Monday, April 21, 2008

Our Weekend

This weekend went non-stop.

Friday was another beautiful sunny day. Blake and I had ourselves a little picnic in the back yard. We have a playground in our backyard. He loves to swing on it....and he likes to do it the easy way....with Mommy pushing him. I don't mind at all. Blake and I have some interesting conversations while he is swinging. He would swing for a while and then we laid on our towels and had a snack. He loved it.

Then that evening our friends, the Clymen's, invited us to go to the park and practice some softball with their girls, then go tubing on their boat. So off we went. Everyone went tubing except Jayme and I. We didn't even take our bathing suits...we just went along for the boat ride. The water wasn't warm enough for mwah yet! I told them I'll be right out in it this Summer though. We had a great time with them......right up until we were out in the middle of the lake and the boat ran out of gas!!!! HA! Now...that was funny. Michael and Tommy had to paddle us to shore. Almost at the exact time we made it to the boat dock...a park ranger just happened to come by. He gave Michael a lift to get Tommy's truck. Michael and Tommy hooked the boat up and we went back to our cars. It all worked out ok...and gave us a few laughs too. Then we went back to their house and stayed for a little while.

Saturday morning, Sara and I were supposed to go run at the park, but it was raining so we decided not to go. I was up and ready to go so I just went on to the gym. Ok....are you ready for this?? I ran 4 miles on Saturday...on the treadmill. I felt like Forest Gump...."I just kept runnin!'" It took me 52 minutes to run 4 miles. I was a little proud of myself. I thought maybe you might be too =-)

Then....Jarrett had a baseball game at 11:15. He had a great game. Jarrett plays for the Yankees this year. It was the Yankees vs. the Braves and we won! Woo-Hoo. Jarrett had 3 triples, scored 3 runs and also got a runner out on 1st base. He is playing 2nd base this year. Here's a few pictures..

paying close attention...

running for 3rd base....

sliding into home....

getting ready to run on 1st base and Michael running the score board Blake also had a T-Ball game at 2:00. Blake is loving T-Ball. They played about 3 innings and then a monsoon hit! It started raining cats & dogs and everyone had to make a mad dash to their cars. Here's a few pictures from Blake's game before we almost got washed away.... Bubby giving Blake some pointers... Michael let Jarrett help him out on the field....We made it home and Jarrett had a birthday party to attend at 3:00. I took him to that and then I came back home to get ready for our Ladies Spring Banquet at our church. The food was catered and it was wonderful. I had ham, green beans, scalloped potatoes, rolls and banana pudding. YUM! Our guest speaker was Jackie Pegram. She did a skit and she played "Mrs. Noah". She talked to us about living by faith not by sight. It was very entertaining. She dressed the part and everything.

Sunday morning we were up early and off to church. Our pastor's sermon was titled "God's Church of Choice". He spoke about acts of faith, the labor of love, that God's people are brothers/sisters in Christ and how we are one in the bond of love. It was a very moving sermon.

After church our Youth Pastor and his family invited us out for lunch along with the Music Minister and his family. We had a good time. We are very blessed with the staff that we have at our church.
Then home for our Sunday naps.
Sunday evening we were back to church for our evening service. Our Youth Pastor led the service. He did a wonderful job. His sermon was about the secret of living a meaningful Christian life. His focus was telling us how to live a life that gives glory to God...which is spending time in the word and spending time in prayer. He said to go in confidence that the Lord will always be with us. Our Lord is always with us...even when WE are not always there for him.
"and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen. Matthew 28:20b.
This sermon really touched my heart.

After our service several of us went out to eat. In all...we had 7 different families. We didn't get home until almost 10:00.

Yesterday was also my friend Jayme's birthday!
Happy Birthday Jayme!!!

Now that I have gotten all the rambling about our weekend out of the way (I've been told that you guys enjoy reading it)....I have something I would like to share with you.

