Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Is it Monday OR Tuesday??

Jarrett was out of school yesterday.....so today has felt like MONDAY all day long. I'm confused! and Blonde too!! LOL!!
I have been out and about all day today. Just getting some misc stuff done......I also didn't get to do my early morning post like normal....so here it is now.

It's been one BuSY and CraZy day. This evening we will get to stay home together. Since CHAC Basketball season is over...we only have Upward BB practice on Thursdays..then one game on Saturday. This Saturday, we will also be going to sign Jarrett up for his third year of CHAC Baseball and ALSO signing the Blakester up for his FIRST year of T-Ball! We can't wait to watch them both play this season!! It will be Big Fun!!

Ok....I have a new revelation in my life! Here it is.....
NO MORE CAFFEINE FOR ME! I'm not a coffee drinker...but, I'm beyond addicted to Diet Mtn Dew. I'm talking...I drink a 2 liter or MORE a day. I know that is NOT good for me. Not to mention I hate that I have let myself become sooooo addicted to this drug. Yes...caffeine is a drug. If I don't drink it I get MEGA headaches and if I don't keep drinking it throughout my day.....I get so tired and sleepy. I don't like how it makes me feel! I have decided from this day forward I am not going to drink anymore caffeine...and drink LOTS more water. Hopefully by the end of this week.....I will have kicked the habit. So, my sweet blogger buddies, say a prayer that I don't go NUTS in the process. Pray that I don't get unbelievably grouchy....and that my headaches are not too bad. Oh...and that my family survives my detoxification!! LOL!
Bye-Bye Diet Mtn Dew! I'm gonna miss ya....but, we just ain't good for each other any more.....I've got to let ya go. One more thing....in an 8oz glass there's 35mg of sodium!! I certainly don't need that in my diet either.

AND....One more little change in mine AND Blake's life is.....I am going to do some supplemental homeschooling with him. He goes to preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays...and I don't feel like he is getting everything he needs. So we are going to have school at the Fox house....M,W and F too! Blake and I actually just finished making a little area in his bedroom with a desk. We visited our local school supply store for some workbooks and other little odds and ends today. I'm excited about it. He is excited about it right now. That will probably change though. I hope not. I hope we can have fun with it......I have always tried to make learning fun with Jarrett and Blake. Jarrett picked up on everything VERY fast......Blake, on the other hand, I see struggling with the things that Jarrett had no problem with. I know.....I shouldn't compare. I'm not exactly comparing the two of them...I can just see such a difference between them. Blake doesn't like to sit still long enough to learn something....he would rather be running around and playing. Which, that's just Blake. I have already decided that if I don't see any improvement in Blake....I am going to hold him back next year from Kindergarten. So we will see what happens. We just want to do what's best for Blake =-). Also...it won't hurt my feelings any to have him home with Mommy another year!! Who knows, I might even decide to homeschool him for a few years. We shall see....
Here's a couple of pictures of his new space in his room.
Oh...and...one more thing. I went 35 minutes on the elliptical today at the gym,I burnt 500 calories during the full length of my workout...including weights!!! Look out you 4 lb weight loss people!!! I'm coming for ya!!!!!

Snowflake Divider

3 comments:

Amy said...

Great job on the elliptical today and so love the "study" part of the bedroom! My husband is addicted to Diet Mt. Dew as well (he calls it his nectar). I so would love for him to give it up, but I'll have to let him make the decison. Hope your day has slowed down a bit!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...love the little "school room" area you have made for Blake. Enjoy this special time with him.

You can definately kick the caffeine habit. Travis did it years ago and he was a major Mountain Dew addict (and you know Travis - he didn't need caffeine to make him anymore hyper) He also got me to do it years ago. I don't think I was quite as hooked as you though (HA HA). He is a huge water drinker and conviced me a long time ago - it is best. We drink it all the time. I do have peach tea from Pals every now and then and even a coke with caffeine once and while (everything in moderation is the key). Sometimes I just have to have the carbonation though ---- could care less about the caffiene - but just want a little something other than water. I keep caffeine free drinks around the house and when I get the craving - I will get one - without the caffeine.

Trust me - you can do it and you won't even miss it once you get over the headaches.

You go girl.....

I am with you on the weight thing too. I am trying to get rid of the extra pounds from Brayden. So far so good. Gained 20 pounds during pregnancy and have lost 27 --- Strange thing is - I still don't fit into my clothes the way I use to. The problem is the parts that are here are much much wider. HA HA

So I am in a major "TONE IT ALL UP MODE" and Fit TV is my new favorite channel.

Faith said...

You go girl! I don't drink soda much at all anymore and NEVER have liked diet. I drink coffee every a.m. but have cut way back compared to when I was in my 20's. My favorite beverage right now is Adirondack Water with lime. I drink about 24 oz of water a day and it helps with all kinds of things...especially with PMS symptoms. My ob/gyn wants me to drink 32 oz a day...I'm not there yet...but it is my goal!
Love what you are doing with Blake. I did the very same thing with both of my kids. I homeschooled them in piano from age 4-7 and in whole language/arts/science/reading for ages 18 mo-kindergarten. They also attended an academic Prek for ages 3-5 but on the days they were off I did the homeschool thing with TONS of field trips. It was great and gave them a good start for public school! ENJOY Every minute...it goes by so fast!!