Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Roller Coaster of a Day!

Yesterday was an emotional day for us....actually it was like an emotional roller coaster. We were really upset about Tiger, when he wasn't home yesterday morning, we had lost hope. It may sound silly to you if you have never had a pet that you consider family....but, to those that have, I know you can sympathize.
Then....I attended a funeral yesterday afternoon. It was for twins that were born prematurely at 22 weeks....a boy and a girl. I have never attended a funeral for a baby before.....I hope to never have to do it again. It was very sad. One sure thing is that those little babies are angels in Heaven now! They're much better off than we are on this old earth! It is still so sad for those left behind to grieve. Please remember that family in your prayers.
Then when we found Tiger....we were so happy!
Then.....last night after Jarrett's football practice...we worked on our shoe boxes for "Operation Christmas Child". I love to do something for someone else.....and....just knowing that two sweet little boys would have some presents on Christmas....definitely makes me smile =). Blake was so tired....he went to bed at 6:45!!!! So Jarrett, Michael and myself prepared the boxes to send. Jarrett loved every second of it. Like I've said before he has a big heart! When we went to get the toys for the shoe boxes he wanted to buy every toy in the store for them. By doing projects like this....I hope it will teach Jarrett and Blake empathy for others. (This Summer we went to an Assisted Living center once a week and visited with the residents. The boys really enjoyed it....we would eat lunch with them and play bingo. =) We spent most of our time with the Alzheimer's patients. Since school has started back we haven't gotten to go back, but we plan to go during the holidays.)
Anyway.....We wrapped the shoe boxes with shiny red wrapping paper then filled them with toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, washcloths, candy, toys, stickers, crayons, pencils, paper, a jump rope,....we really packed it in there. We also put a picture of our family with our address on the back of the picture. This was a suggestion from the "Operation Christmas Child" brochure. So I hope we get a little note from the boys that get them. That would be great!
For a day to start out so sad......it ended a lot different.
That just shows when things look gloomy......the sunshine is never too far away!! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know we all have days like these. You are very inspirational to me.
Karen