Do you ever take a moment to sit, take a look inside YOUR little world and think about the many blessings the Lord has given you and how thankful you are??
One of the blogs that I read is http://retrospection.typepad.com/my_weblog/ .
This blog is about a Wife and Mother, named Christine, she is 30 years old.
She and her husband, Eric, were newlyweds in September 2002. She was 25 and Eric was 29. Very happy together and building their first home together. So in love and so excited about their future.
While Eric was on a business trip in Canada in 2006 he had a seizure. He was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma Stage 4 tumor in the right temporal lobe of his brain in September 2006.
Christine was in her third trimester of pregnancy with their first child.
Eric had the right temporal lobe removed which was responsible for 4% of brain function.
He was still working full time and living a normal life.
But, even after that surgery he was faced with the reality of the disease--the team of doctors that were treating him gave him a prognosis of 2-5 years.
Eric passed away this past Saturday, on January 5. He was 35 years old.
I have been so burdened for this family....a family that I don't even know personally. But, through her blog she has touched my life with her courage, strength and devotion to her husband and family. I pray for them daily. I woke up last night in the middle of the night and couldn't stop thinking of them. I looked over at Michael and I almost cried....just thinking about what if he wasn't right there beside me....and would never be again.
I can't imagine what Christine and her sweet little boy, Ethan, are living through right now.
At this very moment.
It has made me stop and think of how quickly our lives can be turned completely upside down in a second.
I am so thankful for Michael's health. I am so thankful for Jarrett and Blake's health. I am thankful for my health. I am so thankful for each family member and friend's health. Most of all I want to thank GOD for his many blessings.
It is so easy to take our health for granted. It's so easy to take our lives in general for granted and the lives of our loved ones. You never know what the future holds.
I try to enjoy every single second with my family.....the good times, the bad times and the pull my hair out I can't take it anymore times ;-) Because even during the "pull my hair out" times...that only means that our kiddos are full of life.....and Michael too. I have a few "pull my hair out" moments with him too!! ha..ha..ha..
Please try to remember this dear family in your prayers.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Being Thankful
Posted by
Jennifer
at
7:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















5 comments:
Thank you for making me aware of my blessings today and everyday.
This week has been hard on me emotionally and I needed to hear this.
I Love you
Sharon
Jennifer
You have no idea what a blessing this was to me. I visited Christine's blog. I was so moved by the first entry on her page. Moved to tears. Thank you for sharing this story with me.We are all so blessed beyond our own comprehension. I'm so glad that I found your blogsite.I feel like the Lord places people in our lives for different reasons.I'm glad you are in mine, if only by blog.
Enjoy your weekend.
I will lift up this woman and her son in prayer. It really made me aware of what to be thankful for today. I was in tears reading this!
Oh my. I'm wiping tears away as I type here. What a moving post.
I will pray for this family. I cannot imagine what that Mom is facing right now. Losing her husband, and with such a young child to take care of in his absence. It's just heartbreaking and seems so unfair.
We've dealt with cancer in our own family (our 4 year old son fought kidney cancer 18 months ago) and you're so right. You need to count your blessing one by one EVERY day! who knows what tomorrow might bring?
Thank you for reminding me.
~Keri
So sad and yes you are right it does stop and make you take assesment of your own life and family. My heart goes out to her and her son!
Really enjoying your blog!
Post a Comment