About 6 months before Michael and I got married one of my best friends from High School talked me into going to a wedding fair with her. I had alot of stuff to do the day of the wedding fair and I didn't feel like I had time, but I went anyway.When we got to the convention center we signed up for several different giveaways. The grand prize being a 4 night/5 day Carnival cruise to the Bahamas which was given away by Pepsi. I remember signing up and telling my friend Shawna "I don't know why I am signing up for this....I NEVER win ANYTHING."
I remember I was so glad she had talked me into going. It was alot of fun. Lots of great food, lots of great speakers....and they had a fashion show with tons of gorgeous wedding gowns.
Well....we stayed until the very end so we could see if POSSIBLY we MIGHT have lucked up and actually won something. Shawna won 10 tanning bed visits to a local tanning salon....we were happy that one of us had won something.
I thought....Oh well....I knew I wouldn't win anything. The last and final drawing was for the grand prize which was the Carnival cruise.
The announcer shuffled through all the entries (there was about 400 people in attendance) and stood up to the microphone and said......
"The winner of the Carnival cruise is......Jennifer Maddox."
I stood up and threw my hands in the air and said "That's ME!" I could not believe it!!!!
I went up on stage and accepted my prize....I was all smiles.
Shawna and I left the conference center and went straight to Michael's house. I couldn't wait to tell him. I walked in and tried to tell Michael and his Mom and Dad....but, I couldn't even tell them because as soon as I saw Michael I started crying...tears of joy. I scared them all half to death! They thought something terrible had happened. I finally got out the fantastic news and we were all so excited!!We were planning to take a cruise for our honeymoon....and we hadn't booked it yet. It worked out just fabulous.
Ok....here's your question for the day....
Have YOU ever won anything??
If so....WHAT.















10 comments:
Wow Jennifer, now that's a great prize!!!
I once won 10 free car washes and thought that was cool...but a cruise makes my excitement over car washes seem silly now, doesn't it!?! :]
I'm just guessing your cruise was a lot more fun than my car washes too? Although my kids think going through the car wash is pretty darn cool!
Enjoy your Thursday Jennifer!
I won a TV at the Appalachain fair when I was in the 3rd grade...I won a Poloroid camera for a coloring contest, and I won a Care Bear from a coloring contest at Kroger....Hmmmmmm....don't think any of those compare to a cruise....even though I thought they were pretty awesome....Have a good one...
what happened to Disney
I am quite unlucky. I recently one a blog giveway from WorldWin Papers and that was cool! (Scrapbooking stuff). How about this story...my high school sweethearts stepdad and MOM won the Maryland State Lottery for 1.6 Million dollars(1987! They bought 3 Cars and one was for my boyfriend. They bought me a Fur Coat (yes Fur) (I will admit right here that I hated the coat). It was such a big deal they were on TV and all. It ruined our already rocky courtship however because everyone thought my boyfriend was so rich! I even walked in to his Mothers house and caught him in bed with MY next door neighbor that I had known for ever! So then his parents got divorced and his step dad took the car back and things got ugly...MY POINT BEING THAT SOMETIMES WINNING IS GREAT BUT SOMETIMES IT CAN RUIN THINGS. Their whole family turned in to a big mess and all because of that Money! I still feel sorry for all that happened to them after they won the lottery. Everyone is doing ok now and moved on with their lives.
Even knowing that I would still love to win the lottery,....LOL LOL LOL
O yeah and WOW a free cruise for your HoneyMOON!!! That is totally awesome!
O and one last thing...the fur Coat...well I left it on his front lawn after seeing him in bed with my neighbor! His mother was very uspet with ME...for leaving that expesnive coat on the lawn...NOT for what I witnessed him doing to someone who I thought was a friend! Plus think about it I wear that Coat somewhere and some animal Activist would be throwing Paint on ME! My sense of humor again!!!!!
O my Past....a memory I had not thought about until your Random Question!!!!! lol lol I am truly laughing as I write about this because at the time it was pretty traumatic to my 18 year old self and now it is so darn funny! I should blog about it!
Hi there Anonymous-that name must have been so hard to learn to spell in kindergarten!!
You asked about Disney. I am STILL working on it. I am rather stressed over it actually. I have so many pictures...I can't decide which ones to post. I have worked on it the past 2 nights. Now, I think I have decided to just do a slide show...but I still have to narrow them down.
So maybe tomorrow =-)
Tam---that's quite a story you have there!! You should definitely blog about this one!!
$$ can be such an evil thing! Especially if you have LOTS of it!! I'm so glad I don't have that problem =-)
What a bad boyfriend!! I don't like him at all! AND what a bad neighbor friend too!!!! I'm glad the Step-Dad took his car.
I truly am glad to hear that they're all doing ok now.
You know I don't think I've ever won anything Jennifer. Hmmm. How unlucky of me! ;) Oh wait, I remember winning a door prize at the Knoxville museum of Art while on a first date with a guy a long time ago(not my DH). It was a little painting (pretty nice as I remember -don't have it anymore, gave it to Goodwill lol) and everyone was excited I won. But honestly, not being very "artsy", I don't even what it was! My only winning moment in life! A cruise would be awesome though!
Thanks for the comment on my blog! It has been fun! :)
HI Jennifer, Thanks for stopping by my page...She done a wonderful job, as usual, she's just like a wonderful big sister I never had...Your family is so cute!!! Adorable, I love your blog! Ill stop by more often, if that's ok! Come by anytime...God Bless!
I won 5 pearl bracelets from one of those wedding convention things...worked out well since I gave them to my bridesmaids as gifts at my wedding.
Then I won grandstand tickets and suite tickets to a Bristol race (for the same race) but I worked where they gave them away and I entered my name about 1000 times!!! HA!
A cruise!! That's awesome!
I have nothing exciting to report..I have won a few door prizes in my time..nothing big.
Post a Comment