Ok here's my story....
My wonderful long time friend from high school, Melissa, and I went to a Clay Walker
concert held in Bristol, TN in 1998. We went out to dinner before the concert then decided to go to the concert a little early to find our seats. We were very excited. We both thought Clay Walker was the cutest thing and also the guy that was in concert with Clay, Kenny Chesney.
Kenny wasn't that big of a name YET. Melissa and I only knew a couple of his songs.
So, anyway, we found our parking place near the building and had to walk past a football field. As we were walking...with our cowboy hats and jeans(LOL!!).....we looked over and saw some guys playing football. We investigated a little closer and to our suprise it was....
KENNY CHESNEY AND PEYTON MANNING!!!!!!
They were passing football with a few others. We couldn't believe our eyes. From what I understand they are good friends.
We calmly strolled over to the field....trying to be as nochalant as we possibly could be.
Peyton threw Kenny the football right over to were Melissa and I where standing. Kenny caught it right in front of us....he put his hand over his heart and said "I am getting too old for this." We laughed. He had on old blue jeans, no shoes, a flannel shirt with the sleeves cut out and a baseball cap. He was looking pretty darn cute!!!!!
Then Peyton walked over to where we were standing with Kenny and said hello....then he said "So, where are you ladies from?" We told him Kingsport, TN. Peyton said he had come there for the concert.(Peyton actually came out on stage during the concert) I remember that Peyton had on shorts and a t-shirt. I also remember the fact that he was SOOO TALL! He looked like a giant. I am 5"7' and he towered over me. They were both very nice and friendly.
We made small talk for a few minutes....and then they went back into the colliseum.
We didn't even think to get their autographs or anything. We were both star struck! We didn't even have our camera with us!!!! We kicked ourselves all the way home that evening after the concert.
Well.....that's my story about my brush with fame...
Here's your question for the day...
Have YOU ever met anyone famous??
If so....WHO and feel free to tell us about it......
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Posted by
Jennifer
at
7:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















11 comments:
Ok I am sooooooooooo jealous! I was at that concert with Todd. It was right after we started dating and the beginning of my infatuation with Kenny. Oh to be you. He could've fallen in love with me on the spot. Ha Ha!
I am still kicking myself!!!
I love those pictures you added to your post. Beautiful pictures of Clay and Kenny! They're so yummy! Don't tell Paul I said that he would be jealous! You know he would be!!! LOL!!
I haven't had too many brushes with fame to report in my life so far. Two at one time isn't too bad though!
Love you girl!!!
M
Be still my beating heart! :) It sounds like they were enjoying the cowboy hat/jeans ensemble you all were sporting! heehee! Thanks for sharing-I've been waiting all week for that! ;)
Well, my best brush with fame came with my partner in crime, Cindy, at the FunFest Prayer Breakfast in 2002. Kirk Cameron was the guest speaker. I was pg with Abigail, but that didn't stop me from meeting my first preteen crush! :) We stood in line 4ever to get an autograph and pic-you should see the picture she took of us...I have the cheesiest grin! It is hilarious! I also talked 90 miles an hour...talk about star struck! I'm sure I humilated Cindy but she loves me anyway! :)
Have a great day!
Anne P.
One time I was wroking at the March of Dimes telethon and met Micheal Landon.
Back in my head banging days, I met Don Dokken while walking around in a concert arena before a concert. I also stood in line to get autographs from the guys in the group, Winger. I met Aaron Tippin once when I was writing for a newspaper in middle Tennessee. While working at that same newspaper, I interviewed Christopher Douglas, who was on "One Life to Live" at the time. I had the chance to meet Don Imus, but passed that on to another reporter. No regrets there! Bruce and I got back stage passes to meet Sawyer Brown once. And finally, I met Mike Huckabee. Despite horrible work hours and dismal pay, there were perks to getting a journalism degree!
I met Dolly Parton once....probably along with over half of the population in TN! LOL!!!
I don't have any cool famous people stories like you, my friend!
I'm jealous!!!
Wendy
I met Katie Couric and Matt Laurer from the Today Show when I visited NY a few years back.
I even have a picture with them!!
Karen
Joe Theisman was quite a treat... It freaked Tariq out though, b/c he saw how he broke his leg. Pretty intense break. EWWWWW!
I met Captain Kangaroo once! Seriously. Of course he wasn't in character at the time. He was in Albany doing a seminar for those of us in the special education field who were working directly with children with speech/lanugage delays and were abused. He was marvelous and he even signed my book! Of course you are probably way too young to remember Captain Kangaroo. He was to the 1960's what Barney was to the 1990's. LOL
How cool. I a huge Payton fan. I guess I should say a huge Colts fan because of him.
When we were in NYC a few years ago, we saw several news people on the streets but we didn't go up to them or anything. We did, however, go into Rupert Gee's Deli (near Dave Letterman's studio) and we got a picture with him.
Fun! I actually sat to the left and back from Kenny in an advertising class we were taking at ETSU! lol!! We would go see him on Thursday nights at Quarterbacks...he told us that he was going to Nashville to be a songwriter...we all said,"Yeah, right Kenny!" and laughed...a lot. I guess the jokes on us now! lol!!
Post a Comment