Friday, April 25, 2008

Good Afternoon fellow Weight Loss Challengers!
I have stayed the same this week. Which like I said last week...I'm happy with my weight loss total. I have ran a total of 20 miles this week since Saturday! I ran on Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and today.....4 miles each day. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I also take a muscle flex class for an hour after I run. I can tell that I am loosing inches and gaining muscle tone. That makes me HAPPY!!!

Ok....now you guys leave a comment with your numbers. Some of you have been slacking on sending in your numbers! {GASP!} I have just left those numbers the same....so if you have had a change....just let me know. Thank ya...Thank ya...Thank ya!

Here's a few more things that have been going on around here.....
Yesterday, Blake had a field trip to the park. His class met at the park for lunch at 10am and stayed until noon. Blake is no stranger to the park.....so it wasn't that big of a deal to him. He did have lots of fun with his buddies. I didn't take my camera because I have OODLES of park pictures already.

Yesterday evening Jarrett had a baseball game....which he didn't attend. Why? You may ask.
Do any of you guys have any dinner drama at your tables??? We have lots of it here. It's like pulling teeth to get Jarrett and Blake to eat sometimes. Unless it's tacos, pizza or chicken nuggets! Yesterday I had cooked a pork roast in the crock pot all day on low. It was soooo tender....it just fell off the bone. So we had barbecue pulled pork, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, peas, green beans. Now does that sound so bad?? It took Jarrett 30 minutes to finish only half of his food. Blake had only taken a couple of bites. This really frustrates me. It makes me not even want to cook.....and I love to cook.
So I called Michael and we decided that if Jarrett didn't finish eating he wasn't going to his game. By the way.....Jarrett is NOT a first time offender at all. This happens all the time. Most of the time we will wrap up what he doesn't eat (this goes for Blake too) and when he gets hungry he can finish the rest. I do not like to see food go to waste. I never put a large amount of food on their plates either. I don't expect them to eat ALOT....just what they have. I also don't make them eat stuff they don't like....but, I DO expect them to try it. (If you have any advise/strategies on this subject....I'm all ears!)
He did finish finally....so he could go to his game.
I went to get his baseball pants out of the dryer and I couldn't find them in that load of clothes. I thought "Am I loosing my mind??!!!!" I KNEW I had washed them and put them in the dryer. So to make a long story a little shorter......we searched everywhere and couldn't find his baseball pants. He has 2 pair and I had washed both of them in the same load. We tried to get him to wear shorts....but, he didn't want to.
So he missed his game. He was very sad.
I continued to search the house up and down.
Then later yesterday evening I put another load of clothes in the washer. Then put that load in the dryer....got them out to fold and,there they were, both pair of baseball pants magically appeared. The only thing we can figure out is that they were both stuck to the inside of my washer. I have a front loader washer and it's hard to see in there sometimes when I'm unloading a wash.

Then I had Mommy Guilt. I felt so bad that Jarrett had missed his game because we couldn't find his pants.

We all wound up watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on television and getting some rest.
I cuddled with Jarrett on the couch....and scratched his back......one of his favorite things.

Jarrett had a bad day at school on Wednesday. He fell outside at school and banged up his knee pretty bad. His library teacher had gotten mad at his whole class and made them put their heads down for 20 minutes because a little girl had torn a piece of paper out of a magazine. Then I told Jarrett that I would be picking him up at carpool on Wednesday instead of riding the bus and he forgot. I had to go in and get him. He got so aggravated at himself because he had forgotten. He is pretty hard on himself sometimes. I didn't think a thing about it.....I forget stuff all the time....that's what I told Jarrett. He wasn't as easy on himself.
All of that stuff may not sound like much to you.....but, to Jarrett is was a VERY bad day for him. Jarrett is such a good student. He came home with all E's on his report card again this past Tuesday....they don't have number grades yet. That comes next year.
I'm afraid that Jarrett's going to be one of those kids that are so hard on themselves....that we don't have to say anything. He tries his best at everything he does. That is good I know....but, I don't want him to grow up being so hard on himself

So...anyways....the way I'm thinking is the Lord knew that we needed some time to just REST and to have some cuddle time.
Everything happens for a reason!

My plans for today consist of washing sheets, dusting and cleaning all of my windows. Sounds like so much fun doesn't it!! Please...I beg you....try not to be jealous!! LOL!!
Then this evening the Blakester has a T-ball game.

Oh and BTW....I LOVED reading all of your answers to yesterday's question! You bunch of 80's FREAKS!! We were just crazy weren't we!!
Oh...and don't worry Tn Tyke Momma....I would NEVER delete you from every corner of my computer...maybe just one. LOL! Just kidding!

I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL weekend!
AND....thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my ramblings.

12 comments:

Natalie Witcher said...

