Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Recipients..

I received this award from Tam at Mommasong a few days ago....and now it's my turn to pass it along to 5 recipients. Here they are...


1. Retrospection - This lady just lost her husband to brain cancer on January 5, 2008 he was 35. I have posted an entry about her before. She has truly touched my life. She has journaled the long battle with cancer that her husband has endured and also her emotions along the way. I have shed many tears reading her entries.

2. Gold In The Clouds - She has been married for 17 years and has 2 daughters. She states they are her best friends. She is very involved with her daughters school, she is also very involved with her church. She states on her blog that "I want to encourage all women whether at home or in the workplace to use their giftings for the Lord and shine the light of Jesus in our world."

3. Tykemomma - She is a SAHM of 2 children and is a homeschooler mom. She has been married for 15 years. She moved from Minnesota to TN just 6 years ago. She just endured a terrible tragedy. An electrical fire destroyed everything in their home on December 13, 2007. She talks about how her relationship with the Lord was refined with the fire and how the Lord will never leave us or forsake us. (OOPS!!! I made a mistake....She is a mother of 6 children and is homeschooling 2 of them)

4. MrsStaffSergeant - She is an Air Force wife and a SAHM to 2 boys. She married her husband a month after September 11th. She states that they have survived tours to Iraq and Korea and are currently stationed in New Jersey. She also states..."I am a Christian and continually strive and struggle to know God better. Many times I feel I'm failing miserably in what He'd like me to accomplish but I pick myself back up and thank Him for 2nd chances (and 3rd and 4th...) "

5. ScrapsInBloom - She is also a SAHM with one son. She states that she is married to a wonderful husband. She is a new blogger. She always gives lots of good tips and information. She also shares some very inspiring devotionals with her readers.

If not for the BLOGOSPHERE....I would have never gotten to take a peek into the lives of these ladies. I just happened upon each of these blogs. These ladies have touched my life, each in a different way. Thank you ladies for sharing your candid thoughts and keeping it REAL!! Enjoy your award!!

Snowflake Divider

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Do you know how to get the award code so that it can be added to my sidebar? I see you added it to yours....how did you do it?

THANKS again....it was really nice of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops. Another question....do I nominate 5 people now? I've never had an award, so I don't know how it works. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

WOW..Thanks Jennifer!!! I am new to this whole blogging world so this is way cool :o)
BTW, I am a SAHM of 6 children...just home schooling 2 of them.
It's been fun getting to know another Tennessee blogger.
Your boys are so gorgeous...I love their smiles!

THANKS a bunch for awarding me! Can you answer Krista's questions on here so I can learn too?

Keri said...

Well, wow! Thank you very much! This sure is a nice surprise! I've so enjoyed getting to know you through reading your blog too :)

Gee, now I need to pay it forward to 5 of my favorite ladies huh? (Gee, how will I pick just 5? There are so many that I enjoy out there! haha)

Hope you had a great weekend!

Jennifer said...

Krista,
I saved the award picture to my files by highlighting the picture then right clicking and then clicking on "save as" and saved it to my files.
Then I added it to my side bar by going from my customize page, then to add a page element, then to add a picture.
I hope this helps. If you have any other questions just let me know =-)

and yes..now you need to nominate 5 bloggers for the award.

Faith said...

WOW! Thank you so much Jennifer!! This is my first "award" in the blogospere! Oh, by the way....I love my daughters dearly but I consider my husband my best friend, not my kids! (but thanks for the sentiment anyways...I hope I am their friend as well as their mom but....LOL). This was so nice of you! I am glad to have "met" you!! God bless you!