Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Howdeee!

I Hope you guys are enjoying your day so far.
I'm going to ramble a bit....I'm gettin' quite good at it ain't I!

Yesterday morning I went to the gym and ran 4 miles on the treadmill, then took my muscle flex class.
Came home cleaned house.

Blake had a T-Ball game yesterday evening. We had great weather. One of my favorite girls (and Jarrett's "girlfriend") Allie came with us to watch Blake play. That made Blake feel special. He played really good.
Blake loves to fall down....that's just something Blake has always done. Michael's trying to get it through Blake's head that everytime he goes for the ball he doesn't have to fall down. So far we haven't had a breakthrough yet.
Michael handed out the game ball last night, and it wasn't given to Blake...and Blake got a little upset. He threw his glove down and said "Daddy doesn't think that I played good." So we had to talk him through that one. Michael explained to him that he will get his turn. That's hard for little ones to understand.

Jarrett also helped Michael coach again. Jarrett really likes doing that. He's such a good big bubby.

Yesterday evening, after Blake's game, we went to the mall (Hibbett Sports) and I bought some new running shoes. The ones I had been wearing were not "running" shoes....they were aerobic shoes. They had begun to hurt my feet. After trying on about 8 pair....and learning ALOT about running shoes. I wound up getting some Asics Gel-Nimbus...they feel wonderful.

They have the Asics Gel Cushioning System in the heels and front of the shoe. It is designed to help protect the foot by absorbing the impact. Which inturn helps protect your knees and back.
Now you know some running shoe info too!
Yes...Yes...I know...you can thank me later!

I just got home from taking the Blakester to preschool and then going to the gym. I ran another 4 miles today. Hip-Hip-Hooray!

My plans for today consist of picking up the house and then I'm going to cook some Thai food. YUMMY! I'm having Sesame Ginger Chicken with rice, noodles and I even bought some fortune cookies. Jarrett and Blake love those! That might just be my bribe factor to get them to eat.
Michael is going fishing with our Youth Pastor this evening....so it's just going to be me and my boys. I'm guessing that we will probably spend the evening outside playing ball or something. It will be nice to have no agenda this evening.

Ok...now I want to share something with you.
If you have read the past few posts...you will totally appreciate this.
I came home yesterday and I had this devotion waiting for me from Proverbs 31 ministries (I subscribe to a daily email devotion) in my email. I was blown away! I didn't know God had email!!!! The timing of this was perfect. Here it is...


April 21, 2008

BFF
Written by: Susanne Scheppmann

“But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.”
Proverbs 18:24b (NIV)

Devotion:

Do you know what BFF means? Neither did I. However, I discovered that BFF is something that we all long for and need in our lives. Here’s how I learned the meaning for the acronym BFF.

Recently, I spoke at a conference in California where a beautiful young woman worked the soundboard. I was desperate to have all the sessions recorded, so I could produce a good quality promotional CD. Although I try to record myself on a small digital recorder, it seems something always happens. The battery goes dead. The microphone doesn’t work. Or more than likely, I forget to turn on the recorder. So as I said, I was desperate.

But this sweet servant of the Lord smiled at me, crossed her fingers tightly in front of my face, and said, “I will be your BFF this weekend.” A blank looked must have crossed, because she grinned and translated: “best friend forever.”

Do you remember in grade school when your BFF was whoever you happened to be playing with in the sandbox on that day? Do you remember in high school when your BFF was the girl who could be trusted to know about your crush on a certain, cute boy? Do you remember at your wedding when your BFF stood beside you in a bride’s maid dress? Do you know where all those women are today that you once deemed your “best friend forever?” Me neither.

As I pondered the phrase, “best friend forever,” I realized whom it most appropriately applies to: Jesus. We can always know where He is – He is right by our side daily! The bible describes Jesus as a friend who sticks closer to us than a brother does. He wants us to believe Him and to walk beside Him. Just as with any friendship, time must be spent to build an intimate relationship. We make time to go to lunch, coffee, or shopping with our girlfriends. Do we make time for Jesus in our day-to-day life? Do we deem Him our BFF? Or is He just a friend on Sunday mornings when we attend church?

Let’s decide today to concentrate on our relationship with Jesus. Let’s make time to spend with Him on a one-to-one basis. Grab a cup of coffee and have your devotional in a quiet place. Make time to develop your relationship with Jesus. He’s the best Friend you will ever find!

Dear Lord, I want You to be my Best Friend Forever. Remind me each day to spend time with You and to develop my friendship with You. I thank You and praise You, for You are a friend that is closer than a brother. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

9 comments:

Tanja said...

I have the very same running shoe. Bought them back a couple years ago when I took up running. I don't run as much now, but when I do, those are some great shoes.

Anonymous said...

4 miles!! OMG! That's incredible!

I haven't checked your blog in a while. The last time I read you were at 2 miles. Girl...you have kicked butt! That's awesome! I need to get myself in shape. You are very inspiring!!

Thai food. I agree! YUMMY! What time is supper??????

Loved the devotion. God is the BFF we ever need! He's all we need!

Love
Karen

Faith said...

This post is awesome!!! I am counting this as my devotional for the day! (just kidding...it will just add to it..I was reading about the sovereignty of God this a.m)...and yes...the Lord is the only BFF we will ever need who loves us unconditionally!!

Love your new running shoes too!
I've been wearing the same LLBean aerobic shoe for power walking for 9 years now...I am not kidding..they are awesome and still look fairly new. I love a good work out shoe!
You are inspiring me to get out right now and go walk/run...my housework for the afternoon is done, my morning at work was really productive...so...off I go! It is 77 outside right now...hope you are having a good day!

Diane Meyer said...

Jennifer, that was an awesome, uplifting, encouraging post. Thanks for writing it.
Also, I am loving your new asics. Boy do I covet those!

Michelle said...

DiDi!!!!!!!!


Covet?

Not you!

Anonymous said...

Great Post Jennifer! We tend to tell our emotions, things that bother us, etc, you get the pic..to our girlfriends...when we should be telling the Lord, God is so Good, he never fails us, and always looks out for our best interest!!! Just like when ya'll run in the mornings, Your BFF is running with ya...TERRIFIC POST, that's why I come back and read!!! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

You runner you!! I'm proud of ya!

I hope you enjoyed your evening with the boys and Mike enjoyed his fishing trip.

Great devotion too. That truly was perfect timing.

M

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing that devotion! It was wonderful and very encouraging.

Nicole said...

You are doing great with your running...I have had to do so much 'running' this week that I haven't gotten to exercise any and it has made me quite the sour puss!

I started subscribing to those devotions but I liked it better when I didn't...because every now and then one would get forwarded to me (usually by you) and it would always apply to me and what was going on at the time. I am always amazed at how something like a devotion or an email from a friend always comes at the perfect time.