Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Shopping With My Husband....

Is it an act of congress to get your husband to go out in a store and buy clothes???

With my husband it is.
I can take care of the shirts no problem, but when it comes to jeans/dress pants...that's a whole different story. He has to be there to try them on.
After weeks of saying..."You need some new jeans"....yesterday evening I FINALLY got Michael to agree to go out and look for some new jeans. The ones he wears now have holes in them....some are in places that shouldn't have holes...because he has had them for 10 years!!!

So last night we went to Old Navy. On the way there he asks the question..."Do they sell Lee or Levi jeans there???" With that statement I knew it was going to be a long evening.
My goal being...to get him a couple pair of stylish jeans.
So we get to Old Navy and he tries on AT LEAST 15 pairs of "stylish" jeans. He hated every pair. I felt like I was arguing with a teenager over clothes!! He would walk out of the dressing room with that look....you know the look that says....are you kidding me??!!!!.
We ran into, my friend, Christy and her daughter Emily while we were there and they witnessed one of those episodes and got a laugh out of it too.
I finally just gave up and Jarrett, Blake and I went to the car.
We wound up pulling into the parking lot of Goody's about 8:30 last night.
Michael went in Goody's by himself and came out smiling from ear to ear carrying a bag that had 2 pair of 550 Levi's.

Oh well....at least they don't have holes in them.
Sometimes you gotta choose your battles...right??

13 comments:

Amy said...

So sounds like me and Husband. I tell him he is "uncool" in his clothing and that helps a bit getting him to branch out. I've been amazed in our almost 9 years of marriage how much better he has gotten.

Diane Meyer said...

Oh Jennifer, I didn't know our husbands were related. I can't buy clothes for him because they are not what he would pick out himself. That is true. They are not Wranglers or Lees.
But, to be honest, I fell in love with him partially due to his carelessness about how he looks. Very endearing.

AshNAlMom said...

Lucky for me Tommy isn't picky about clothes, I buy everything for him. The problem I have is getting him to go shopping period. That is the battle I have yet to win!

Anonymous said...

Paul is the same way. He has to have some Levi jeans. I have detoured him into American Eagle a couple of times. He has a couple pair of "stylish" jeans from AE.
Funny story. I can just see Michael giving you that look!

Love you girl!!
M

Nicole said...

Funny...Duffer wears whatever I buy him...when I buy them they are stylish and cool but when he buys they are Wranglers from Walmart. So I just buy them without him! That way I get what I want...

Anonymous said...

Well Im proud, and didn't know it! He will where whatever..but usually choose's to buy stylish jeans...and Girl's he will shop.....He has alot of shoes, and more jeans, and shirts then me, if you can believe that....That huge walk-in closet we built a couple months ago was to house his clothes...

Faith said...

This is funny!
My hubby would probably ask the same thing....I tend to get his jeans at LLBean or Macy's (because they sell the Levi's he likes!)
I did FANTASTIC at Old Navy yesterday...hop on over to see the great buys we got (of course, I didn't get a thing...I'll go by my self once they are back in school next week LOL)

Tam said...

My Husband is a LL Bean jeans guy or Levis but I have to say that I do still love the LL Bean classic fit jeans and LEVIS...so I even dress my little boys in those too! YES I have to salute Goody's for Carrying the beloved levis. These new style of jeans...I just do not like. Some look dirty and baggy.

Anonymous said...

From an impartial husbands prespective ... let him get what he wants. Lees and Levi's are the best value for your money. Anyway, it's not the clothes that make the man, it's the man than makes the clothes!

Jennifer said...

OK...DAN...I'll try to remember that one.
You could never be "Anonymous"----tee hee hee

Jerica Smith said...

So cute-why are boys such strange little creatures and why do we love them so much ? :) This sounds just like Matthew too-they must have been seperated at birth!!

Keri said...

Oh wow! I can relate to this! Except J likes to buy clothes for himself BUT I cannot stand what he chooses! He likes all of that baggy/saggy Tommy Hilfiger kind of stuff. Ack. Not my taste at all. Can he not buy some clothing that actually FITS once in awhile?? *sigh*

But you're right. You learn to choose your battles after awhile :P

Roger Garrett said...

Well at least he isn't a metrosexual. Men should be simple creatures. I know I am