other team out on homeplate. Blake got 6 runners out at home and he also scored 3 runs! WOO-HOO!!!He was also catching balls in the infield left and right. Like I said....he was just on it today! The final score was 14-11...the Astros won. Not us....OH WELL!
We are so glad that Blake is enjoying T-Ball so much. As long as he enjoys it...that's all that matters to us =-)
At the end of each game....Michael gives out a game ball. Today Blake got the game ball (it's his second one). Blake was so proud. Michael gathered them all in a huddle to announce who was getting the game ball. Blake was so excited. Michael said..."Today, Blake gets the game ball!!" Blake grabbed that ball, turned around and held it straight up in the air. He was one proud boy! Then the tears welled up in my eyes once again.
The look on little Blake's face was too precious for words.
My friend, Tracie, just happened to be videoing at the time of my emotional breakdown and got it on tape. LOL!!! So that moment was well documented.
After the game we stopped to watch Allie and Ashley play the last few minutes of their softball game, they play in the field right beside of us, so it's very convenient =-). Then we went back to the cookout.
We didn't get home until around 10:00 last night. We had a blast yesterday.
For the plans to be so spur of the moment.....everything went so well. No chaos....just good fun, food and fellowship between good friends. In my opinion....it just don't get much better than that!
I hope each of you enjoyed your holiday in your own way.
Today it's looking a little on the rainy side..so my plan is to clean up the house, then we are going to go sign up for the Starship Adventure reading program at our local library. Jarrett and Blake are VERY excited about that! I am too. Blake's preschool class went on a field trip to the library a few weeks ago and Blake has talked about it ever since. So I'm hoping this Starship Adventure theme will be a big hit with both of them. We went to the Kennedy Space Center last Summer during our vacation and they have been hooked on space ever since.....so this comes at the perfect time! Jarrett already LOVES to read and I've been trying to build Blake's excitement about reading so he will have a love for reading also. We read alot of books around this house. Reading is so important....and if you enjoy it....well, that's just a bonus. =-)
Jarrett also has a baseball game this evening at 7:00....if it doesn't get rained out.
I will leave you with the pictures we ordered and just received of our baseball boys......


Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Memorial Day
Posted by
Jennifer
at
8:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















7 comments:
You can't ask for a more perfect holiday than one that involves yummy food, family and SPORTS! They look so cute in their uniforms! Sounds like they too had an amazing day!
Way to go Blake...good game...he sounds like he plays like Jett!!! :o)
Glad your cookout went so well. That dessert sounds YUMMY! Oh and I still make 'your' pasta salad all the time...I love it!
Jett has a game tonight too. Hopefully the weather will be promising for the little guys...Jett has yet to play in the rain and I would like to prolong that if possible!
Absolutely adorable!!
Jennifer
I love how you enjoy your family time so much on the weekends. You take the time to plan such fun stuff. I can't wait to read about it on Mondays!!
You two are super parents!
Itsounds like Blake loves TBall and is really good at it. Great job Blake!
Those pictures of your "baseball boys" are adorable.
Hopefully your game won't get rained out tonight.
Super cute pictures!!!!!!!!
Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend!!
It was 80 plus here today in NH.. I couldn't believe it.... muggy too!! tomorrow we're back to our 60's again... oh well..
Have a great week!@!
I am glad you had a great Memorial day!
Glad you guys had a great Memorial Day cookout...We had a pretty good day too...Washing machine fixed!! Laundry finished!!!Yard mowed....weed eating finished....Yipee!!! =)Cute little baseball guys...Love the pictures....especially Blake's big ole smile...too cute...Hope you are having a good week....Cade has a game tonight...and I bet it is going to get rained out...=(
Post a Comment