CAUTION: LOTS OF RAMBLING.....here goes..
Well...as you know....Michael was out of town last week. He was looking forward to arriving home at the airport around 1:00 on Friday afternoon and spending the rest of his day with us. That didn't happen. He didn't get home until 3:00 AM Saturday morning!! ARG! (pirate voice)
His flight out of Kansas was delayed 5 hours, due to severe storms. Then, when he arrived in Atlanta to board his connecting flight, that flight was delayed several times also...after finally boarding the plane and sitting on the plane for 2 1/2 hours waiting to take off...the flight was cancelled. Isn't that just wonderful!! We were not happy. He wanted to be home and we wanted him home!
After sitting at the airport for that long duration....he got to know a couple of guys that lived in Johnson City and Jonesborough and they wound up going in together and renting a car and driving home.
It was a LONG day for Michael.
Friday night one of Jarrett's friends spent the night with us....so while Michael was trying to get home, I was at home with the guys. I spent part of my evening watching Star Wars with them....then refereeing several lightsaber fights. They didn't get in the bed until late...very late. They had some big fun.
On Saturday, Michael attended a Men's Retreat at our church that morning, Jarrett was set to have baseball practice, but it was cancelled because the field was nothing but mud. Jarrett wound up going to a birthday party that I had RSVP'D that we couldn't attend due to BB practice....so that worked out well. Then Saturday evening Michael's Mom and Dad came over and surprised us for a visit.
While they were here Michael got a call from the company he works for saying that a storage facility, at the plant, that has some of his environmental supplies had caught fire. So Michael went in to make sure everything was taken care of and disposed of properly. Nancy and I decided to go out and do a little shopping (Nancy and Danny are in the process of remodling their den and she needed some new decor)....Papaw Dan (Michael's Dad)said he would stay home with Jarrett and Blake and we went out. We had fun, as always.
Michael made it back home in a couple of hours and so did we.....then we sat around and talked until late Saturday night.
Now on to Sunday.....we had a guest speaker Sherrel Nave (he was also the speaker at the men's retreat Saturday) at church Sunday morning. It was a very moving sermon. We are having a revival at our church in the next few weeks. He said he was getting us prepared to be revived!
Then we came home, had lunch and took our Sunday naps....while watching Nascar. I slept for 3 hours!!
Then back to our evening service and after the service we had a finger food social for our Pastor and his wife. They have been at our church for a year now...and we wanted to celebrate that. It's hard to believe that a year has passed. We are so blessed to have them. We had a good turnout. I'm sure they were blessed to see how loved they both are!!
I just got home from the gym and I'm going to be cleaning a little bit, then the Blakester and I are going outside to play in the sunshine! YIPEEE!
This evening they both have baseball practice.
Told ya...lots of rambling....hope you hung in there until the end =-)
Monday, April 7, 2008
Our Weekend
Posted by
Jennifer
at
12:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















8 comments:
That's wonderful...That's what blogs are all about! Hope your week is as wonderful as your weekend!
So sorry to hear bout M's struggles in the airport. It seems to be an epidemic!
I know it didnt seem like things were going as planned...but isnt it funny how Gods plan is always pretty good after all.
Enjoy your week! I am uber proud of you for going to the gym!
My posts are always rambling. I am sure you are happy Michael is home.
I would like to be in Colonial Heights again since that is my old stomping grounds!
I love rambling...honest! You're just answering what we'd be asking...So how was your weekend? So see, it's not ramblin'.
Mine was actually spent in bed with very achy bones and a fever. But I am fine today PTL!
I haven't commented yet on your Disney pics...but I have watched all the slide shows and loved every minute of it! I am so happy you guys got to go and had such a nice time!
My hubby grew up in California and he went to Disneyland quite often. That's where we went for our honeymoon! There really is no place like it, is there?
If Disney is so wonderful, I cannot even fathom how great Heaven will be!! Some sweet day I'll see my earthly father and my Heavenly Father!!
That's just terrible Jennifer that Mike had to go through all of that. I'm sure he was exhausted when he finally made it home.
Sounds like you had an eventfull weekend.
It is great that you have such a close bond with your in-laws. Be very thankful...I never had that with mine.
I'm playing catch up with your blog and I just read your Disney story too. It sounds like you all had a fantastic time together. Lots of great pictures too! We haven't visited Disney in years and you certainly brought it all back. It's wonderful how you and your family have so much fun together. You are a phenomenal Mom! These memories will last a lifetime and Jarrett and Blake will love you forever for making them.
I love you
Sharon
wow a 3 hour nap!!!! I would LOOVE to have a 3 hour nap on a Sunday!
Heavenly...
Church sounds like it was great that it refreshed you. Hope revival is wonderful.
Oh my gosh 1379 pics in disney??? wow! I am glad you guys had such a marvelous time. We go every year around Thanksgiving. Love it.
Well you guys have been busy! I had to laugh at the lightsaber fight- my boys are all about star wars these days too. I think we have every lightsaber available in the known world.
I love sitting around and talking with my hubs!
Post a Comment