Thursday, May 1, 2008

I have enriched my husband's life in so many different ways =-) . One of the ways is that I have helped him recover from being a auto sticker/magnet Nazi. He used to say "NO" to the auto decor. But, thanks to me......he has gradually accepted it.
It happened one sticker at a time.Yep folks...I stood in my driveway and took a picture of the back of my van. See what this blogging does to people!!!! It's MADNESS I tell you...MADNESS!! Thank goodness none of my neighbors drove by!! lol!!!

Ok....like I said, here's the back of my van. As you can see I have 3 stickers and 1 magnet. Very neatly placed I might add. ;-)

I'm going to tell you what each of these stickers mean to me.
I will start at the top.

~My "Life Is Good" sticker is because.....well.....Life IS Good!

~My pink South Carolina state flag sticker is because........first of all, I loved the fact that it was pink. You don't see many pink auto stickers and I strive to be different. I also loved the palm tree/moon combo because it reminds me of THE BEACH!

~My NSB sticker is because........we absolutely LOVED that beach! It is New Smyrna Beach, FL. We went last year. Great family beach....if you have never visited there I highly recommend it. If you will notice that sticker has developed a crack at the top and it's beginning to tear. That upsets me.

~My Baseball magnet is pretty self explanatory. It's BASEBALL season for my boys. I change my magnet with every sports season. I have a system going on. I have a football, basketball and soccer ball. Jarrett and Blake don't play soccer now....Jarrett did when he was 4. I kept it because you just never know...they may decide to play again and I will be prepared.

Ok here's YOUR question for the day.....

Do you have any auto decor or are you a sticker/magnet Nazi??
If you do have some decor, what is it and what does it mean to you??

7 comments:

Tam said...

I do not have any auto decor at all. I did not even put any thing on the car when the Hubs was in Iraq like most of the wives do. For some reason I can not cross that line! I feel like I am defacing the car or something....I guess I am sort of a freak like that. I however loved stickers at one point in my life because I still have a photo album with bumper stickers in it from my tween and teen years!

Anonymous said...

I have 3! One Black & White Life is Good, cause it reminds me of My Husband & My self..(hence the black & white) of course LIG cause Im with him....One is the little SIRUIS dog, which reminds me of Gracie, and the Other is PINK!!! LIG w/a daisy, which is my favorite Flower...

See We had something in common..3 stickers, and 1 being PINK!!! How 'bout that...

I use to wouldn't put anything on my car...but Life is serious enough..so putting sticker on the window, wasn't going to hurt anything..so I quit being so serious...My favorite Quote now is..DOn't take like so serious, it's not like it's permanent!!! hahah!

~cassie~ said...

I have actually had quite a few different stickers/magnets over the past few years...

I had the same pink South Carolina sticker that you do...(because we got them at the same time =) It started peeling off, and had to be removed...It was a sad day...=(

I replaced it with my IY sticker...because I love going to the YMCA to workout =) This one is still in place.

Also had a Life is Good sticker that my sister got me, same thing happened...it started peeling...had to be removed....

I had a magnet, that said, I need to go where it is warm....self explanatory...but James hated it...so it is in the glove compartment...until I decide to pull it out again...=)

I have a little silver Dallas Cowboys symbol...because we love the Cowboys....

I believe that is about it..We have put the football, soccer ect magnets on the van...but don't have any right now...That sums up my auto decor...for today..=)

Faith said...

I normally HATE auto stickers/decor. BUT...with my new hiking club membership I was given an ADK sticker...so...of course I had to display THAT!
AND..I succumbed to the sticker from the Appalachian Hiking Club even though I am no longer a member...now I am trying to get the darn thing off and can't...any suggestions??? what works on these things? My hubby has a Red Sox magnet of course although we will remove it when we are down in NYC in a few weeks!

Tanja said...

Oh, we're total sticker Nazis. Both me and Bruce. The sports magnets from Upwards are all over my fridge, but not the car. Bruce just doesn't like the look. I have more practical reasons... I know I won't peel them off once they start to crackle off from age. And that just looks tacky, so I don't put them on to begin with. Helps me maintain the illusion of orderliness. At least on the outside of the van. The inside is a whole different story. I need to vacuum it today, in fact. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

I have nothing. I guess you could say that I am a tad OCD when it comes to this.... although, if I were to get something, it would be the cute stick figure family, you know which ones I am talking about?

Nicole said...

Jennifer...I am right there with you and all the car decor. It all started when I came back from CA with my stick family stickers with our names.

I have magnets for each sport, soccer, football and baseball. I haven't used them much since the sports we play now give us the option to buy team magnets with their name and number on it...LOVE those. Right now I have one that says Davis #8 and one that says Jett #4.

Last year at HHI I bought the SC palmetto tree and moon sticker (in white...I wanted pink but the white looked better on my tinted windows and matched my family sticker so white it is). This tree looks similar to palm trees and they are my most favorite thing ever plus Scyler lives in SC.

Then I also have the same Cowboys decal as Cassie, but not on purpose. My mom sent Duffer and I a bunch of Cowboys paraphernalia...since I love the Cowboys (Davis' dad got me hooked on them) and she lives right in Dallas so she has access to LOTS of stuff! The decal was one of the things she sent.