This morning Jarrett got up, came in our bedroom and said.."Come on Mommy and see how much money I got."....he hadn't looked yet and wanted me to be in there when he looked. At that moment I got a sick feeling because I realized that I didn't put money under his pillow for his tooth!!! I was hoping that Michael remembered. Last night we watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry....it was funny movie, but not the greatest by far....we both fell asleep before it was over....and we forgot to perform our Tooth Fairy duties.
Anyway....I went in his room and was still hoping that maybe Michael had remembered to put it under there this morning before he went to work. Jarrett lifted up his pillow and no money. The disappointment that was on his face...just killed me. He said..."I wonder what happened??" I said..."Maybe the Tooth Fairy didn't see it." He looked at me and said "Mommy...I know there is no such thing as Fairies." What could I say to that???!!! I tried to play it off at first then I thought...I am NOT going to lie to him, because WE messed up. So after I got his breakfast ready and he was sitting at the kitchen table, I said...."You are exactly right Jarrett....there isn't a Tooth Fairy." I explained to him that it is fun for little kids to believe in that....but he was old enough to know the truth, then I gave him the money for his tooth. He smiled and said..."I KNEW IT!!" He just started laughing. I told him that me and Daddy always put money under his pillow and I saved his teeth in his baby book. He was so proud that I felt like he was old enough to know the truth! We bonded at little bit more at that moment =-)
I guess we are trying to keep our boys little as long as we can. Jarrett probably knew for a while, but just continued to play along. (I still rock Blake in our rocking chair before he goes to bed!! I will as long as he continues to let me....even if his feet are touching the ground while I'm rocking him. tee-hee-hee)
After Jarrett ate and went upstairs to get his clothes on he said "Mommy can we put my tooth back under my pillow and not tell Daddy that I know the truth so I can get more money from him??" I laughed, but told him no. That Jarrett.....he's a sneaky one!!!!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Tooth Fairy Revealed
Posted by
Jennifer
at
7:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















1 comment:
I loved that story!
-Ann
Post a Comment