Sunday, November 11, 2007

Don't Be Fooled By The Smoke And Mirrors!

I had a good friend say to me a few days ago......"I can't hardly look at your blog, because it makes me so jealous of your perfect life!"
Let's get something straight here and now!!
I DON'T have a perfect life and I'm DEFINITELY NOT a perfect person.

In so many different ways I fail...

-I'm not the perfect Mother.
-Not the perfect Wife.
-Not the perfect Christian.
-Not the perfect Friend.
-Not the perfect housekeeper. =)
-Not the perfect Cook.
-I don't have perfect kids.
-I don't have the perfect marriage.
-I don't have the perfect house.
-I don't have the perfect family
-I make ALOT of mistakes.
-I have hurt friends and family by not thinking before I speak.
-I don't read my Bible like I should.
-I don't pray like I should.
-I have a bad temper.
-I struggle with depression from time to time.
-I have too many pet peeves, about things that don't even matter.
-I let my priorities get totally out of whack sometimes.
-I can be extremely stubborn.
-I tend to be very sarcastic.
-I worry too much about silly things.
-I bite my nails.
-I pop zits on my face...when I know it just makes them worse.
-I let my boys eat too many Hot Fudge Sundae Poptarts for breakfast!
-I'm probably on my computer more than I should be...

BUT......

-I do know when to say I'm sorry.
-When to give a hug.
-When to swallow my pride.
-When to say I love you.
-When to admit when I'm wrong.
-When to simply shut up and listen.
-I try to never judge someone too harshly, because you never know what they may be struggling with.
-I give second chances.
-I try to be positive as much as I can about most everything.
-I am an encourager.
-I care about people and I try to show it as often as I can.
-I love people for who they are...not for who I think they should be.
-I love to have fun.
-When I think someone looks great...I tell them! Life is too short and you shouldn't keep compliments to yourself...tell the person so they can enjoy it....before time passes or they pass away.
-I've learned to love myself.
-I have a forgiving heart...but, I also have the brains to know when to forgive and also say enough is enough, cut my losses then MOVE ON.
-When someone asks me to keep a secret...I DO!!!
-I try to never hold a grudge....no matter what someone does or says....because life is too short to judge someone. You never know what demons they are dealing with.
-I learn from my mistakes...and try to do better.
-When someone needs me, I'm there.
-I love my Husband, My boys, My family, and My Friends.....and would do anything for any one of them!!!!
-AND.....I'm in love with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!!! I don't have to be perfect!!! Just forgiven!!!! ;) and I AM =)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS POST.
I DON'T KNOW ANYONE ELSE THAT WOULD BE BOLD ENOUGH TO POINT OUT THEIR IMPERFECTIONS LIKE THIS.
BUT DON'T TRY TO KID YOURSELF OR ANYONE ELSE. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL PERSON.

Anonymous said...

This is great. I love the one about forgiving but also knowing when to say enough is enough. I have gotten burnt by not knowing when enough is enough, because I thought I had to forgive AND then try to have a relationship with the person again. Forgiveness is all Jesus asks of us. I have found out the hard way some people never grow up and are so self absorbed that they only care about themselves. It's best just to keep a safe distance, be nice, pray for them, but like you said MOVE ON! Keep up the great blogging.
Love you girl!!
Molly

Anonymous said...

Jennifer

How refreshing it was to read this. You just put it out there, as if to say, take me as I am!

No one is perfect and I hate when someone tries to portray that they are.

You are such a special lady! You inspire me.

Love
-Ann

Luigi e Mariella said...

We are living through a difficult period when everything seems negative. Thank you for your testimony.

Anonymous said...

Jenn
You can always brighten my day! I woke up this morning in a rotten mood. I just finished reading this entry and found myself smiling and I didn't even want to.
I love you and everything you stand for. Thank you for being my friend and just for being the person you are. I think you are pretty close to perfect and I have known you for a long, long time!!

You guys need to come see us soon.
Take care

Anonymous said...

This is good. I love reading your blog. I check it almost every day.
I'm glad your Mom is doing good. I saw the picture of her with Jarrett at the game. She looks happy.
Melinda