Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sundays...

Sunday is probably my favorite day of the week. We, as Americans, have the freedom to go to church and learn more about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and worship his holy name. That is such a blessing that I too often take for granted.
Then we usually go out to eat, after our service, and fellowship with some of our wonderful christian friends.
Then come home and take our Sunday naps. =)
Today was no different....
Church, eat and then naps.
Except today we were all very sleepy. Last night we had a small post-game get together at our house and didn't get into bed until late. Which is fine by me.....I'm always up for some late night FUN!!! tee-hee-hee
Anyway.....so today we were very serious about our nap taking. Jarrett and Blake got in their sleeping bags to take a nap. They were so cozy in those sleeping bags. I used to LOVE to sleep in my sleeping bag when I was little, I had a Smurf one, and I remember getting down in that sleeping bag and feeling so warm, safe, and cozy!!! I always slept so good.
Then back to church we go....for children's choir practice, adult choir practice and then our church service. Sundays are definitely not LAZY Sundays....but very enjoyable all the same!!
Tonight, a family from our church invited us to come over and watch the recorded Colts and Patriots game. It was so much fun...they had made a big pot of soup and the guys went upstairs to watch the game. While the ladies stayed downstairs laughing, talking and eating.
We are just so incredibly blessed to have a wonderful church like we do. We, as a church, have gone through alot of changes in the past year. We have been without a pastor, youth pastor and music minister all at the same time. I do, however, feel like it has brought the congregation, as a whole, closer...during this transition time. We now have a wonderful Pastor that is filled with the Holy Spirit. Our Worship Pastor is a very driven young man that is very focused on the Lord. We also have a Youth Pastor that we have hired and will be coming to our church full time shortly. It's amazing how the Lord works and we just have to be patient and let it happen in his time....not ours. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for our church!!
We moved to this area about 10 years ago and started going to our church about 9 years ago. We didn't know one single person when we began going to our church. But, now we know most everyone and we consider it our family away from our family. If that makes any sense =)
I just want to thank God for how he works in my life. I would have never thought 9 years ago that we would have friends that feel like family to us and that we could count on for anything. That is just a blessing in itself. The Lord knew what he was doing when he guided us along our way as a newly married couple to our church. God is Good....All The Time!!!!!
As you can tell I am feeling very blessed and thankful tonight!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I look through your blog, I am continually amazed at how our lives share mutual friends. "Coach Lewis" was one of Rob's cohorts in the District Attorney's office and often went with Rob to UT games. We have watched his son Logan grow from a little guy like yours and mine into a wonderful teenager who just spent a lot of time in the book store recently telling Andrew all about Pokemon cards and how to play. I know he'll be a good influence on Jarrett. (Did you know that Lewis played football for UT?)
Then I page down even further and find that you all have the Ottenfelds for next door neighbors. I grew up with their girls all around me. No one was exactly my age but they were above and below me!
It's a small world! Keep up the good work on the blog - I love checking in on you all!! Jamie