Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Buncha Busy Bees

Bee


Today has been a busy day.
This morning...I got Jarrett off to school, took Blake to preschool...then I was off to the gym. I hopped onto the scales at the gym and to my surprise I had GAINED 2 lbs! YIKES! Ladies...I'm not doing to well for the first week of our Weight Loss Challenge!!! I have eaten like a big pig the past few days. Oh well....it'll be ALLRIGHT =-) I've still got until Friday..right!!!
Ok...Then I was going for my gyno appointment and low and behold I had some unexpected company...Aunt Flo came to visit! She just shows up without even calling. How rude! So I had to call and cancel my gyno appointment and reschedule because when Aunt Flo comes to visit...you can't go to the gyno....no way...no how. Because she shows up unannounced and then you can't get her to leave!! Don't worry you will get it in a minute!
Anyway.....so after running a few errands. I picked Blake up from preschool and we played outside for a little while. It was nice outside today....temp was 66 degrees here in TN. One day the high is 35 degrees....the next day the high temp is 66 degrees. No wonder everyone is getting SICK!! You know....I shouldn't complain at all! During the Winter months...I used to get depressed, but now we don't hardly have a Winter season anymore. So I don't have time to get depressed. Yes...somedays we still have some chilly temps...but, for the most part it is mild temps. That keeps me happy! It only makes me wish I was on the beach...laying in the sun in my beach chair as the waves splash over my feet with a gentle breeze blowing just enough to keep me cool and comfortable and I watch the little airplanes fly over telling me that Wings has beach chairs on sale 2 for $30 today only!!!!....ahhhh. I LOVE THE BEACH! I want to go to the BEACH!!!!
beach
Ok...Then I had to pick Jarrett up from school a little early for HIS doctor appointment. His annual well check was due. We got there and waited in the waiting room for about 20 minutes....then they took Jarrett, Blake and I....into the actual examination room and we had to wait another 20 minutes!! Jarrett and Blake were getting restless....and silly. Jarrett and Blake are typical boys and they love the noises their bodies can make. We call those noises "toots" at our house. They were making the "tooting" noises with their mouths.....and laughing their heads off. By the time the doctor made it into the room.....I was fit to be tied!! I get so aggravated at those two sometimes....but, they both know how to make me laugh....and believe me they use it to their advantage. UGH!
Jarrett's unlucky number this week so far has been 3! Yesterday 3 cavities at the dentist....today 3 shots at the pediatricians. Jarrett got his flu shot, his chicken pox booster and a hepatitis shot. Blake also got a flu shot while we were there. I thought it was a little late in the season for flu shots, but they suggested it....so what do I know??!!!!
Then after the doctor visit.....Jarrett had a play/musical at school called "My Planet-Your Planet" it was cute. It was about how to preserve our environment. (Michael was all about it!! Michael is Mr. Recycle Man!!) Some of the kids had individual speaking/singing parts. Jarrett didn't. He just sang along with the choir. It was cute. They sang some catchy little tunes!
Then back home around 8:30.
I am getting very random with my posts lately. This just kinda gives you a peek into our lives...I guess. Sort of like a reality show...without the cameras.
One more thing....here's what I have to put up with while I'm having my computer time.....

This chic already thinks she owns this place!!! LOL!!!


Snowflake Divider

7 comments:

Keri said...

Cute kitty!

Boo for doctors- especially the gyno!

I'd love to be on the beach too right about now. If you're going I'm coming with :)

Tam said...

Hello, I have been MIA and am catching up all that I missed. I am glad your little one is feeling better! Glad the little princess is adjusting well! Just wanted to say hello while I stalked your blog

Sonya said...

Daisy is so cute, how can you not let her do these things!!!! My kitties do the same thing. We have four but one in particular likes to climb on me very early in the morning (while I'm snoozing) and smack me gently with her paw. She wants to be fed and I'm the one she comes to! Not fun!

Anonymous said...

Who is this Aunt Flo person?
[Joking]

M

Rachel said...

Boys and their noises!
I feel your pain!!! I think that is hysterical that you refer to them as TOOTS! LOL!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know what you are going through with your new computer cat. My cat Elliott just loves to sit right down in front of the screen and beg for attention. If I ignore him he lays on my hand as I try to work the mouse. He also loves Bible time. He enjoys sitting on my lap in front of the book and then tries to turn the pages for me. The only problem is I'm not done reading. He also loves to pull on the ribbons that extend from my Bible. These cats can be a nuisance but we love them and things would not be the same without them.

Kristie said...

Aunt Flo is a hag. ;-) Anyway, too cute with the princess and tell Michael I said to rock on with his recycling ways... I got a T-shirt that has a recycling symbol, and then it says, "Green is Sexy"... Maybe you should get one too?