Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Why Do They Grow Up So Fast?

This evening before we left the house for church.
Blake was brushing his teeth and he said very proudly..."Momma, I can reach the sink!!" while smiling one of his big bright eyed smiles.

It was the first time he realized that he didn't need to use a stool anymore to reach the faucet.

I don't think I had realized it until that very moment either...
{sniff-sniff}

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I share your tears.
My boys have grown up in a blink of an eye.
I wish I could keep them little forever.

Tanja said...

I had one of those moments in the van this morning while driving Clay to school. He turns 8 in June and cannot wait to get out of his car seat. I reminded him we have to wait for a certain height, and he reminded me that he was pretty sure he was that tall now, too. And I think he's right.

WAAAAAA!

I don't have many of those moments any more with him because he seems so far removed from babyhood. I realized, too, that it's been awhile since he's just sat on my lap. Shhh! Don't tell any of his little buddies, but I'm going to snatch that child up on my lap sometime soon and get some cuddle time. I think I can still get away with that for a bit longer. As long as nobody else is watching.

Faith said...

Ah....so precious! for me, it was when they no longer wanted to sit on my lap and be rocked while I read the bedtime story. (sniff sniff)