Jarrett had a big weekend planned and he was very excited about it!
On Friday his Sunday School teacher had Jarrett's class over for pizza and then loaded them all up in the van to go bowling. I had to have Jarrett at their house @ 4:45. They wound up with about 12 boys. Michael and our Youth Pastor, Kurt, went fishing Friday evening,so his wife, Bicki, and I decided to get together and have some girl fun. Blake and I went to Bicki's and we ate funnel cake and watched a movie. I had to pick Jarrett up from his SS teacher's house by 8:30. Jarrett had a blast! After I picked him up we went back to Bicki's for a while so Ben, Jarrett and Blake could play for a while.
Kurt came to our church in November of 2007 to be our Youth Pastor. Kurt and Michael have become good friends. I have just gotten to know, his wife, Bicki over the past month. It's all part of me opening up to people again. I am happy to say I am doing alot better. I have really enjoyed getting to know her. The Lord has blessed me in so many ways. I already had some wonderful, faithful, genuine, christian friends....but, now he has surrounded me with even more. Our God is Good!!!
Saturday morning Jarrett was off to another outing. We have a program at our church called AWANA. His class went on an end of the year outing to Cumberland Gap National Park. They were going to be hiking, cooking on a campfire, and exploring. We had to have Jarrett at the church by 7:15 that morning. So I was up around 6:00...to get his stuff ready and fix breakfast. He was SOOO excited! This was his FIRST trip without US. That's boy is growing up!! Michael took him and he said he was all smiles when he got on the church bus.
I went and ran with Beth and Sara at the park @ 8:00 that morning. We ran 4.3 miles!!!! WOO-HOO!!!
Blake had a T-Ball game at 10:15. He is enjoying T-ball so much.....and we are too. Blake has really improved on his hitting. He doesn't even need a tee anymore to hit the ball.
After the game, Michael and Kurt went fishing again for a couple of hours.
I picked Jarrett up at the church at 4:30. Jarrett said he had such a good time and I questioned him about everything the whole way home. I HAVE to get every detail. ha..ha..ha.. It sounded like everything went great.
Saturday evening our friends, The McKay's, had us over for dinner. It was YUMMY! They had prepared several things and I made a couple of side dishes to go along with it. We had us a big ole' feast! We were all starving and we ate like a bunch of pigs! Tracie knows how much I LOVE ice-cream so she had a surprise for me! I was excited! I LOVE SURPRISES!! She had bought me some Reese Cup ice-cream!!! She also made brownies. So we all had bowls of brownies covered in Reese Cup ice-cream. Oh my goodness.....I was in heaven! lol!!! We also tried to watch a movie....but the kids didn't cooperate that well. We didn't get to finish it.....so we decided to go over another evening and finish watching it.
Sunday morning was the first day of our REVIVAL. I have really been looking forward to this. We had one fantastic service. Michael and I both sing in the choir at church and the song that the choir sang was phenomenal! Michael and I both were just overwhelmed with the spirit. It was beautiful. The choir was worshiping the Lord and lifting their hands in praise. It was obvious that several in the congregation were moved by the spirit.
The sermon touched on several things that I needed to hear. The evangelist, Phil Glisson, spoke on "The Bible". He said you need to listen with readiness, respect, recognition, reaction and rejoicing. He said we can't leave our Bible laying on the shelf gathering dust. He said that we have to stay in the word to stay strong. That is so true....I can tell the biggest difference in myself when I am not spending time in the word on a daily basis. If you have read my blog faithfully...you know that I had let myself get spiritually weak by not surrounding myself by the word. I learned a HUGE lesson. I thank God for that lesson!!! It has made me even stronger in my faith. The struggles that we go through as christians only draw us closer to him. I thank God for MY stuggles. I thank God that he is always holding my hand and keeping me close. I am so thankful for his unconditional love!! I thank God for my salvation. I am so thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!!!!!!
After the service, we went out to lunch with Kurt and Bicki. Then we came home and played outside.....it was a beautiful day. I actually laid out in the sun.......while Michael, Jarrett and Blake enjoyed a game of baseball in the backyard.
Then we were back at church for the evening service by 5:30. It was another wonderful service....great singing....great sermon. We are so blessed!
After the service, several of us went out to eat at LaCarreta (a local Mexican restaurant). We totaled about 6 families. I'm sure they were glad to see us leave!! We were eating, laughing and having a good time. Also, being quite loud! ha..ha..ha..
This evening Blake has a T-Ball game at 5:45, although we have to be there at 4:45 for pictures, then we are going straight from the game to church for our second night of revival and I can't WAIT! Our revival ends on Wednesday. It's going to be a busy week. I always hate to see our revivals end though.....even though it can be tiring.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Our Weekend
Posted by
Jennifer
at
2:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















7 comments:
What a fun weekend! I love reading all about it.
You have some great friends! You are truly blessed.
Reese Cup ice cream sounds very very good.
I hope your week of revival is wonderful.
It sure sounds like you had a busy and fulfilling weekend. God has truly blessed you and yours. I think it's wonderful how your life reflects what kind of person you are. You are a beautiful person.
Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments and prayers. All your prayers are greatly appreciated.
Hay Girl, I use to live near Cumberland Gap National Park. I lived in Rose Hill Virginia. Actually I have lived in several towns in South west Virginia. I wish we could have met back then we could have been great friends. I moved to Ga.11 years ago. But I still have family all over Virginia, Tenn,& Ky.
WOW you guys do so much on Weekends! We sort of bum around on weekends right now...I think it all will change when the boys are just a little bit older! Have a great Revival this week!!!
What an wonderful weekend.. busy but fun and and the sunday services to end the week(or start it) that is just the iceing on the cake.. I pray God has wonderful things for you this week during revival. ITA about seeing the differances when are spending time with God in His word.. I see it in my own life. God is so Good.
My kids are also part of Awana's but it ended two weeks ago for this year.
Sorry and LOL about the tag. I was tagged for that last monday and then went over to my blog right away and posted the directions and who I was going to tag with it.. then waited till Thursday to write up my randomness and then waited till yesterday to publish it.. OOPES... I guess I never even gave it a 2nd thought.. I should have went over it before publishing it and I might have remembered.. That is what I get when I think I"m saving myself time..
Can't wait to hear all the great things God dose this week in your life and in your Church.. I'll keep the revival in my prays. Happy tuesday.
Post a Comment