Thursday, November 1, 2007

Chargers vs Lynn Garden

This evening the 1st year Chargers had a game against Lynn Garden Lynxes at The Boys Club. We won 20-6!! Woo-Hoo!!! Jarrett had a GREAT game!! He made 2 huge tackles and then assisted on another!! His coach picked him up after one of his solo tackles and said "Way to go Foxy!!" Jarrett was smiling from ear to ear. It was great. Jarrett LOVES playing tackle football....we have had so much fun doing this. As a family, have made so many new friends during this season of football. It's just awesome how the Lord brings people together, making lasting friendships, even through football. We feel so blessed.
It's been a long season, but Jarrett has loved every single second of it and so have we. This is the only picture I took tonight....this was right after one of his tackles...We have one more Boys Club game next week and our big Championship game at Daniel Boone High School on Saturday. I can't wait, it will be another great game I'm sure!! Go Chargers!!!! I hate to see this season end....but what a way to end it...UNDEFEATED!!!

Basketball will start in a couple of weeks. Jarrett really likes basketball too, he wants to play in two different leagues this season. He will be playing Upward Basketball at our church (Michael and I will be his coaches =) ) and he is also going to play CHAC Basketball at his school. Jarrett has had football practice every evening, during the week, for the past 13 weeks for at least 2 hours each evening. He has stuck right with it, never complaining once. So playing in two different leagues for basketball shouldn't be a problem for him as far as time/homework goes. We couldn't possibly be gone anymore than we are already...which is every night during the week. Even on Wednesdays, we don't go to football practice because we have church but, Jarrett has AWANA also Michael and I have choir practice. =) So we don't get a break on Wednesdays either. As long as Jarrett loves it....it's just fine we us!! =) We are having a great time!!

We were going to keep Jarrett out of school tomorrow (Jarrett needs personal days too =) )and Michael was taking the day off so we could take that trip to Dollywood that got cancelled last week. But, Jarrett informed us that he didn't want to miss a day of school or day of football practice. See what I mean about loving it!!!


I typed this really fast.....I wanted to get this on here tonight for Mamaw and Papaw ;) . I hope it makes sense. Time to go curl up under my blanket and watch my all-time favorite show....ER.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY JEN!!! LOVE THE PICS & UPDATES! YA'LL LOOK GREAT!! I MISS YOU!