OK, I think my thryoid is out of whack for more reasons than just the two lbs I gained this week. Gerr. I'll post next friday and see if my in-home therapy has helped. I explain all that on my post today.

Faith said...

Ok, well, I am no longer 116 I am today 118. ARGH!
About Jarrett's eating. HOpefully I have the correct boy.
We have the same rule and have had it in place since age 2. Try what is on the table/plate. If don't like, don't eat.
However, I don't recommend using the bribe of another activity if food isn't eaten. (also, if a team is counting on him....) then again...you can tell me to shut up! But....what I do (my 14 yr old is STILL picky) is simply say, Ok, no good food then no junk food (dessert)...works every time. I simply won't let her eat dessert. she won't starve...all kids eat when hungry. I simply won't allow the ice cream, cookies, etc. if nothing substantial was eaten for dinner. BTW..your dinner sounds like it was delish! hope this isn't too long...I tend to write long comments!

~cassie~ said...

I SO understand about living with someone that is hard on themself...My husband is the worst person I know for doing that...and He is the best guy I know!!! It seems to make him try harder at everything, because he wants to do well..(I will have to tell him to read your blog--just so he can see where I bragged on him) Ian is the same way too...He is so hard on himself, always wanting to be the best....Good attribute...

Jarrett is a great kid, God just knew he needed a break (reason for not finding the pants) We are always searching for pants, cleats, shinguards, ect....I just can't seem to get it all together for 3 kids...

Great job on the running..Have a great weekend...

Anonymous said...

I stayed the same this week. I'll work harder next week!

Nicole said...

All I have to say is that I am glad I am not the only one who can't keep up with all the kids' uniforms and so on. We transfer their stuff between cars so much that I never know where it is!! In the summer I feel like we just live out of our cars so we just keep everything in them...too bad I don't have a washer and dryer in them...I could get a lot of laundry done during Davis' 2 hour practices!!! LOL

Tam said...

O yeah you should see the food Drama at our dinner Table!!!!
Hope your weekend was GREAT!

KC said...

I love reading what all my blogging friends do on the weekend.
I have no great advice about the food at dinner time.. Like you I don't make the kids eat things they don't like, I do ask that they take a bit of new things and maybe even a bit of something they haven't tried in a year or so just incase there taste buds have changed.. but I"m not a You have to clean your plate sort of mom so this is never an issue. I just let them eat until they are full and be done with it.. some times my Sweet Pea(6 years old) will only eat 4 or 5 bits of her meal.. So like you then I just wrap it up and save it for when she gets hungry.. Since this isn't something that bugs me it isn't a battle in my place.. I remember when my Princess(our 12 year old) was younger and only nibbling at her food her doctor told me not to worry about it, that he has never seen a kid starve themself to death yet.. LOL He said when they are hungry they will eat.. Then my grandma told the story about my aunt Joyce who went about a year only eating cereal for every meal she just wouldn't eat anything more so the doctor told my great grandma to just let her eat what she wants.. It didn't harm her any. LOL.. so give all this information.. as long as my kids are eating and are not hungry or NOT over eating or filling up on junk then I never give a 2nd thought to food, how much they eat or what they leave behind. Sorry I wasn't any help.

Becky said...

I agree...sounds like God knew it was time for a break...specially after a day like that. I strongly believe that HE has a way of "misplacing" things for us to find other things...like rest.

I wish I had good advice for you as far as food. I have lost my temper so many times I am ashamed to admit it. One time an entire jar of peanut butter hit the wall...litterally. Because I knew I was gonna hurt SOMEONE if I didnt release my anger somewhere. It of course turned into a joke here that the PBs gonna hit the wall...ya know something like the **** is gonna hit the fan.

Anyways...our rule is that if you dont eat dinner...thats fine. But you are done. No snacking, no desserts no nothing. Sometimes they decide that its worth it to them to walk away and sometimes they will muttle through it. But even then...a couple of bites are still an absolute must. Even if they have to drink an entire gallon of milk to get em down.

I also wanted to congratulate you on your running! Gosh...wasnt it just a few weeks ago that you had started??? I am sooo proud of you!

FlipFlop Mom said...

GREAT job on the running girl!! I'm still just walking.. running hopefully will come a bit later.. I'm trying to get my dog back in the "mode"...

I understand the frustration of making a good meal and having noses turned up... I'm sorry.. :(

I don't think you're a bad mommy at all.. we all go through those times!!! That's for sure!!

~cassie~ said...

sorry to comment again..but wanted to let you know that I tagged you...3 random things about yourself...Hope that is ok...Enjoy..Can't wait to read yours....=)

Rachel said...

WHERE ARE YOU?

Diane Meyer said...

I have to say, reading your blog has really encouraged me to walk again consistantly. 3 or more miles each time...yay! I even jogged the other day and scared my dog to death! Ha ha!
Thanks for bloggin'!