Ever have a day that you doubt your parenting skills???
Ever feel like you are talking, but no one hears you???
Ever feel like no matter what you do...it's wrong???
Ever feel bad because you lost your patience and fussed a little bit too much at your kiddos???
Ever feel like you are struggling???
I've just described how I have felt the past few days. {sigh}
It's been a very long day. We have the boys in bed now and I am going to enjoy time with my dear husband. We are going to watch a movie. "We Are Marshall" ever heard of it??? Some good friends told me it was a great movie!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Ever Had One Of Those Days....
Posted by
Jennifer
at
9:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















9 comments:
Man you have just totally described my entire WEEK. How did you know?
I feel today that I have been a mean Mommy. My oldest refused dinner because he says he did not like and well I said tough (to my 4 yr old) and told him if he did not eat that was all there is. So we is now in bed and he did not eat....I so have the MOMMY GUILTS.
Yes I know how you feel and hmm I do not know what words of comfort to offer but you are a great MOM. YOU can tell from the way you write, the way your boys smile in every picture...you know this will pass.
Some weeks are rough but look at all the good weeks or days compared to the ones like these. I think these are hard because they are so few.
It is not always easy but YOU and I both know we would not change it for a second.
Once you spend time watching a good movie and relaxing...everything will look much better in the MORNING...plus it will be FRIDAY.
YEAH for Friday...I pick my husband up from the Airport..he has been in Scotland.
I completely understand where you are coming from...Been there...Lately...A good movie night will be exactly what you need....=) You will love the movie....but have a box of Kleenex nearby...Love ya...
I know you allready do this, but PRAY, the things your struggling with..Put them in his HANDS, he will work them out, and give you strength...If it wasn't for him, Man how would I get thru the day...HONESTLY!!!!!
My mother told me many many years ago, and I love to pass this on...If you don't FACE the Devil on a Day to Day basis, Your probably walking the same direction he is...Just a little FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!
Ummm...have you ever read my blog?? ha ha I feel like this almost on a daily basis because it is SO hard working full time and dealing with the stress at work and then trying to have enough energy for my kids in the evenings...as I am being their taxi driver, referree, coach, friend, mom, cook, maid, #1 fan and many other things!
Yes, I have days like these.
I have had several the past couple of weeks.
My boys not listening to me when I tell them the same thing NOT TO DO over and over. I feel like I'm invisible sometimes.
Getting frustrated and fussing at times when I probably shouldn't.
In the world today it's hard to be a parent.
All we can do is reach for our strength from our heavenly father. He will never leave us or forsake us. I know you know this...but sometimes it helps to hear it.
I have to tell you that it makes ME feel better that YOU doubt your parenting skills from time to time. I doubt mine on a weekly basis. You are an awesome mom.
Your boys love you so much...you can see it in their eyes.
I hope you are feeling better this morning after a relaxing evening with your hubby.
Much love to you!
Honey, routinely! As they get older, it doesn't get any better either! Just wait until you feel INVISIBLE. UGH! Last night Hunter had a choral program at school. After it was over it was still warm and sunny so "I" "ME" (not his father) thought it would be nice to take him and his friend Jacob to get an Icie at the Beech Hut. So, they got in line both of the boys politely said "thank you, Dad, Kevin". They didn't even say squat to me. What am I, chopped souie????? It wasn't even his idean. That bothered me all night long. See if I ever bring it up to take them for anything or let Kevin take them for anything like that again. Straight home they go for now on!!! So, I am right there with you sister!
christy h. =(
Hey girl....I know we all have days like you described. Enjoy your movie....it is a good one. I cried within the 1st few minutes ---- Travis thinks I am a little too emotional though!!!
Diana
Oh we've ALL had days like this! You certainly aren't alone!
I hope today is a better day :)
Yup.. I think daily about how I have or can let my kids down.. sometimes.. It inspires me.. and sometimes I feel like a total failure...
One of the things I struggle with is an overweight child... I feel like such a bad mommy because he is.. and then I feel horrible because I have him go to school everyday where he's picked on.. and I continue to think WHAT AM I doing WRONG... When I have to open my eyes and say "What are those parents teaching their kids..?" that Size makes a person???
After almost 18 years of parenting... I feel stronger as a mommy... but the challenges never stop.. nor do I think they ever will... Grandkids might be our second chances to do it better... LOL LOL... I'm hoping!!
I think you're doing wonderful!! EVERY SINGLE MOM struggles.. all our challenges are different... Not one of us is perfect!! That's for sure!!
Post a Comment