Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Feeling Better...

Good Morning....
Blake is feeling much better. Me...however...I'm still trying to muzzle this cough... LOL!!!

German Shephard

Thank you so much for your comments of concern. It made me smile =-)
This week we have doctor appts and dentist appts to take care of. They all came due at the same time. Hopefully, all of our "service checks" will be A-ok.
Yesterday morning....Jarrett and Blake had their 6 month checkup at our dentist. They LOVE going to the dentist!! I always did too.....but, I never had a cavity until I was 31 years old. So...I always went to the dentist for cleanings....nothing painful. So I never associated the dentist with pain. Jarrett and Blake have always had good reports from the dentist. Yesterday, Blake STILL had a good report. Jarrett, however, had 3 cavities!!!!! Holy-Moly! I was shocked!! The dentist said it was not due to his brushing habits (he might have told me that to make me feel better because he could see how shocked I was)....he said it looked like enamel on those teeth didn't form properly. The dentist asked if Jarrett had a high fever when he was little....I told him he had "Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease" when he was 11 months old and he spiked a fever of 105. The dentist said that could've been the culprit. So we go back in a few weeks for fillings. Jarrett is very teeth conscious. Probably because his mommy is a teeth fanatic!!!!! That's one of the first things that I notice about someone. Jarrett was asking the dentist about getting braces. Jarrett feels like his front teeth come out too far. The dentist told him his front teeth had not finished growing yet and that the problem will probably take care of itself. But, we plan to get Jarrett braces...IF he needs them....as soon as he looses all of his baby teeth. I would like for him to get them in the early years of middle school so he can have them off in high school. That's the plan anyway!
Sooooo....after the dentist....before I took Jarrett back to school....Blake, Jarrett and I went and had lunch at one of our favorite restaurants...Cheddars. It was just me and my little men. We had fun. When they weren't punching each other or fussing....that is....B-O-Y-S!!!! LOL!!
Also...Jarrett couldn't enjoy himself at the restaurant for worrying about the work he was going to have to make up when he got back to school. He almost wouldn't go eat lunch because of it. Gee-Whiz my son....live a little!!!! When he got home from school he said he only had 2 pages to make up....and that his teachers said they were jealous because he got to eat at Cheddars.

Ok....here's a little $$$ saving tid-bit. Jarrett had 2 practically brand new pairs of shoes....a pair of Heeleys and a pair of Nikes. Both have torn up...in the past week! The tongue of the shoe on the Heeleys came out.....and then some of the stitching on the Nikes came loose. I thought about taking them back....but, we have had the Heeleys for 3 months and the Nikes for probably 4. So I took them to a local Shoe Repair shop and had them both repaired for $5.38! I thought that was great. They look good as new. The moral to this little story is....don't go by NEW ones....get the old ones repaired. If that's feasable!

Snowflake Divider

4 comments:

~cassie~ said...

The german shepard pic made me laugh...Hee hee!

Rachel said...

Ha-Ha-Ha
I am still laughing at the German Shepard picture. You are hysterical!
I can not believe you never had a cavity until you were in your 30's! I'm impressed. Cavities at our house are nothing out of the ordinary. My 3 sons have had lots.
Thanks for the shoe repair tip. I actually never thought about doing that before. I would just go and buy new. I need to learn to be a saver instead of a spender.
You inspire me!

Rachel said...

Hi blogger buddy.
I just sent a blogger award your way.
Stop by my blog and pick it up.

Sonya said...

Did you take them to Harold, the shoe repairman who used to have his shop in Burlington Coat Factory? I know he's moved and has his own place now. I used to work at Burlington :-o)