I would like to tell you that I have experienced a personal revival the past few days.
I reread my post from Friday several times. When I said...."I have become guarded with myself and my feelings over the past few years. I simply don't open up to people like I once did.When you've been hurt....I think it just happens....I haven't had any control over it. I do not like being this way. It's not my personality. I've always been happy go lucky....no worries. I'm not the same person that I used to be." That's no way to be! I sound like a defeated Christian!! I have allowed the devil to come in and play off of my emotions. I have the love of my heavenly father. I am heaven bound! The things that happen on this old earth don't even matter!
I can not allow people or circumstances of this earth to change me. I had allowed the devil to try and steal my joy!! That's NOT happening!
The Lord revealed several things to me. Number one....I have gotten spiritually weak, I haven't been reading my Bible like I should be. I can get up and go run for 4 miles, but I can't pick up my Bible and spend time in the word on a daily basis??!!!! What's the matter with me??!!! I have let my priorities get out of whack. I also haven't spent time on my knees in prayer like I used to. I used to give quiet time to God EVERYDAY. I have gotten more sporadic with that. I am ashamed!
This is going to change!

The joy that we have as Christians is through our Lord and only through him. We have no joy without him. I am nothing without him!

Thanks once again for all of your comments on my Friday post. Just the fact that you take the time to share what's on your mind, with me....means so much! The words of encouragement that you gave me were so touching.
I love how blogging allows us to reach out and pray for each other. People that we would have never known if it wasn't for the great blogosphere..

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad u had a gr8 weekend, but we did miss you guys at the SS social! I hope you can make it to the next one. I have been doing some soul searching and heart to hearts with the Lord to. Those sermons this week REALY hit home. They opened my eyes. Where have i been and why does it take so long, what does it take for us to see that He's here and all we have to do is open our Bible and hit our knees. How simple is it, really? We are just stupid, not sometimes, all the time....
christy

~cassie~ said...

I think it is funny that you wrote about Kurt's sermon....I was truly blessed by his message last night too..(blogged about it last night ;)

Our God is an AWESOME God, and all we have to do is turn to him for ANYTHING!!! I, too, have been reading my Bible daily, and trying to have a stronger prayer life...

If God cares about little old me, I need to make it a point, to put him first and foremost in my life....God is moving in our church...and I can't wait to see what it is he has in store for us...It's going to be AWESOME!!

Hope you have a great week....

Natalie Witcher said...

I'm so excited for you! For running and running after GOD!

Tam said...

Have a great week and hey this was a good post!

Faith said...

Your post reminds me of a verse the Lord put on my heart when I was praying for you. It is from the NT and is from Paul but honestly right now I can't remember the exact reference. I don't memorize quite like my youngest does! LOL
Anyways: the verse is about running to receive the prize....And the Lord had that on my heart for you over the weekend..and then I saw this post about you getting closer to Him, and mentioning running...well...Ok...isn't He just amazing?
Love your pics too! I try to pray without ceasing...meaning, I pray as things come up or on my heart but I don't have a set time every day for it. My husband is the same. Sometimes we pray together if there is something big.
I do get into the Word daily before work though...it sure helps me keep a balanced life! Peace to you my sis in Christ...enjoy the day!

mommy24treasures said...

wow it sounds like church and the banquet really have you the strengh and encouragement you needed! You did not come off as weak in your previous post. Just as a fellow sister in Christ that needed some love and encouragement. Thats what we should all be here for!
I love the pic of your boys out on the field together. So sweet.
Have a wonderful week!

Amy said...

Sounds like your weekend was busy, but good! God is so good!

Rachel said...

What a fun weekend you had! I love the picture of Jarett running. That's such a cool shot!!

Hooray that you are feeling better. We as Christians go through trying times. I prayed for you this weekend. It sounds like the Lord gave you exactly what you needed.

Our God is so good!!

Much love to you my friend!

Nicole said...

That is great that you are changing the way you look at things. I think we all get bogged down with petty issues that prevent us from being the Christains we have the potential to be. We can't live in the past and hold grudges and keep our guards up or we will miss all the good things to come and great people that are out there for us to get to know! This is something I have been working on for a while...

Oh and BTW...we missed the rain in Bristol at our ball fields...but it was super windy...I was wrapped up under a blanket and still froze!! Those poor boys shouldn't have to play in that!

KC said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend.. so much fun with friends and family..
You are so right about our Joy as Christians coming from the Lord and Him only..