Thursday, January 17, 2008

SNOW DAY!! WOO-HOO!!

Yesterday morning we woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow! I am very pessimistic when it comes to snow. I never want to get my hopes up and then wake up to NOTHING! All day long on Wednesday everyone was saying..It's going to snow tomorrow!!! I said..."Naaaah....it's not going to snow."
But I was wrong! I was very happy to be!! =-)
There was no school and we enjoyed some snow day play! It snowed a couple of inches...and wasn't freezing cold outside. So it was a lot of fun!! We went out early because it was beginning to drizzle rain and I knew the snow wasn't going to last long. =-(
Here's some pictures from our SNOW DAY...

I took this one early yesterday morning....before any footprints were made in our front yard Here's a tree beside our house......It looked so pretty all full of snow =-)Blake and Jarrett.....so excited!

SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!!

The Blakester =-) Blllaaaaaake!! Don't you do it!!!!!!!

Jarrett proud of his big snowball...

Blake made a big one too......

They worked on making a couple of snowmen...
they couldn't get it going....so they gave up pretty quickly.....

They got out their sleighs......and slid down the big hill in our backyard.
I have since decided that we need to install a chairlift!
Anyway....this was Jarrett asking Blake....."Are you ready???!!!!"

and off they goooooo.....

CRASH!

Cute!! Also, if you look closely you will notice that they are wearing SOCKS on their hands. Their gloves were soaking wet....it was a really wet snow....so I came up with the bright idea of layering one sock, then a sandwich bag and then another sock on top of that. It worked.....their hands stayed warm. I'm a genius!! ha..ha..ha..ha... I bet that would qualify as a Redneck joke...I can see it now...."If you put socks on your kids hands for gloves......"

Jarrett screaming. (At first I wrote..."Jarrett screaming like a girl!"....but when he read it he made me erase it....he said "People will think I'm a big dork!!) I did erase it...for a little bit anyway ;-) tee-hee-hee. Don't tell on me!!!

Jarrett going down by himself....

and Blake too.....he had some speed going down that hill!!!!

This picture is a mere example of our life......
Blake having a complete and total meltdown because he can't get his foot the way he wants it on the sled,
while Jarrett is completely ignoring him.

and playing on the playground...
Soon after this last picture....they wanted to go in.
So we came in, got out of our wet clothes and put our pj's back on.
I fixed them some eggs, bacon and made some hot chocolate...they were starving!

Here's some hot chocolate action shots...tee-hee-hee.. Don't they look like little angels.....awww!! Don't fall for it I tell ya!!!!
They're wolves in sheep's clothing!! BEWARE!!! ha..ha..ha.. YUM-YUM!! Oh...yes....and I most certainly can't leave out the chocolate mouths (and noses) that were left behind!!

I cleaned house pretty much the rest of the day. Jarrett and Blake played together so it gave me some time to get the rest of my OCD list completed. I finished it. Yee-Haw! I just made myself smile again.

Then yesterday evening we had Upward Basketball practice. We only had four of our boys show up, including Jarrett. So it wasn't much of a practice. But, it worked out OK.
Then I had to take some movies back to Blockbuster. And my evil husband said...."Why don't you stop and get some ICE CREAM." and I did...he didn't have to ask me twice ;-)
So last night we watched a movie (I know that's so out of character for us)...Oceans 12....we are on a sequel kick right now. We each had a BIG bowl of Moose Tracks Ice Cream at 10:00 last night. I could feel it going straight to my hips! My husband, however, could eat like that all day everyday....and never gain a pound!! I don't get it!!!!!!!
Oh well.....it was soooo goooooood.....it was sooooo worth it!!Snowflake Divider

4 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH what GREAT pictures.. it looked like a super FUN day!!!!!

Tam said...

OOO how I miss snow. It looked like a great day!!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I laugh about something you say every single time I read your blog.
I'm so glad I met you and we have gotten to know one another. You are a blessing to me and a joy to know.

Wendy

angela said...

You have the best hill in your back yard for snow sleding. That looks like SO MUCH FUN. And then of course, the HOT CHOCOLATE.

Love you,

me