Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Busy, Rainy Wednesday

Today Blake and I ran around pretty much all morning doing errands. Fun-Fun-Fun!
We had planned to go eat lunch with Jarrett at school, but we ran out of time :-( . But, Mamaw Na Na and Papaw Dan called to see what we were doing right about the time I realized that we couldn't make it in time to eat with Jarrett. We decided to met and eat lunch together. So it all worked out...I just hated Jarrett couldn't go with us.

(Nancy...Michael's Mom--aka Mamaw Na Na...had a doctors appointment in Kingsport today. Please remember her in your prayers. She lost hearing in her left ear about 3 weeks ago...lost her balance and was really sick, vomiting. She went to the doctor and they pretty much assumed that she had an inner ear infection. It's been 3 weeks and she still can not hear out of her left ear. She went to a ENT doctor today and found out that she has a Viral Infection in her ear and she has lost 100% of her hearing in her left ear and may never get it back. She is scheduled for an MRI on November 28 and goes back for the results on November 30. The doctor wanted to do an MRI to rule out a Stroke or Tumor. We are all pretty shocked about her hearing. She says it is really annoying....and she never thought that she would get the news today that it could be permanent hearing loss. So...again....please remember her in your prayers now....and for her upcoming MRI.)

So after she finished with her doctors appointment. Blake and I met Nancy and Danny for lunch...then they came back to the house and spent all afternoon with us. It was nice.
Nancy, Danny and My Mom all live in Big Stone Gap, VA. It's about an hour away. They're so good to come to see Jarrett play in his various sports. It means so much to us. Grandparents are so important....and I'm so thankful that Jarrett and Blake....in MY opinion....have some of THE BEST!!! I think a close, loving relationship with Grandparents make a huge difference in a childs life and holds it weight in gold!
We didn't make it to church tonight. We stayed home. We haven't missed church on Wednesday night in a LONG time. It was raining and we were just lazy! No excuses here!!
We just sat around talking with Nancy and Danny. We even had a coloring contest...ha..ha..ha. Jarrett and Blake were really hyped up tonight....so Nancy said..."Let's Color!". Thinking that would keep them still for a little while and out of trouble. So Jarrett and Blake got their crayons and coloring books and started coloring. Then, before I knew it I was coloring (I love to color) and Nancy was too......then, Jarrett decides we were having a coloring contest. Papaw Dan was the judge.....it ended in a tie......Jarrett and Blake won. Papaw knows how to keep peace ;-)
Then they stayed and watched the new show on NBC, Phenomenon, with us. That show is really neat. Lots of illusions and magic. Jarrett and Blake were glued to the TV. Then after Mamaw and Papaw left they had their own little magic show in the den. It was too cute!!
Family is great. Time spent like this.....doing nothing in particular....but spending time together....create memories that Jarrett and Blake will never forget.....and always cherish. I think it adds to the men they will become one day. Knowing how important family and relationships, in general, are....and to never take them for granted.

Nancy was really serious about her coloring! Oh...yes...and our seriously lazy Tiger!! He laid with me in the chair all stretched out while we watched Phenomenon. I couldn't resist taking this picture of our silly kitty!! =-)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: