Monday, April 14, 2008

Our Weekend

I'll warn ya...it's a long one!

The weekend started off spending time with friends...which is always great in my book!
I went to a "Girls Night Out" get-together at my friend, Anitra's, house on Friday. It was a special occasion....our dear friend, Lisa, was visiting from Ohio. We all miss her so much! We had a wonderful time talking, doing ALOT of laughing, eating, and catching up. We need to do that more often girls!! Nothing better than fellowship with wonderful friends!!

After that I was off to a sleep-over for one of my favorite girls, Allie. She had a sleep-over for her 9th Birthday Party and asked me to come....and of course I didn't hesitate to say YES. I don't get to do alot of girly stuff in my house of boys so these sleep overs (she had one last year too) are always so much fun for me. We danced, told scary stories and played games until about 1:00 in the morning.
Then Jayme (Allie's Mom and also one of my great friends), and I crashed on the sofa and watched a movie.
Then the next morning.....we woke up around 7:00.
While I was still half asleep and trying to come to my senses, Jayme scared the LIFE out of me...it was way to early in the morning!! When I woke up I looked over at Jayme on the other couch and I thought she was still fast asleep...but, she suddenly opened her eyes.....yelled and jumped at me!! I told her if I was a cat...I would have been stuck to her ceiling!!! Jayme...I bet while you are reading this you are laughing again!! You FREAK!! LOL! I'm sure you owed it to me , actually I know you did!!! I enjoy scaring people....I have scared her quite a few times.
Anyway, then came our giggle fest. We laughed over that scare for probably 20 minutes! Nothing like some good quality horse laughing!!!! I bet YOU are even smiling right now too....over the "horse laughing" comment. If you have ever had a deep, gut wrenching laugh, that takes your breath away....well, you have experienced what I call a "horse laugh"!! You know how people say laughter adds years to your life...well, one of those add 2 or 3!

Anyways....since I was up so early....I decided to go ahead and meet some friends at the park and run.
After that, I came home and fixed my 3 favorite guys some pancakes....while I ate a protein bar. Now that's what you call sacrifice!

Saturday was also my #1 guy's Birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!!!!
We had plans for him, but we couldn't get started on those until that evening.
We were trying to surprise him.....I love to be sneaky like that. =-)

Blake had his very first T-Ball game at 12:45. It was COLD and the wind was blowing like CRAZY!!! What happened to our Summer weather???!!!!!
Watching Blake play T-Ball was great...it was fun-nay! The cutest thing!!
Blake did really well.....he even hit a HOME RUN on one of the last plays of the game!
Here's just a few pictures.....I narrowed these down from the 127 that I took. {wink}
Although, when I first got to the game....I soon realized that I had forgotten to put my memory card back in my camera...UGH.....so I had to go back home and get it. I did miss Blake's very first time up to bat =-(. Tracie (another great friend of mine and she is also Mason's Mom) took some pictures of that. THANK YOU TRACIE!!! So it all worked out ok.

Just check out that determination on Blake's face!He wasn't fooling around!! He smacked that ball.Off he goes...running for first base!! Woo-Hoo!!Getting the ball and throwing it to first base! Great play Blake!
I'm not sure what's going on here. I tried very hard to get these cute little baseball boys to smile. These are a couple of Blake's friends that are on his team.
Blake was acting VERY SILLY (so out of character for him. {wink} )....and Eli (in the middle) was just tired of getting his picture taken.....and Mason was giving me one of those half smiles. Here's Jarrett with my other favorite girl, Sydnee (Mason's baby sister).
We just love this little girl to pieces!!Coach Fox and Coach Murdock (Eli's Daddy) talking with the team after the game.
Jamey (Mason's Daddy) is in the background getting a couple more pictures.... My boys =-) Blake LOVES his big Bubby!!Mason, Jarrett and Blake.....too stinkin' cute!

After Blake's game....Jarrett had baseball practice for a couple of hours. Michael took them both to that...which gave me some time to get the house picked up and back in order.

