Friday, February 1, 2008

Just A Little Rambling..Well, maybe alot.

Yesterday evening Jarrett's CHAC basketball team...The Spurs, played The Heat. It was UGLY! We lost 48-6. OK....It was very UGLY!!! Allie and Jayme got to witness the slaughter too. They still hung right in there with me cheering the Spurs on!=-) Michael didn't get to come, because on Thursdays we have Upward practice and we both coach Jarrett's team. So on these Upward practice days....if Jarrett has a CHAC game we let him do CHAC. So I generally take him to his game, while Michael does the coaching that night for Upward. Jarrett has missed every CHAC game on Saturdays. Oh Well. It will be alright!!
Jarrett scored 2 of the 6 points. Yeah Jarrett!! The Heat were just bigger and better.
Well...that is his last game for this CHAC season. Monday begins the tournament games. We might get in a couple of those we shall see =-)
So....last night after the game Jarrett really showed his Sore Loser attitude. He did a little stomping of his foot when he would get the ball stolen from him or miss a shot. He would visibly show his total disgust with the way the game was going with his facial expressions. IT WAS GREAT!!! (That was me being totally and completely sarcastic with that last statement!) I hate it when he acts like that!!!!! It makes me MAD!! He wouldn't even talk to Allie and Jayme. I had to make him tell them...thanks for coming to my game. I fussed at him all the way home in the van. It wasn't pretty. I told him that even when you lose you still need to hold your head up high....and you should NEVER be a sore loser. Oh, how I hate it when he acts like that!!! I don't know if it's just a competitive boy thing or not.....but if he doesn't get out of that I'm going to have to go on blood pressure meds. Geez-Louise!!

Ok...enough about that. Soooo....Yesterday we get our electric bill and it was $209!!!!!! WHAT!!!! Our house is only 18oo sq ft!!!! I'm sure it's from all of Clark Griswald's (Michael's) Christmas lights, but good grief....it's never been that high!!!! I think I'm going to start staying home (because we can't afford gas!!) IN THE DARK. What are we going to do?? The economy is unbelieveable right now. And as far as our presidential candidates go!!! I have NO problem choosing who NOT to vote for. I'm struggling with who TO vote for. No one...that I have listened to or read about....have any decent Christian morals anymore!!! Which..that's just my little ole' opinion....and I can share it and NOT apologize for it...because this is my little part of blog world that YOU have entered into at your own RISK. =-)
Ok...now I'm done!!

Well....I'm going to end this rant with a pat on the back for ME! I just came home from working out at the gym. Fourth day this week..pat-pat. I have lost 1 pound!!! Yeah ME!!! That's nothing....You may say. But, for me that's alot. I put my focus on my muscle tone. So I eat alot of protein and do cardio, then finish with weights. I usually GAIN weight, before I start losing. Because I am building my muscle tone back up to what it once was. So, seeing the loss of this measely 1 pound....I am VERY happy, because I know I'm finally going to start seeing a difference in my weight loss. Yipeeee =-)

I was thinking......I'm just going to throw this out into Blog Land. Just to see if anybody would want to do this. Would anyone be interested in doing some kind of weight loss challenge??? Nothing like a little motivation to do a body good. I could designate a day each week that I will give my weight loss for that week on my blog...also have a goal end date for the challenge....MAYBE...April 1st?? Then you could chime in on a comment and leave your weight loss. It would totally be on the honor system...and based on total pounds lost. So nothing fancy just...whomever loses the MOST wins! I only want to lose 6 or 7 pounds...so I will be no competition at all, YOU can beat that!! If you want to do it don't just be a LURKER from LURKERVILLE...participate! It will be fun!! I don't know....this might be a stupid idea. I was just trying to think of something FUN to keep myself accountable. I like a challenge and a little friendly competition!! Who knows I might even throw a prize into the mix. Let me know what you think =-)

It's a rainy Friday here today. So...it's making my OCD cleaning come back full force. I'm going to get off here and do laundry and clean my house!

Have a grrrrrrrrrrreat weekend ya'll!!!!
I will be spending my weekend at home in the dark! LOL!!!!

Snowflake Divider

9 comments:

Faith said...

HI Jennifer! Well, i see you already "won" the excellence award....I had just given it to you! Oh well...I am not changing my post so....come on over to read what I said about ya! (our bill was high too...and I am like you...I know who NOT to vote for but no idea WHO to vote for..!!) And..your idea is great. I am trying to lose 3 lbs in my middle (I call it my meno pot...you can't relate yet as you are not in your late 40's) I also want to tone my leg muscles again..gotta get my arms and legs ready for my new kayaks!! LOL

AshNAlMom said...

I told you not tho think anything about hoe Jarrett was acting. I totally understood. I also told Allie that she better get use to it. Boys will be boys! My electric bill was $249.00. So we will be in the dar right along with you.
Count me in for the weight Loss Comp....IT"S ON SISTA!!!

Tanja said...

This is just a plug. Take it or leave it. Huckabee is a Christian. I met him briefly way back in the day when I was a reporter in Arkansas and he was still governor. Several newspaper reporters went to the capital for the day. I liked him. Even bought his book, Character is the Issue, once I got home. Not trying to make a political ruckus here, but there are no perfect candidates, just as there have never been any perfect presidents.

Amy said...

I might be chiming in the on weight loss. Sounds like motivation to me. Being held accountable always helps.

Tam said...

OK girl Electric GA is expensive. This month was a good month it was 250.00 but usually it is higher and higher!

I have a draft about my polictical thoughts that I have not posted yet but will hopefully tonite

~cassie~ said...

Ian loves to show his little "attitude" when he has a game like that. . so I completely understand. Competitive is Ian's middle name. . .We try to teach him about having a good attitude too, but seems to go in one ear and out the other. As far as the weight loss goes. . I've been working out since the first of December. . .and have only lost 5 pounds, but my clothes are definately looser. . . so count me in too. =) Have a great weekend at home in the dark. Ha!

Anonymous said...

My electric bill was OUTRAGEOUS this month too!! $262!!

Count me in on the weight loss challenge thing. Sounds fun. I could stand to lose some poundage.

M

Rachel said...

I know all about those boy attitudes. Sorry to be the barer of bad news..but it doesn't get any better.

I totally agree with you about the presidential candidates. Most have no morals at all and the ones that have a FEW are riding the fence with everything! I have NO IDEA who I will vote for.

Count me in on the weight loss challenge!! That's such a fun idea. I need to lose about 15 pounds before Summer.

Anonymous said...

I'm in on the weight loss challenge too. Arpil goal sounds great as I have special plans for April 24th.