After Jarrett's practice, Michael hooked up the boat and went fishing at the lake with our Youth Pastor, Kurt. Which gave me and my boys just enough time to get Michael's surprise ready.
Jarrett and Blake wanted to bake Daddy a birthday cake! So that's just what we did....The finished product. They picked out all the decorations themselves. Didn't they do a good job! Waiting for Michael to walk in the door.....and when he did we yelled...."HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!"
The smile that came over Michael's face was priceless.Giving him his birthday cards and a few birthday hugs too =-)Me and my Birthday Boy!
I had also cooked a nice dinner and had it ready for him when he got home from fishing.
After we ate dinner we dove right into the yummy birthday cake. It was delicious!!!

After that we watched the Nascar race. I slept through most of it....the cars humming around the track puts me right to sleep everytime!

Michael thoroughly enjoyed his birthday.
He got to do all the things that he enjoys.......Coaching his boys, playing ball, fishing, eating, spending time with his family and watching Nascar.
It all worked out great.

Sunday we enjoyed another wonderful church service. Then home for lunch...I had put a roast w/veggies in the crock pot that morning. I love my crock pot! We came home to a meal that was ready and waiting.
We ate and we all took naps....and then back to church for evening service.

We had another great weekend! I hate to see them end!!!
I hope you enjoyed yours too.

12 comments:

AshNAlMom said...

I still have tears in my eyes from laughing. I am SOOOO proud of myself for getting you, HA! Thanks again for all your help. I love you BSB in the whole world.

Anonymous said...

jennifer~thanks for your low-cal snack ideas! i will definately be trying the pudding. hope you enjoyed your weekend with your bday hubby! i know, i did. : )

Rachel said...

I love reading about your weekends. Such fun.
I have had many "horse laughs" in my time! Those are the best!!
Your little one looks adorable playing TeeBall. Those are great pictures! His expressions are so cute.
I have to commend you again on your mommy skills. You have some great ones. I don't know if I will ever be brave enough to let my boys crack eggs or bake a cake. You are such a good mommy to take the time to do such things with them.

You also make me sick! You look beautiful with makeup or without!!!! I would never be brave enough to post pictures of myself without makeup!! You do it all the time. What a woman!!!!

BTW...I stayed the same this week on my weight loss. I will loose next week though...that's a promise!

Faith said...

Your weekend sounds like it was great!!
BUt....HOW did your friend scare you?? or did I miss that part?? and yeah, I was cracking up because it sounds like me and my friends...there's nothin' like a good horse laugh!

We are having good weather here in NY finally!! And thank God, because it is spring break!!! I am hoping to lose another lb this week from hiking and walking!

Jennifer said...

Hey Faith.....I don't know how I left those very funny details out of the post. I udated my story with those details.

I hope you have a GREAT Spring Break....and I hope you continue to have nice weather up in NY!!

Anonymous said...

Man what determination on their faces, when baking the cake...How Funny! They are so CUTE!!!

Tam said...

HEHEHE....I love that you still get to do all that girly girl stuff even with a house full of boys! TOO Cool! Here it is a All boys world 24/7..lol Have a great WEEK!

Nicole said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend...I got my reminder for Michael's birthday and forgot to tell you to tell him HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Is he 40 yet??? Oh wait that is MY husband that is THAT old!!! LOL

Michelle said...

OMG Jennifer! Thank you so much for visiting!

When you come to PC, we HAVE TO HAVE coffee! I will make the time.

It's very cold here right now....record lows tonight, but the weekend was beautiful.

I am adding you to my favorite bloggers RIGHT NOW.

Keri said...

Happy to birthday Michael!

Your boys are so cute playing baseball :)

Anonymous said...

That first pic of Blake in the little t-ball uniform brought tears to my eyes. It makes me realize how much he is growing up. He has had to watch "Bubby" play ball from the sidelines, but now he gets to play. The pics of them baking a b-day cake was precious,such determination! Love to all !!!!!!! Mamaw Fox

bearhugs62 said...

Well it looks like you had a great weekend. It sure is great to be with friends and family. And its even better when you can have a few laughs along the way.